Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Water/Methanol Injection

1. 02-17-2012 08:24 PM #1
      I am looking to install a water methanol injection and have a few questions.

Which system is the most reliable?

How many miles have your system been install?

Any cons?

Your responses would be greatly appreciated.

2. 02-18-2012 10:21 PM #2
      Anyone??

Vehicles
      Turbocharged 2004 Civic SI with K20/K24 engine swap, 2006 Audi A3
      02-19-2012 12:48 AM #3
      google. someone asked the same questions just a week or so ago... or use search... its been talked to death... or go in the Water/methanol injection thread in the technical section...
      2006 Audi A3 | 2.0T | 6MT | APR Stage 2+ | Fully loaded ECU | FK grill | EJ CAI | BSH TBP |EJ DV Reloc. | Eurojet TBE | EuroJet Catch Tank | Cross drilled and Slotted Rotors | EBC "Redstuff" Kevlar | Raceland Coilovers | Forge Side to Side Short Shifter | Forge Front to Back Short Shifter | Devil's Own DVC-30 Methanol injection | BSH RSB | BSH Motor mount Kit | 42 DD Shifter Bushings | HPFP Stage 1 upgrade |

Vehicles
      08 GTI K04/04 JETTA TDI
      02-20-2012 06:19 PM #4
      very common thread use the search feature for this forumn there are tons of trheads, i like the aem for price and simplcity of install
      K04/UNITRONIC STAGE 2+/APR HPFP/42DD CATCHCAN/APR CATBACK/UNITRONIC CATLESS DP/BC RACING COILOVERS/APR INTERCOOLER/BSH TRU-SEAL/BSH BULLET PROOF DV/BSH MOUNT KIT/RH ZW4'S 18X8.5/9.5 BLACK W/GOLD BOLTS/VF SHORTSHIFT/AWE BOOST GAUGE/DIESEL GEEK PANZER SKIDPLATE/VOTEX KIT/ AEM WATER METH/ APR REAR SWAY W/ NEUSPEED END LINKS/TRIPLE GAUGEPOD W/AFR/OIL PRES/OILTEMP

02-28-2012 09:35 AM #5
      I went with the devilsown stage 2 kit spraying pre throttle body. The only con I feel is finding the best place for the nozzle, and the best way to mount it as everything is plastic. It adds an instant 20hp and I can run my 100oct file daily.
      Precision Turbo l Tial l Autotech l BSH l AEM l BFI
      .doTuning

6. Member
      Vehicles
      StgII+ FSI (Gone), B5 4motion Passat, B6 A4 1.8T
      02-28-2012 10:56 AM #6
      BSH makes the kit I've been eyeing down. It includes the Snow Performance stage II kit, and a the BSH throttle body pipe, with two nozzle fittings welded / built in. Looks quality.
      .Stage II. Low.

IG @DunnyCT

7. 03-03-2012 09:04 AM #7
      Anyone else?

03-03-2012 11:11 AM #8
      I chose Snow's MAF based kit designed specifically for the FSI/TSI:

http://www.usrallyteam.com/index.php...roducts_id=866

It's ideal for the stock ko3 or ko4 turbos. And doing a dual nozzle setup is the best, one right after the intercooler and one right after the throttle body. USRT also makes a spacer plate that goes right after the TB where you can install the nozzle. This way you get the maximum cooling and maximum octane effect. Just make sure you get the correct sized nozzles, which will vary depending on if you do a single or dual nozzle setup.