Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Great Aloha Crawl

1. 02-20-2012 01:48 AM #1
      Anybody doing the Great Aloha Run tomorrow? I'll br walking it until I'm reduced to crawling. I will finish it. Anybody else? I'll be hanging with the Castle Surgical Weight Loss guys over by Aloha Twr.

Vehicles
      99 Beetle, 09 GLi
      02-20-2012 02:12 AM #2
      Ilk be there doing the Sounds of Freedom cadence run with 60+ other people from my command... I actually put it all together for them and even designed the shirts that we'll all be running in.. if you see a group running with blue shirts that say "IMUA" on the back, that's us...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

3. 02-20-2012 07:51 AM #3
      Way to represent and thank you for your service. Probably wont see you unless you guys are doing the loop. We'll be bringing up the rear as Castles Hospital Surgical Weight Loss Patients. Some of us are pro op some are post op so it will be very challenging for some in out group.

Vehicles
      99 Beetle, 09 GLi
      02-20-2012 09:07 AM #4
      All that matters is that you signed up and are making an effort..

Vehicles
      02 Z06, 13 GTI
      02-20-2012 05:31 PM #5
      Ran 8.8 miles total, from where my battalion was formed to the entrance of the stadium. I saw you guys with the IMUA tshirt go past our formation.

Vehicles
      99 Beetle, 09 GLi
      02-20-2012 06:46 PM #6
      Cool... yeah we had 54 start and 33 finish with the formation. Then 6 of is ran back to the base for another 2.4 miles..

7. 02-21-2012 01:28 PM #7
      I never did get to meet up with our support group. I hope all that entered finished or at least gave it their very best. Some of the pre-ops are quite large as well as some of the recent post ops. Hell, even after dropping 130 pounds I still need to drop another 30. So, for many of us this was a big hurdle to overcome. Myself, I knocked 90 minutes off the time from the 1st and only other time I did it. Next year, God willing my ankle will allow me to jog it. Congrats to all those who entered and gave it their all yesterday.