Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Who Hunts?

Vehicles
      2010 Golf TDI, 2010 4Runner SR5
      02-19-2012 09:40 PM #1
      What do you hunt? And how much do you typically pay to hunt?

I bought my rifle for no particular purpose which is why I chose a .308, I figured it could take any game I would encounter, but is relatively affordable for target shooting.

That said, I'm living in central Texas, so there is plenty of land to be hunted on around here. Well, tonight I began looking into the costs for hunting various places, and GOT DAMN...

Hunting on any reasonably well-known ranch seemingly costs a minimum of $2000 for a day or two. And if you are fortunate enough to land a trophy buck you're looking (at some places) at upwards of $10K.

I understand paying to shoot guns and harvest game from someone's land, but good lord.

Am I just looking at the wrong places? I am completely ignorant to hunting culture and all that goes with it (other than plastering Browning stickers all over your truck).

If you hunt, please learn me somethin'

Vehicles
      '07 Jeep
      02-20-2012 07:54 PM #2
      Hogs and coyotes on family land in east texas. No money unless I bring some hogs to butcher.

I never had to look into game farm or pay to hunt land, but that's some crazy money for a deer.

I'm loading up the truck and hounds and heading down wed to hunt hogs for a few days. My mom calls me up when the hogs get to closest pond, I go down and shoot half a dozen and head home. Clean guns, eat pork and wait for the next call.

You need to find some friends with land to hunt, public land even.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk