Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: paddle shift probloems

1. n00b
      Vehicles
      '07 Farenheit GTI
      02-19-2012 11:32 AM #1
      so i have a MKV gti, DSG transmission with paddle shifting on the steering wheel. i bought the car last june from the dealership, about 2-3 months into me driving it i started to notice i would be using the paddles on the steering wheel to shift ( specificly shifting from 2nd to 3rd ) and i would have to click it 2-3 times sometimes even 4-5!!! it would happen all the time but mainly when i would be corning at higher RPMs. I brough it to the dealerhsip and they assured me i needed a transmission flush because there was "debris" stuck in the filter so i paid for a flush about a month ago. Now the car is in the shop getting body work and the mechanics there said they noticed some transmission probloems also, they said they noticed jerking when shifting out of gears, so i know im not just imagining things, ive read up some what on this issue and seen people had issues with their metchronic unit... would this be causing these probloems?

2. 02-22-2012 09:21 PM #2
      Are all the other buttons on the steering wheel working? It sounds like a combo of problems. Maybe the clock spring in the wheel has a short in it when turning it becomes disconnected.

03-22-2012 04:23 AM #3
      How does it perform when you use the stick to change gears manually?

Bazzle