Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Raikkonen Report

1. Member
      Vehicles
      '04 Bugatti wagon, '85 V65 Sabre
      03-17-2012 02:01 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by jsmyle1%... View Post
      kfz,

I'm gonna give you an opportunity to resurrect "it" before I do....

Come nuh mon....Mi case an du it...
      Lmao. I watched quali this morning and "that" immediately came to mind.
      I thoroughly impressed by that pole. Amazing what happened to RB and Ferrari!!!!!

Well, my gwon yoot, start 'er up. She's a comin'.............
      Form is temporary; Class is permanent

2. Member
      Vehicles
      03-18-2012 03:47 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister View Post
      Lmao. I watched quali this morning and "that" immediately came to mind.
      I thoroughly impressed by that pole. Amazing what happened to RB and Ferrari!!!!!

Well, my gwon yoot, start 'er up. She's a comin'.............
      Nvermind. Might hold off a bit.

Vehicles
      '01 B5.5 wagon, '81 Scirocco, '04 FXDWG and too many A1,2, & 3 cars to remember. '93 Miata for S&G
      03-18-2012 03:49 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man
      Why do they keep showing me blue flags???
      Quote Originally Posted by atomicalex View Post
      That implies she had pants on to begin with. I think we can all agree that pants are not a given.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      03-18-2012 03:53 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Racer View Post
      Great!

Must say, impressive move forward. Aside from that timing snafu during qualifying, the Renault shows some pretty good pace.
      I'm thinking a few races to shake off the F1 rust (see below Kimi quote) and we might see him mixing it up with the front runners.

The SC didn't help him much today!

5. Member
      Vehicles
      03-26-2012 02:38 PM #30
      Let's hear it for the Iceman! Qualified 5th, then lost 5 spots due to a trans swap. Ran a competitive race and ended up 5th.

Not bad for a guy who hasn't driven on the Pirelli rain tires!

Like Kimi said "I just want a regular weekend for once.'

Me, too. Anxious to see him really pick up his pace in the coming months.

It was pointed out that he's some 11 years younger than Schumacher and definitely looks fast in the opening races of his comeback!!!

Vehicles
      '01 B5.5 wagon, '81 Scirocco, '04 FXDWG and too many A1,2, & 3 cars to remember. '93 Miata for S&G
      03-26-2012 02:58 PM #31
      Let's hear it for the Iceman! Qualified 5th, then lost 5 spots due to a trans swap. Ran a competitive race and ended up 5th.

Not bad for a guy who hasn't driven on the Pirelli rain tires!

Like Kimi said "I just want a regular weekend for once.'

Me, too. Anxious to see him really pick up his pace in the coming months.

It was pointed out that he's some 11 years younger than Schumacher and definitely looks fast in the opening races of his comeback!!!
      He definitely gets props for being pretty competitive right out of the gate. He's certainly don't better than Schumacher did at the start, and Schumacher jumped into the prior year's championship-winning car.
      That implies she had pants on to begin with. I think we can all agree that pants are not a given.

7. 03-26-2012 03:15 PM #32
      I am happy to see Kimi's performances!

8. Member
      Vehicles
      03-26-2012 10:49 PM #33
      Fastest lap of the race in Malaysia. He seems to take pleasure in taking fast laps. Kimi's back.
      There are already suggestions from the paddock that Lotus/ Kimi will win races this year.

03-26-2012 11:07 PM #34
      Give Kimi Webber's seat!

Vehicles
      An imaginary one
      03-26-2012 11:09 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Racer View Post
      He definitely gets props for being pretty competitive right out of the gate. He's certainly don't better than Schumacher did at the start, and Schumacher jumped into the prior year's championship-winning car.
      ...which no longer had a major competitive edge over the rest of the field due to getting a 1-year development head-start. The Mercedes Michael got into was representative of what Mercedes/Brawn truly were.

For the record, Michael's first two races of 2010:
      Bahrain - 6th
      Australia - 10th (had to pit for a front wing after being taken out when Jenson spun Alonso in Turn 1)

Not exactly horrible.

11. Member
      Vehicles
      03-26-2012 11:14 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
      Give Kimi Webber's seat!
      Nooooooooooo!!!
      Lotus might have a faster car this year.

Vehicles
      03-27-2012 08:25 AM #37
      Nooooooooooo!!!
      Lotus might have a faster car this year.
      Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

I will say this, the Lotus certainly looks like the best staring car on the grid. The jumps that Grosjean has gotten, and how much more speed he has than anyone else, have been impressive.

13. Member
      Vehicles
      04-23-2012 11:50 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
      Give Kimi Webber's seat!
      I'm thinking that Kimi's got a pretty good gig!

Quote Originally Posted by The Inlap
      ...The MAN OF THE RACE goes to Kimi Raikkonen. Sebastian Vettel was dusting off the old finger when he looked in his mirrors and saw his next door neighbour chasing him down in a pretend Lotus. Considering he's spent the last two years driving a Citroen into a tree, his performance was nothing short of sensational.
      LMAO

Vehicles
      German/American/French
      04-23-2012 11:53 PM #39
      Considering he's spent the last two years driving a Citroen into a tree, his performance was nothing short of sensational.
      “I would request that my body in death be buried not cremated, so that the energy content contained within it gets returned to the earth, so that flora and fauna can dine upon it, just as I have dined upon flora and fauna during my lifetime” - Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Vehicles
      '15 PP GTI; '89 Cabriolet
      04-24-2012 08:50 AM #40
      I'm thinking that Kimi's got a pretty good gig!

LMAO
      I'm not gonna lie. I am actually rooting for Mr. Personality....Definitely more so than Mr. Monobrow. But given the choice of you and the Tifosi (Mr. Soon-to-be-unempoyed included) vs. "thahskeeter" and Mr. One-in-the-stink, I'd rather swing the red nuts!!!

16. 04-24-2012 10:14 AM #41
      I'm not gonna lie. I am actually rooting for Mr. Personality....Definitely more so than Mr. Monobrow. But given the choice of you and the Tifosi (Mr. Soon-to-be-unempoyed included) vs. "thahskeeter" and Mr. One-in-the-stink, I'd rather swing the red nuts!!!
      Coffee meet keyboard!

Vehicles
      German/American/French
      04-25-2012 07:35 AM #42
      I've said this before and I'll say it again, the only way to get Italians focused on something besides admiring themselves is to get Germans involved.
      “I would request that my body in death be buried not cremated, so that the energy content contained within it gets returned to the earth, so that flora and fauna can dine upon it, just as I have dined upon flora and fauna during my lifetime” - Neil deGrasse Tyson.

18. 04-25-2012 11:16 AM #43
      I think the one most bothered by Kimi's comeback is MS, I mean how bad does this make MS comeback look..lol. Laidback easy going Kimi bags 2nd step back from 11th on the grid in only 4 outing, ouch, even a icecream on a stick can't ease that pain for MS.

Vehicles
      2004 Audi S4, 08 Wolfy
      04-25-2012 12:59 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by dubsix View Post
      I think the one most bothered by Kimi's comeback is MS, I mean how bad does this make MS comeback look..lol. Laidback easy going Kimi bags 2nd step back from 11th on the grid in only 4 outing, ouch, even a icecream on a stick can't ease that pain for MS.
      See the problem is Ms doesn't have any driving assist's to help him win, while on the other hand Kimi has genuine talent that has taken him to the podium.

20. Member
      Vehicles
      04-25-2012 04:32 PM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by 24vEngineer View Post
      See the problem is Ms doesn't have any driving assist's to help him win, while on the other hand Kimi has genuine talent that has taken him to the podium.
      I think he manages the tires better and has a really, really good car. Besides, he's about 10 years younger than Schumi....

I agree, Schumacher's lashing out probably comes after Raikkonen had such a great outing!

Vehicles
      '15 PP GTI; '89 Cabriolet
      04-25-2012 05:55 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by 24vEngineer View Post
      Ouch!!!

22. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 Mazda CX-9 Zoom zoom
      04-25-2012 06:24 PM #47
      I think he manages the tires better and has a really, really good car. Besides, he's about 10 years younger than Schumi....

I agree, Schumacher's lashing out probably comes after Raikkonen had such a great outing!
      On Michael defense, his car has been a dog the last two years as evidence by Rosberg too... This year Michael has qualified 2, 3, and 4 but has suffer from mechanical and bad luck in the race(including a Renault driver putting him). Comparing Kimi to Michael is He started 22 and finished 10th. Kimi Started 11 and finish second were is the big difference?

Vehicles
      German/American/French
      04-25-2012 06:41 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by GTIVRSEX2 View Post
      On Michael defense, his car has been a dog the last two years as evidence by Rosberg too... This year Michael has qualified 2, 3, and 4 but has suffer from mechanical and bad luck in the race(including a Renault driver putting him). Comparing Kimi to Michael is He started 22 and finished 10th. Kimi Started 11 and finish second were is the big difference?
      Agreed. Again, not a fan of Schumacher but he really hasn't had a proper chance to show what he is capable of.

In a way, Kimi was lucky that he's got a good car this year, otherwise he'd be a laughing stock.

24. 04-25-2012 07:12 PM #49
      MS lashes out at Pirelli because they won't make custom one off tires for him like Bridgestone did.

Vehicles
      German/American/French
      04-25-2012 10:06 PM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by dubsix View Post
      MS lashes out at Pirelli because they won't make custom one off tires for him like Bridgestone did.
      No, he is just entered dark ages of being menopausal .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast