Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eurowerkz Presents [EUROFEST] 4/29/2012 at Metlife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      04-30-2012 01:36 PM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by DJOUTOFSIGHT View Post
      First of all I was the one on the moped. THAT ENTIRE “CREW” was in the wrong lot. They parked there and walked into the event. [They were going to get parking tickets and then towed] There were signs and a 35 Foot banner that showed where Eurofest was.

OUTSIDE of our lot a moron did a donut and hit a car in the process OUTSIDE. THEY WERE NOT IN NOR PAID TO GET INTO EUROFEST YET. SO, this means they were not AT EUROFEST. This was a "MetLife" issue not a Eurofest issue. That’s the reason I said that to them. Did you expect us to also pay for security for the other 14 parking lots outside of where Eurofest was held? How was I supposed to control cars in a complete different location?

We loved the support of all our Euro friends but we did not expect that type of turnout. You guys FILLED the place up like we were paying for people to be there. It was insane; we were prepared and staffed to take on 1,000 or so cars. It’s what we expected being a new location and we got more than double.

I am sorry for the long food lines, and the parking situation. The gates were supposed to open at 12 but we had people waiting outside of the show and got calls from met life that we were blocking the streets. We had NO choice but to lets cars in and were not ready AT THAT TIME to have them in the correct locations. They just parked at will and not according to my MAP.
      Again, I stress that myself and the entire Team Eurowerkz are sorry for not being prepared for such a big turnout. WE assure all that next year we will have the staff and the event will go down the way it was supposed to.

BTW; no need to put quotes around DONATED. Your money along everyone elses will go to the 2 charities. Update soon on that info
      That's what I thought. Usually when a show gets disorganized it is because the planners had a turn-out much larger than expected. Take it as a learning experience.

I must say, there were some ridiculously nice cars at the show. for dealing with the madness.
      //COOLWATERmotorsport
      |F0TZ3 HA5E| - The Project
      VWVolkshaus: Haus des Verrückten

2. 04-30-2012 01:41 PM #52
      Eurowerkz would like to thank everyone who came out to the event! It was a great day and we hope to see everyone again next year! We will be paying attention to everyone's comments in order to make next year even bigger and better. Thank you again for supporting the show and the charities the proceeds went to. You all helped make a difference!

3. 04-30-2012 01:58 PM #53
      Big thank you from the Crestmont VW crew! We showed up in the Golf R, GLI, and CC to show support to the community that supports our business. Had a great time there yesterday.

I have to agree with the Eurowerkz crew on why things got a bit messy. I have done one show here at our dealership and have attended many throughout my life. It is impossible for any sponsors, security, promoters, etc to control the masses of people that turn out at these shows. Their is always a select few A-holes that like to act cool and end up crashing, fighting, causing general havoc etc. Sad but very true.

Why not look at all the good that was done yesterday? Money donated to great causes, gorgeous cars to look at, great people all showing their hard work in their cars, and just an overall great event. I know we were shocked when we saw how many people showed up (was def not expecting that).
      So instead of complaining after every show this year try to remember all the hard work these guys have to do to put together a show for all of US to enjoy. Again thanks to the Eurowerkz crew.

Vehicles
      B5 Passat
      04-30-2012 02:21 PM #54
      Thanks for the great show video will be out soon.

Vehicles
      09 jetta SE
      04-30-2012 02:38 PM #55
      Three.8 coverage goes like this:
      AKdub | I NY * Now in Dallas TX | THREE.8.WERKS...Ferdinand's Crew | Wheel Build | IG: @AKrapheal

Vehicles
      B5 Passat
      04-30-2012 03:12 PM #56
      Thank you Eurowerkz and sponsors for making this event happen.

Here's the link for the EEM video at Eurofest 2012.

Check out http://www.eemilitiatv.com

7. 04-30-2012 03:22 PM #57
      cool vid.
      ended up getting to bagel spot around 11. 2 crews had already left. me and the wife followed a couple cars in, untill everyone went different ways....
      there was a kid in black mk3 taking pics.
      any chance you got a rolling shot of wifes wagon? if so, hit me up. thanks
      show was cool. i woulda liked to have seen more vw's and

LESS idiots racing around

otherwise was a cool sunday.

Vehicles
      B5 Passat
      04-30-2012 03:31 PM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by anextgli View Post
      cool vid.
      ended up getting to bagel spot around 11. 2 crews had already left. me and the wife followed a couple cars in, untill everyone went different ways....
      there was a kid in black mk3 taking pics.
      any chance you got a rolling shot of wifes wagon? if so, hit me up. thanks
      show was cool. i woulda liked to have seen more vw's and

LESS idiots racing around

otherwise was a cool sunday.
      Rid wagon, white wheels, and bike on top?

9. 04-30-2012 03:32 PM #59
      na, blue b5 wag on merc wheels.

Vehicles
      B5 Passat
      04-30-2012 03:36 PM #60
      na, blue b5 wag on merc wheels.
      I don't think, sorry dude. Just too many cars. But I'll keep looking at the raw footage.

11. 04-30-2012 03:40 PM #61
      no prob. good job with vid.

Vehicles
      B5 Passat
      04-30-2012 03:42 PM #62
      no prob. good job with vid.
      Thanks appreciate it.

13. 04-30-2012 04:30 PM #63
      Hey guys,

I'm just an attendee that wanted to give my feedback. I'm not a sponsor or anything. I just wanted to provide input on how my experience was. Some things I will say may sound ironic, contradicting or ignorant so PLEASE feel free to blow up my spot, flame or whatever. I totally do not mean any offense to any drivers, sponsors, policeman, women, non-euros, ice cream trucks, potatoes, the sky, and any other object and or person that may be offended. Also the things i mention are not in any particular order. Just however I write this I guess. Also again keep in mind this is totally from MY own experience from MY perspective. (i'm really trying to sound like the good guy here )

First off; Thanks to Eurofest for arranging this event. I had a great time. I got to see some girls, lots of cars, and TONS of mods! Main goal complete.

I have a MK5 jetta (i'm 27 for those thinking about that other thread regarding mk5 guys being so young) and yes, there were way more bimmers than any other car at the event. One thing to notice about the flyers for the event; it had a picture of a bimmer on it. From a marketing perspective, you can see that the flyers would hit a larger audience. Obviously there are more bimmers that like to attend shows (or maybe just this show) than vw & audi. I don't have many bimmer friends so I'm assuming this is one of the first big bimmer shows, so just like DOD5, as many bimmers might have tried to attend as possible. I have noticed from my experience that bimmers race, do donuts, drive on the wrong side of the road to skip the line, and cause ruckus more than vw/audi, but that doesnt mean i havent seen vw's burnout and get pulled over at dod5, or a jetta rear end his friend's jetta in dod4 or even worse: http://www.socaleuro.com/forum/showt...n-2-months..... It's the driver that is careless. Sometimes he/she pays for it, and unfortunately someone else sometimes pays for the dumb driver's stupidity.

There were a few posts on vortex and other related dub/audi forums asking around if anyone was attending eurofest and either no one responded, or responded they were not going. I've been in the dub world for a little over 2 1/2 years now and I've enjoyed every show that I've been to. I haven't been to all, but I try to attend the big ones. I've been to DOD, h2o, Waterfest and a few other popular ones. One thing I hear on forums and from some friends of mine (who have been in the game longer than me by 5+ years) all mention "blah the show isnt as great as last year" and it makes me so sad to hear this.

I try not to compare shows with previous ones like "ohh waterfest 16 wasnt as great as 15". My main goals for these shows are to 1) race on track if available, 2) Meet as many cool people as possible and talk/ask about the awesome mods they've done. 3) Buy something like an original sticker, some part i may need/want, raffle tickets, donations etc. I usually check off these boxes and come home all excited about the new ideas for my car and even get on vortex to congratulate/thank people for giving me these ideas.

Some reasons people may not attend anymore is because there are younger generations in the dub game now. Things change; its a casualty of life. Just because we don't always agree with it, doesnt mean we should blame the whole show. We should be providing input for what you feel instead of bashing it all the time. My car is not super low, because i live in brooklyn and do not want to lose my oil pan. Others are fortunate enough to have bags and put their car real low and this looks so good that it has dramatically changed the style of audis/dubs. This shouldnt mean you should say it sucks. Your wife probably thinks your whole obsession with cars is ridiculous. I may be going off tangent, so next topic.

I thought the show was pretty well organized for the basics, sure they should always prepare for max amount of people, but this is a learning experience. I would say this was way more successful than bad. There were policeman on site at the event, Some bimmer got pulled over for doing a donut. Eurofest immediately mentioned NOT TO DO THIS on the microphone and even taunted him saying "your a fool for doing this". Show owners cannot always fully control everything that goes on. But they try to contain it with information, frowing and of course cops.

There was a long line for food. There is usually a long line for food. This line was probably really long because the food was SUPER CHEAP 2 dollar burgers? when i go to raceway park, its about 10 dollars for food and drink. This cheap price had everyone wanting grub. I've learned to bring my own food and drink since most shows have a line or expensive food. My friends and I also did a cruise to harald's deli before going to the event just so we didnt have to wait on the line for food.

Hrmm whats next. Oh the raffle, and people saying the event was too expensive. On average its about $50 to fill your tank from empty. Sometimes you may spend/slurge on some rediculously price part. Why would you be so cheap to pay for a show and sponsor the people giving you this party? Sure realistically this is $20 for entry, maybe 20$ for gas on your trip, ~20 for tolls n stuff. I don't know, maybe I just budget money aside for these events. I can't expect to get $16,000 in prizes just for being there... I digress. As for those complaining how long it took to call out prizes. The guy was really trying to rush and get these prizes out. Again, its $16,000 in prizes! That means for 20 bucks you might win 2 go pros and an exhaust kit (congrats to the couple for the great luck). Raffles are based on probability. If you don't stay for the winnings, your wasting your time. I didnt win anything... But it was a great 20$ to spend! I got a free beach chair someone left after running it over with their car lol.

One of the guys said the gates were supposed to open at 12 and he apologized. He's wrong, they opened at 11:45! I arrived at 11:35 and didn't get in until 12:00, but did you see how many cars were coming into ONE entrance with only ~10 people taking money (cash only, so people with credit cards complicated things)?!?!?

I think this may be all i can think of at the moment. I hope I have not offended anyone or sound stupid, I just want to give some perspective on this whole car community. We all have the same relation to each other. Thats to like cars and play with them. I try to go to as many meets and shows as I can, but my work and life prevent me from attending all.

Vehicles
      00 Jetta, 95 Jetta, e36 318, 89 Fox Coupe, 91 Jetta Coupe, 96 Golf, 03 GTI 1.8T, 04 Jetta
      04-30-2012 06:24 PM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by Earlskey View Post
      Hey guys,

I'm just an attendee that wanted to give my feedback. I'm not a sponsor or anything. I just wanted to provide input on how my experience was. Some things I will say may sound ironic, contradicting or ignorant so PLEASE feel free to blow up my spot, flame or whatever. I totally do not mean any offense to any drivers, sponsors, policeman, women, non-euros, ice cream trucks, potatoes, the sky, and any other object and or person that may be offended. Also the things i mention are not in any particular order. Just however I write this I guess. Also again keep in mind this is totally from MY own experience from MY perspective. (i'm really trying to sound like the good guy here )

First off; Thanks to Eurofest for arranging this event. I had a great time. I got to see some girls, lots of cars, and TONS of mods! Main goal complete.

I have a MK5 jetta (i'm 27 for those thinking about that other thread regarding mk5 guys being so young) and yes, there were way more bimmers than any other car at the event. One thing to notice about the flyers for the event; it had a picture of a bimmer on it. From a marketing perspective, you can see that the flyers would hit a larger audience. Obviously there are more bimmers that like to attend shows (or maybe just this show) than vw & audi. I don't have many bimmer friends so I'm assuming this is one of the first big bimmer shows, so just like DOD5, as many bimmers might have tried to attend as possible. I have noticed from my experience that bimmers race, do donuts, drive on the wrong side of the road to skip the line, and cause ruckus more than vw/audi, but that doesnt mean i havent seen vw's burnout and get pulled over at dod5, or a jetta rear end his friend's jetta in dod4 or even worse: http://www.socaleuro.com/forum/showt...n-2-months..... It's the driver that is careless. Sometimes he/she pays for it, and unfortunately someone else sometimes pays for the dumb driver's stupidity.

There were a few posts on vortex and other related dub/audi forums asking around if anyone was attending eurofest and either no one responded, or responded they were not going. I've been in the dub world for a little over 2 1/2 years now and I've enjoyed every show that I've been to. I haven't been to all, but I try to attend the big ones. I've been to DOD, h2o, Waterfest and a few other popular ones. One thing I hear on forums and from some friends of mine (who have been in the game longer than me by 5+ years) all mention "blah the show isnt as great as last year" and it makes me so sad to hear this.

I try not to compare shows with previous ones like "ohh waterfest 16 wasnt as great as 15". My main goals for these shows are to 1) race on track if available, 2) Meet as many cool people as possible and talk/ask about the awesome mods they've done. 3) Buy something like an original sticker, some part i may need/want, raffle tickets, donations etc. I usually check off these boxes and come home all excited about the new ideas for my car and even get on vortex to congratulate/thank people for giving me these ideas.

Some reasons people may not attend anymore is because there are younger generations in the dub game now. Things change; its a casualty of life. Just because we don't always agree with it, doesnt mean we should blame the whole show. We should be providing input for what you feel instead of bashing it all the time. My car is not super low, because i live in brooklyn and do not want to lose my oil pan. Others are fortunate enough to have bags and put their car real low and this looks so good that it has dramatically changed the style of audis/dubs. This shouldnt mean you should say it sucks. Your wife probably thinks your whole obsession with cars is ridiculous. I may be going off tangent, so next topic.

I thought the show was pretty well organized for the basics, sure they should always prepare for max amount of people, but this is a learning experience. I would say this was way more successful than bad. There were policeman on site at the event, Some bimmer got pulled over for doing a donut. Eurofest immediately mentioned NOT TO DO THIS on the microphone and even taunted him saying "your a fool for doing this". Show owners cannot always fully control everything that goes on. But they try to contain it with information, frowing and of course cops.

There was a long line for food. There is usually a long line for food. This line was probably really long because the food was SUPER CHEAP 2 dollar burgers? when i go to raceway park, its about 10 dollars for food and drink. This cheap price had everyone wanting grub. I've learned to bring my own food and drink since most shows have a line or expensive food. My friends and I also did a cruise to harald's deli before going to the event just so we didnt have to wait on the line for food.

Hrmm whats next. Oh the raffle, and people saying the event was too expensive. On average its about $50 to fill your tank from empty. Sometimes you may spend/slurge on some rediculously price part. Why would you be so cheap to pay for a show and sponsor the people giving you this party? Sure realistically this is $20 for entry, maybe 20$ for gas on your trip, ~20 for tolls n stuff. I don't know, maybe I just budget money aside for these events. I can't expect to get $16,000 in prizes just for being there... I digress. As for those complaining how long it took to call out prizes. The guy was really trying to rush and get these prizes out. Again, its $16,000 in prizes! That means for 20 bucks you might win 2 go pros and an exhaust kit (congrats to the couple for the great luck). Raffles are based on probability. If you don't stay for the winnings, your wasting your time. I didnt win anything... But it was a great 20$ to spend! I got a free beach chair someone left after running it over with their car lol.

One of the guys said the gates were supposed to open at 12 and he apologized. He's wrong, they opened at 11:45! I arrived at 11:35 and didn't get in until 12:00, but did you see how many cars were coming into ONE entrance with only ~10 people taking money (cash only, so people with credit cards complicated things)?!?!?

I think this may be all i can think of at the moment. I hope I have not offended anyone or sound stupid, I just want to give some perspective on this whole car community. We all have the same relation to each other. Thats to like cars and play with them. I try to go to as many meets and shows as I can, but my work and life prevent me from attending all.

TL;DR
      Reddit ಠ_ಠ
      Instagram Follow
      RIP Felix. 07.16.2012
      You left us too soon, miss you and love you!

15. 04-30-2012 06:31 PM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by romayayo View Post
      TL;DR
      Lol yea much longer than I expected to write. I just wanted to cover all points people discuss

Vehicles
      '93 Cabriolet, black '01 TT 225Q autoX machine v2, '11 TDI coupe unicorn, '92 mariner blue meowta
      04-30-2012 06:37 PM #66
      Raffles are based on probability but it was not that shocking that (1) some of the additional tickets that could be purchased were blue, (2) people that purchased tickets stayed for the raffle, and (3) every third (or so) ticket pulled was blue intentionally rather than randomly, based on proability. Of course you're going to have more folks with blue tickets win, there are fewer of them and you're pulling them all. I'm just glad I didn't buy additional raffle tickets from the red spool.
      .: COOLWATER : Motorsport Chapter // I'm a loner, Dottie.. a rebel.
      Quote Originally Posted by RafCarre12 View Post
      [maya]womp womp... (where did that piece of celery go?) kittah![/maya]

Vehicles
      B6 S4 (no more), textured mk4 jetta.(back to life)..hers: mk5 rabbit
      04-30-2012 10:29 PM #67
      great show.

still wondering why a nissan gtr won best exotic (even though the owner is a friend of mine)

congrats to my wife for getting 3rd place in best female ride
      www.eemilitia.com
      MY EE MILITIA FEATURE
      EEM STORE<-BUY SOME STUFF
      http://underwrapsautomotive.com/
      fb--underground motorsports , ig @bdubsmk4turbo

18. 04-30-2012 11:47 PM #68
      WTF, Nissan's being considered exotic.

Also what really caught me off guard was the huge amount of replica wheels I saw, you'd figure if you have the cash to buy a BMW you'd have the cash to buy real wheels.I was hoping on seeing some real baller wheels with ill fitments, and I did see some but not as many as I wanted too.

I liked the show in general, made my money back at the end of the day with some prizes.

Vehicles
      2010 GTI Tornado Red 4 drs
      05-01-2012 12:22 AM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by 09vdubgti View Post
      WTF, Nissan's being considered exotic.

Also what really caught me off guard was the huge amount of replica wheels I saw, you'd figure if you have the cash to buy a BMW you'd have the cash to buy real wheels.I was hoping on seeing some real baller wheels with ill fitments, and I did see some but not as many as I wanted too.

I liked the show in general, made my money back at the end of the day with some prizes.
      Probably because the Transmission is MADE IN GERMANY
      Pm me if you need color matched side marker, reflector/gloss black Vw emblem . R mirror cap..
      Order color matched marker click here http://portfotolio.net/johnftc5
      Click here for pic of my product :http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnftc5/
      Instagram : Projecteuro

05-01-2012 12:53 AM #70
      I had a great time at Eurofest as did my fiance, we were the lucky couple, and so no one gets mad we have never won a raffle before and barely win $5 on a scratch off. Also, the main reason we had bought the blue tickets was because of the VIP parking with Authentic Dubs we were not able to receive tickets with admission, so we felt the need to donate to the cause by buying the raffle tickets. Eurofest was awesome and the staff did an excellent job even though they expected less people. I'm sure they will have all their bases covered for next years, which will probably be even bigger. For a great show
      ME7 MK4 1.8T/VR6 IMMOBILIZER DEFEATS available, NJ local, IM for details or call 908 887 0265
      Launch control NOW Available for most ME7 ECU's. MK4 VR6 Turbo Software with Launch Control and No Lift Shift!!

21. 05-01-2012 10:04 AM #71
      I did not know the blue tickets were pulled intentionally. That is now messed up to me. There should have been a disclaimer "if you purchase tickets, you are more likely to win better prizes" rather than say its one equal raffle.

Whatever, besides the fact that they were trying to trick a few bucks off us, I still had a great time.

22. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      E46 M3
      05-01-2012 06:07 PM #72
      Quote Originally Posted by Earlskey View Post
      I did not know the blue tickets were pulled intentionally. That is now messed up to me. There should have been a disclaimer "if you purchase tickets, you are more likely to win better prizes" rather than say its one equal raffle.

Whatever, besides the fact that they were trying to trick a few bucks off us, I still had a great time.
      Blue tickets were NOT pulled intentionally. We went through a TON of red tickets and we kept coming up with blanks. The raffle was going for well over an hour and nobody was claiming the tickets. They either had left and or were at the dyno. We even had Eurofest staff go to the dyno and let them know raffles were taking place. WE believe that either people didn't know about the large prizes and or didn't care.

We do this because we love cars, Euro community, friends, our team, and our charities. We will fix the issues with had with Eurofest 2012 going forward.

That said, Eurofest 2013 will mark an event that will make history....ONCE AGAIN!
      Last edited by DJOUTOFSIGHT; 05-01-2012 at 06:14 PM.
      EUROFEST 2012

Vehicles
      2002 1.8T GTI
      05-01-2012 06:32 PM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by DJOUTOFSIGHT View Post
      Blue tickets were NOT pulled intentionally. We went through a TON of red tickets and we kept coming up with blanks. The raffle was going for well over an hour and nobody was claiming the tickets. They either had left and or were at the dyno. We even had Eurofest staff go to the dyno and let them know raffles were taking place. WE believe that either people didn't know about the large prizes and or didn't care.

We do this because we love cars, Euro community, friends, our team, and our charities. We will fix the issues with had with Eurofest 2012 going forward.

That said, Eurofest 2013 will mark an event that will make history....ONCE AGAIN!
      I went to a small show close to home a few weeks ago. They had a good idea for the raffles. They would give you both sides of the raffle ticket and if you wanted to enter the raffle you had to fill out one side with your NAME and PHONE NUMBER and then enter it into a box with all the other raffles.

This solved the problem of people leaving before the raffle was held, since the winners could be contacted by phone. Also, this resulted in less throwaway raffle tickets from the people who don't care about winning. Just a thought.
      OTC

Vehicles
      04 DBP VW R32T, 91 Honda Accord (Stolen) 01 Honda Civic (Daily)
      05-01-2012 07:25 PM #74

what does that say? lol Idk how to read... cool sticker
      CCW | ///HPA MotorSports | LosGoonies.com | QuickStrip | WhanAB.com *IG - @romero3.2t*

It's not just a passion, it's a life style!

Vehicles
      '93 Cabriolet, black '01 TT 225Q autoX machine v2, '11 TDI coupe unicorn, '92 mariner blue meowta
      05-01-2012 07:35 PM #75
      .: COOLWATER : Motorsport Chapter // I'm a loner, Dottie.. a rebel.
      Quote Originally Posted by RafCarre12 View Post
      [maya]womp womp... (where did that piece of celery go?) kittah![/maya]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast