Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Amazing Race 20

Vehicles
      09 Rabbit S 5MT
      04-30-2012 07:34 PM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by GT Eye View Post
      I read on one of the comments of the recaps that Phil tweeted that the exchange between Rachel and Vanessa lasted a whole 40 minutes on the matt

Time enough to drag in a vat of mud and let them go at it.
      :gift:

2. 05-01-2012 11:34 AM #72
      Finale should include nude jello rasslin, lol That was hilarious! Women are horrible!

3. Member
      05-01-2012 11:13 PM #73
      I'd find it hard to believe if Rachel and Vanessa went on for 40 minutes. For one, you could tell both the guys, Dave and Ralph, wanted to take the high road and just let it go. Also, if it were 40 minutes long, wouldn't Art & J.J. have arrived by then?

I'm not certain but I seem to think Mark & Bopper were about 5 hours behind in this leg so even with the fast forward, they were quite some ways behind Art & J.J. even though editing made it appear that they still stood a chance.
      2003 Acura MDX
      2006 BMW X3

Vehicles
      09 Rabbit S 5MT
      05-07-2012 12:59 AM #74
      Man. F'ing sled cost border patrol $1M.

At least Big Brother lost.
      :gift:

Vehicles
      1986 Cabriolet Best Seller; 2000 Jetta VR6; 1990 Vanagon Westfalia
      05-07-2012 03:09 AM #75
      Since I have no DVR , I had to flip back and forth between TAR and Sherlock, so I missed some of the last hour of TAR. Given what the last challenge was, I'm glad I did... another lackluster finish, but at least a deserving team won.

Quote Originally Posted by Lwize View Post
      At least Big Brother lost.
      I was a bit peeved when I saw them beat Vanessa and Ralph to the mat. That's one crybaby I hope I never see on TV again. And to Vanessa for completing the Chicken Challenge (Japanese game shows... ).
      Cabby-Info.com -- Your online guide to the VW Cabriolets
      Old Blue's Blog -- The adventures of a 1990 Westfalia
      "Fashion is a waste of money that could be better spent on, say, maintaining your car." ~James May

6. 05-07-2012 09:18 AM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by kamzcab86 View Post
      And to Vanessa for completing the Chicken Challenge (Japanese game shows... ).
      That was pure heart right there - her ankle was definitely not in good shape

Army couple ran a helluva race
      Let's Go Jets/Mets/Nets

7. Member
      05-07-2012 10:35 PM #77
      I concur that it was a somewhat lacklustre finish. I was hoping to see the typical "ultimate final challenge" which would require some actual skill, not just a sled and a ball toss. That said, it was definitely a heartbreaker to see Art & JJ lose it on a silly sled.

Army dude Dave keeps coming off as real arrogant and unappreciative of Rachel, who I might add, was the real ringer of the team. I was rooting for Art & JJ big time just because!
      2003 Acura MDX
      2006 BMW X3

Vehicles
      2007 Audi A3, 2000 New Beetle 1.8t
      05-08-2012 10:02 AM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by woofster View Post
      Army dude Dave keeps coming off as real arrogant and unappreciative of Rachel, who I might add, was the real ringer of the team. I was rooting for Art & JJ big time just because!
      Yeah, I thought Dave was a bit of a douche. But to be honest, I think the best couple won. I couldn't stand the border patrol guys. The taller one, at least, was an idiot. He kept putting himself in the middle of all the drama, kept dishing on Big Brother, kept making fun of everyone, yet, kept saying he was above all the drama, and didn't want any of it in the race. He came off as a petty little bitch. And last week, all he did was complain about how stupid all the teams were for not going for the Fast Forward, when all he had to do was grab his partner and go do it himself.

I couldn't stand him. Out of the last four teams, he was actually the biggest crying bitch of them all.
      Cyber Green. It's not a color. It's a way of life.

'00 GLX Cyber Green / Cream, 5sp.

'12 Mini Countryman S All4 6sp.

9. 05-08-2012 10:50 AM #79
      I concur that it was a somewhat lacklustre finish. I was hoping to see the typical "ultimate final challenge" which would require some actual skill, not just a sled and a ball toss. That said, it was definitely a heartbreaker to see Art & JJ lose it on a silly sled.
      IMHO, every single finale in TAG history has always been lackluster, and somewhat anticlimactic. I always get a feeling of, "that's it? hmm"
      Let's Go Jets/Mets/Nets

10. 05-08-2012 10:59 AM #80
      I hated all of the final teams.

05-08-2012 06:00 PM #81
      That said, it was definitely a heartbreaker to see Art & JJ lose it on a silly sled.

Heartbreaking? You mean glorious. Art & JJ (especially JJ) had so much undeserved confidence, combined with constant whining about the play of other teams that I was more than happy to see them lose, especially in the way they did. They were far more arrogant than Dave ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by pdoel View Post
      And last week, all he did was complain about how stupid all the teams were for not going for the Fast Forward, when all he had to do was grab his partner and go do it himself.

I couldn't stand him. Out of the last four teams, he was actually the biggest crying bitch of them all.
      I agree. His whining about Dave and Rachel not u-turning Big Brother was the worst of it all. They couldn't take the fast forward though, as they had already claimed one earlier in the race.
      Fires are the leading cause of fires.

12. Member
      05-09-2012 11:50 PM #82
      Oh no doubt, I was initially rooting for Nary & Jamie until I realized they weren't that great of a team. Then I took a liking to Bopper & Mark all the way through. I didn't really like any of the final 3 teams but, despite the deserved criticism of Art & JJ's attitude, I still liked them more than Dave & Rachel, simply because Dave seemed so high-and-mighty, arrogant, know-it-all and not once did he ever show any appreciation within the race towards Rachel pulling out all the stops and keeping them in the game. He also came across as a sore loser, especially when things didn't go their way, insinuating blame towards Rachel.
      2003 Acura MDX
      2006 BMW X3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123