Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: NBC Awake

02-18-2012 04:02 PM #1

Caught the preview last night. It's about a detective who gets into a car accident with his wife and son. After the accident, he lives in two worlds. In one his wife dies and his son survives. In the other one, his son dies but his wife survives.

It's supposed to premier March 1st but the first episode in online on hulu and I'm assuming nbc.com. It's also on NBC's on-demand channel on Verizon.

2. 02-20-2012 11:58 PM #2
      Wife and I watched it last night and enjoyed it. Couple of things that really appealed to me about the show.

Highlight to see spoiler.

How he accepted the issue and was ok with it if it meant he could see his wife and son. How his wife knew about it.

03-09-2012 12:04 AM #3
      Interesting twist during the last scene. BTW, that cam shaft looked too long just for a parallel twin.

4. 03-09-2012 12:49 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by mx5er View Post
      Interesting twist during the last scene. BTW, that cam shaft looked too long just for a parallel twin.
      At least they said it was a camshaft and not something else.

I'm really enjoying the show so far, Jason Isaacs is fantastic.
      Bowtie wearing, tattooed, Mustang driver

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      I was more annoyed with the implication of being a Browns fan.

03-10-2012 12:32 AM #5
      Really enjoying the series. But at times I have trouble keeping track of which reality he's in. At times I have to look for the rubber band on his wrist.

Green=son survived, Cherry Jones is the therapist.
      Red=Wife survived, D.B. Wong is the therapist.

6. 03-10-2012 02:17 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by mx5er View Post
      Really enjoying the series. But at times I have trouble keeping track of which reality he's in. At times I have to look for the rubber band on his wrist.

Green=son survived, Cherry Jones is the therapist.
      Red=Wife survived, D.B. Wong is the therapist.
      Pay attention to the color temp of the show. Warm is wife, cold is son. Drives me nuts watching it shift back and forth but I get what they were trying to do.

Vehicles
      1991 GTI 16v, 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata
      03-11-2012 11:08 PM #7
      Finally.. a new show that intrigues me. Reminds me of Journeyman.. thanks for the heads up!

04-06-2012 03:39 PM #8
      I've watched all the episodes. I only watched one on network tv. The show was completely ruined by commercials. The rest were so intense that you want to become emotionally invested in the characters. There hasn't been a show on tv like that in a long time.

The most recent episode has a scene where the detective has to deal with someone that psychologically lives in two worlds. Very interesting study.
      Garmin Is My Pilot.

I am confident you are wrong, but instead of illustrating why, I will just make disparaging remarks about your reading comprehension.
      -Zukjimpiphile

9. 04-06-2012 03:43 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by yel0wsn0 View Post
      Pay attention to the color temp of the show. Warm is wife, cold is son. Drives me nuts watching it shift back and forth but I get what they were trying to do.
      It's definitely annoying, but it really does help you with what's' going on.
      Bowtie wearing, tattooed, Mustang driver

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      I was more annoyed with the implication of being a Browns fan.

04-06-2012 03:55 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by yel0wsn0 View Post
      I just relate it to the relationships portrayed.

What did his captain, sitting on the park bench, mean by "destroying his family"? Or, words to that effect.
      Garmin Is My Pilot.

I am confident you are wrong, but instead of illustrating why, I will just make disparaging remarks about your reading comprehension.
      -Zukjimpiphile

Vehicles
      2010 Mazda6 GT-I4
      04-07-2012 08:36 AM #11
      Actually caught an episode of this for the first time the other night. I like the concept of this show, but don't really care much for the execution. Maybe I'll give it another go.

04-07-2012 08:45 AM #12
      You might try watching the first show.
      Garmin Is My Pilot.

-Zukjimpiphile

Vehicles
      04-08-2012 03:15 AM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by barry2952 View Post
      I just relate it to the relationships portrayed.

What did his captain, sitting on the park bench, mean by "destroying his family"? Or, words to that effect.
      That she and whoever she was talking to orchestrated the accident, I presume.

Just saw the first 3 shows back to back. Love it so far. The wife looks awfully young compare to him.. and the tennis instruction is awefully hot to be that close to a 15 yo boy.

04-08-2012 05:06 AM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by FiveAinOne View Post
      The wife looks awfully young compare to him..
      That's why he's my hero

The latest episode was kinda trippy with the penguin and all. But it looks like the show is a gonner I hope at least the conspiracy is revealed with Britten's captain and her accomplice, the head of the physics department at Cal Tech on The Big Bang Theory

Vehicles
      04-27-2012 12:41 AM #15
      Tonight's twist! Very interesting.. maybe it's his subconscious stopping him from losing of the them by moving?

04-27-2012 04:01 AM #16
      Interesting twist indeed. Seems like his realities are starting to go off kilter.

05-12-2012 01:03 AM #17
      Mother frakker NBC cancelled it

At least it seems like we'll know the details behind the conspiracy.

Vehicles
      05-25-2012 11:19 PM #18
      Ah well, looks like this was an one season plot anyways. But what a great finale!! I felt like I was playing Max Payne/Silent Hill/Alan Wake all in one. Such an video game episode.. fantastico. It was a perfect closure.

05-26-2012 02:34 AM #19
      Don't know the circumstances behind the final episode. Was it written after NBC cancelled it?

Or the final episode was meant to be a season finale. Anyways, I was satisfied with the ending. Honestly, I can't picture this series past a regular 24-ish episode season. But sad to see it go. This and Person of Interest were my favorite series this year. Hope it makes it to blu-ray.

I was browsing some of the comments on hulu and someone noticed that in one reality, all the computers were PC while in the other, all Macs . If that's true, then it's a nice touch

05-26-2012 09:20 AM #20
      I didn't notice that, either. Good catch.

I thing the finale ended with a third dream state. I think his family is dead in both based on the scened where the two captains were sitting on the park bench. She said, "Did you have to kill his whole family?"

For anyone watching this show it should be watched without commercial interruption. We watched one show with commercials and it ruined it.
      Garmin Is My Pilot.

-Zukjimpiphile

05-26-2012 09:32 AM #21
      In a recent interview, the creator said the final scene was a indeed a third state. He also said that the last scene was set in stone when during the time when the series was being pitched to the various network.

So, if the series did get renewed, the last scene would be another/third state. But since it was cancelled the last scene could easily be interpreted as Britten being in a dream state all along with both son and wife alive.

The creator also said that if the series continued, it would be less procedural and Britten would get his groove on with the tennis instructor.

Vehicles
      '15 STi & '13 GTI
      05-31-2012 05:53 PM #22
      Ugh, can't believe NBC cancelled this show. F'ing a-holes.

EDIT: Damn, it's infuriating how original shows like this get cancelled and stupid crap like Survivor and Biggest Loser have been going on for years.
      Last edited by Hostile; 05-31-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Vehicles
      5.7, 5.3 & 5.0
      06-07-2012 09:11 AM #23
      I knew the show was canceled but I finished the season anyway. Glad I did - the last three episodes were the best of the series. I know this won't happen but it would be nice if netflix or hulu picked up the show.
      Quote Originally Posted by admirallaserbeam
      Rotary engines suck, dont get the miata
      2014 Chrysler 300S Hemi AWD | 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 | 2000 Four Winns H180LS

RareSportBikesForSale.com | CarCast | German Cars For Sale Blog

06-07-2012 09:24 AM #24
      There are many other free sources to watch it.
      Garmin Is My Pilot.

-Zukjimpiphile