Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Cheap coilovers?

Vehicles
      02 Reflex GTI AWP, 03 Tornado red jetta AWP, 00 Flat Green Golf AWD, 04 reflex silver R32
      02-16-2012 04:22 AM #1
      Im looking for the cheapest coilover suspension thats worth buying. Im buying for my girlfriend and shes not trying to spend over a $1000 on coilovers. So basically what would you guys recommend?
      I have seen some coils new for as low as $350 but im assuming they ride like complete crap.

Im thinking a used set would be my best bet but if there is any new cheap sets that are decent please let me know
      Thanks for any responses!

Vehicles
      2008 VW GTI, 1995 BWM M3
      02-16-2012 08:08 AM #2
      Just put a set of DG springs on, she'll be happy.
      2008 GTI Option 0 - Daily driver and track car (#62)
      PCA HPDE Instructor
      http://www.jkautomotive.net/

Vehicles
      83 rabbit GTI
      02-16-2012 09:55 AM #3
      I just bought my gf some coilover from Rokkor tuning for about 380 shipping included and just need to install them on her car. (mk4 05 gti) I read up on reviews for these and have not found nothing but good reviews and happy people who have bought these. Also my brother installed some on his mk2 and they ride nice and he can go pretty low on the coils. Check out their website.

Vehicles
      02 Reflex GTI AWP, 03 Tornado red jetta AWP, 00 Flat Green Golf AWD, 04 reflex silver R32
      02-20-2012 05:06 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by bostonaudi1 View Post
      Just put a set of DG springs on, she'll be happy.
      Its on springs now but she wants to lower it a little more.

Vehicles
      02-20-2012 05:17 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Esevw View Post
      I just bought my gf some coilover from Rokkor tuning for about 380 shipping included and just need to install them on her car. (mk4 05 gti) I read up on reviews for these and have not found nothing but good reviews and happy people who have bought these. Also my brother installed some on his mk2 and they ride nice and he can go pretty low on the coils. Check out their website.
      I was looking at those. Seems really reasonable but I was just wondering if the ride is ok.
      I was also looking at these...http://store.blackforestindustries.com/mk4jomco.html

Vehicles
      97 TR jetta, 87 jetta, 81 caddy, 95 cbr600
      02-21-2012 02:11 PM #6
      Most budget coils will ride the same regardless of the name. User's reviews will vary depending upon what suspension setups they have used in the past. Although they won't perform as well as a higher end coil you have to start some where I guess if you are on a budget.
      Give wildlife a brake! 4TSQ. WV, Almost Heaven. Where are the moose? Save the Frogs!. Save the whales. I birds. Iron City

Vehicles
      02-22-2012 05:37 AM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by deletedo1m View Post
      Most budget coils will ride the same regardless of the name. User's reviews will vary depending upon what suspension setups they have used in the past. Although they won't perform as well as a higher end coil you have to start some where I guess if you are on a budget.
      Makes since. Ill get a budget set then later on Ill get her something nicer

8. 02-23-2012 02:58 PM #8
      I have rokkor's on an 03 gti. they don't ride too bad , little bouncy imo. dont forget to replace all the bushings in the process : )

Vehicles
      83 rabbit GTI
      02-24-2012 03:41 AM #9
      A couple of days ago I finally installed the coils on my gfs car and they do ride pretty damn nice for how in expensive that they were. They are good quality and yes the car does seem to be a tad bit bouncy nothing major, since I didn't replace the bushings when I did the install but in the near future I am going to run some poly bushings to replace the worn down ones.
      Over all my gf is super stoked and happy to have a lowered car now and were not broke lol.

Vehicles
      02-24-2012 07:22 AM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by Esevw View Post
      A couple of days ago I finally installed the coils on my gfs car and they do ride pretty damn nice for how in expensive that they were. They are good quality and yes the car does seem to be a tad bit bouncy nothing major, since I didn't replace the bushings when I did the install but in the near future I am going to run some poly bushings to replace the worn down ones.
      Over all my gf is super stoked and happy to have a lowered car now and were not broke lol.
      Good to hear

Vehicles
      02' VW Jetta 1.8T AWP Wolfsberg Edition (Daily Driver). 91' VW Jetta GL (Project Car)
      02-27-2012 08:58 PM #11
      If you want cheap, but pretty decent coils I'd go with Raceland Ultimos, about $450 to your door. $400 it self. I'd do all the moments in the process, might as well seeing as you have it all out. Refresh everything and you will be really happy
      Stance is dumb. Performance is fun. The Daily: Neuspeed P-flo, Forge 007 DV, 42DD 3"TBE, BFI Stg2 Dogbone & Stg1 Trans & Motor mounts, ECS Stg1 Clutch kit with 14lb flywheel, NGK BKR6E plugs. 1/4Mile 15.5 @89MPH. Mustang Dyno150whp&155wtq
      Quote Originally Posted by BreadnButter View Post
      I'd say it was in the early to mid '00s... Back when this place wasn't filled with douche.