Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    View Poll Results: Interested?

    Voters
    31. You may not vote on this poll
    • Yes

      27 87.10%
    • No

      4 12.90%
    Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Results 281 to 315 of 512

    Thread: Another LED taillight group buy from BKS?

    1. Member ceese's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2nd, 2011
      Location
      Seattle
      Posts
      2,199
      Vehicles
      Audi A3 3.2 quattro sLine 2008, Lava Gray
      05-01-2012 04:10 PM #281
      Quote Originally Posted by Dr Chill View Post
      The first package of 5 sets has shipped. The other will ship out this week. Tracking number is 316195301526

      http://www.dhl.de/en.html
      Tue, 17.04.12 07:40 h -- The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically
      Fri, 20.04.12 12:29 h DE The shipment has been picked up
      Fri, 20.04.12 18:13 h Kitzingen, DE The international shipment has been processed in the parcel center of origin
      Sat, 21.04.12 01:05 h Saulheim, DE The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center
      Tue, 01.05.12 08:09 h IPZ-Ffm, DE The shipment will be transported to the destination country and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization.

      Damn DHL what's the hold up? I want my lights
      __________________________________________________ _______________
      Anyone who looks at the Audi A3 3.2 DSG and sees an overpriced economy car should not be allowed to play with Rottweiler puppies.
      Robert Farago, The Truth About Cars

    2. Junior Member xX WICKED PISSA A TREE Xx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 17th, 2011
      Location
      Boston
      Posts
      29
      Vehicles
      2008 A3 2.0T DSG
      05-01-2012 05:37 PM #282
      All,

      Never used a VAG-COM before but lucky for me I have a good buddy that just bought one for his GTI. Could someone point me in the direction (or post here) what needs to be reprogrammed for the taillight swap? (and at the risk of being greedy) where I can find the windows/sunroof convenience code (for a 2008) to open them with the key fob ?

      Thx in advance,

      WPA3

    3. Member cldub's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2nd, 2010
      Location
      Stafford VA
      Posts
      2,308
      Vehicles
      2006 Audi A3 2.0T (sold)
      05-01-2012 09:39 PM #283
      Quote Originally Posted by ceese View Post
      Tue, 17.04.12 07:40 h -- The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically
      Fri, 20.04.12 12:29 h DE The shipment has been picked up
      Fri, 20.04.12 18:13 h Kitzingen, DE The international shipment has been processed in the parcel center of origin
      Sat, 21.04.12 01:05 h Saulheim, DE The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center
      Tue, 01.05.12 08:09 h IPZ-Ffm, DE The shipment will be transported to the destination country and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization.

      Damn DHL what's the hold up? I want my lights
      Srsly!

    4. Member Dr Chill's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 24th, 2011
      Location
      Palm Beach Gardens, FL
      Posts
      391
      Vehicles
      2008 A3 2.0T DSG
      05-01-2012 11:16 PM #284
      Quote Originally Posted by xX WICKED PISSA A TREE Xx View Post
      All,

      Never used a VAG-COM before but lucky for me I have a good buddy that just bought one for his GTI. Could someone point me in the direction (or post here) what needs to be reprogrammed for the taillight swap? (and at the risk of being greedy) where I can find the windows/sunroof convenience code (for a 2008) to open them with the key fob ?

      Thx in advance,

      WPA3
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4074059

      http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...(1K/5M)_Tweaks
      2012 S4 DSG
      2014 S6
      2012 MB C63 Coupe

    5. Member Dr Chill's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 24th, 2011
      Location
      Palm Beach Gardens, FL
      Posts
      391
      Vehicles
      2008 A3 2.0T DSG
      05-01-2012 11:23 PM #285
      Quote Originally Posted by Dr Chill View Post
      If I were to get them for you, the price will be much higher with shipping back to germany. I think the seller would have to charge you the VAT if he ships them to you directly. I will email him and see if he can give you a better price than 249 euro. That's the best I can do.
      I take that back. Shipping won't be too bad because it's to a US base in Germany I take it. I'm not sure if customs requires you to pay VAT though. Will they?
      2012 S4 DSG
      2014 S6
      2012 MB C63 Coupe

    6. 05-02-2012 12:18 AM #286
      Nope, no VAT or any other duties are required since the base is considered US land. USPS Priority is the best shipping method (cheapest and fastest) you'll pay shipping to NJ.

      So I'm still number 3 right? Anyone interested in being 4 and/or 5 yet?
      Last edited by P0299; 05-02-2012 at 12:22 AM.

    7. Member Dr Chill's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 24th, 2011
      Location
      Palm Beach Gardens, FL
      Posts
      391
      Vehicles
      2008 A3 2.0T DSG
      05-02-2012 12:45 AM #287
      Next GB (Need 5 to place order)

      1. sleepy3

      2. St_wgn

      3. P0299
      2012 S4 DSG
      2014 S6
      2012 MB C63 Coupe

    8. Member ceese's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2nd, 2011
      Location
      Seattle
      Posts
      2,199
      Vehicles
      Audi A3 3.2 quattro sLine 2008, Lava Gray
      05-02-2012 01:17 AM #288
      Dr. Chill what about a flat bottomed steering wheel group buy?
      __________________________________________________ _______________
      Anyone who looks at the Audi A3 3.2 DSG and sees an overpriced economy car should not be allowed to play with Rottweiler puppies.
      Robert Farago, The Truth About Cars

    9. Member Dr Chill's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 24th, 2011
      Location
      Palm Beach Gardens, FL
      Posts
      391
      Vehicles
      2008 A3 2.0T DSG
      05-02-2012 10:44 AM #289
      Tracking number for second set is 316195301532.

      Bad news, they raised the price by 20 Euro for any further orders stating that their cost went up. I sent a counter offer meeting halfway. As soon as I hear, I will post.
      Last edited by Dr Chill; 05-04-2012 at 10:23 AM.
      2012 S4 DSG
      2014 S6
      2012 MB C63 Coupe

    10. 05-03-2012 02:40 AM #290
      She has an upgraded lens, not sure of the size though,

    11. 05-03-2012 02:41 AM #291
      Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonLandingham View Post
      She has an upgraded lens, not sure of the size though,




      --------------------------
      led strip
      Flexible LED Strip Lights
      Outdoor LED Lighting

    12. Member Dr Chill's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 24th, 2011
      Location
      Palm Beach Gardens, FL
      Posts
      391
      Vehicles
      2008 A3 2.0T DSG
      05-03-2012 03:54 PM #292
      Quote Originally Posted by ceese View Post
      Dr. Chill what about a flat bottomed steering wheel group buy?
      Not available from supplier.

    13. Member Dr Chill's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 24th, 2011
      Location
      Palm Beach Gardens, FL
      Posts
      391
      Vehicles
      2008 A3 2.0T DSG
      05-03-2012 04:02 PM #293
      UPDATE. Both packages arrived on US soil yesteday am. They will show up at any time.

    14. Member Dr Chill's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 24th, 2011
      Location
      Palm Beach Gardens, FL
      Posts
      391
      Vehicles
      2008 A3 2.0T DSG
      05-03-2012 04:03 PM #294
      Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonLandingham View Post
      She has an upgraded lens, not sure of the size though,
      2012 S4 DSG
      2014 S6
      2012 MB C63 Coupe

    15. n00b
      Join Date
      May 4th, 2012
      Posts
      9
      Vehicles
      2006 A3 2.0T
      05-04-2012 02:52 AM #295
      Can I get in on this Group Buy? How much shipped to 07305? How does the dongle work? I don't have access to a VAG. Unless there is someone in Central / Northern NJ that is willing to help me out?

    16. Member cldub's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2nd, 2010
      Location
      Stafford VA
      Posts
      2,308
      Vehicles
      2006 Audi A3 2.0T (sold)
      05-04-2012 09:01 AM #296
      Quote Originally Posted by Dr Chill View Post
      UPDATE. Both packages arrived on US soil yesteday am. They will show up at any time.
      You have 2 weeks to get it to my house!

    17. Member Dr Chill's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 24th, 2011
      Location
      Palm Beach Gardens, FL
      Posts
      391
      Vehicles
      2008 A3 2.0T DSG
      05-04-2012 10:18 AM #297
      Quote Originally Posted by cldub View Post
      You have 2 weeks to get it to my house!
      Should be likely.
      2012 S4 DSG
      2014 S6
      2012 MB C63 Coupe

    18. Member Dr Chill's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 24th, 2011
      Location
      Palm Beach Gardens, FL
      Posts
      391
      Vehicles
      2008 A3 2.0T DSG
      05-04-2012 10:21 AM #298
      Quote Originally Posted by mondomon916 View Post
      Can I get in on this Group Buy? How much shipped to 07305? How does the dongle work? I don't have access to a VAG. Unless there is someone in Central / Northern NJ that is willing to help me out?
      The dongle automatically codes for the lights when you plug it in and turn on the motor. It can be purchased from Kufatec for around $50, but a local tuning shop with VAG-COM would probably be less. I borrowed a cable from a local A3'er and it was simple if you follow the directions.

      As far as price, I am waiting to hear back on my counter-offer after they raised the price by 20 Euro. I will post when I get their quote.
      2012 S4 DSG
      2014 S6
      2012 MB C63 Coupe

    19. n00b St_wgn's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 20th, 2012
      Location
      Houston, TX
      Posts
      9
      Vehicles
      06 A3
      05-04-2012 10:37 AM #299
      Quote Originally Posted by Dr Chill View Post
      The dongle automatically codes for the lights when you plug it in and turn on the motor. It can be purchased from Kufatec for around $50, but a local tuning shop with VAG-COM would probably be less. I borrowed a cable from a local A3'er and it was simple if you follow the directions.

      As far as price, I am waiting to hear back on my counter-offer after they raised the price by 20 Euro. I will post when I get their quote.
      Thanks for fighting for us Dr Chill!

    20. n00b
      Join Date
      May 4th, 2012
      Posts
      9
      Vehicles
      2006 A3 2.0T
      05-04-2012 11:25 AM #300
      Dr. Chill you are awesome. Thanks for setting this up. I missed out on the last GB, so I hope we can get enough people for this.

    21. Member cldub's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2nd, 2010
      Location
      Stafford VA
      Posts
      2,308
      Vehicles
      2006 Audi A3 2.0T (sold)
      05-04-2012 02:29 PM #301
      Quote Originally Posted by Dr Chill View Post
      Should be likely.
      Hopefully get them up and running by SoWo

    22. Member
      Join Date
      May 3rd, 2012
      Location
      NYC
      Posts
      164
      Vehicles
      2008 A3 3.2L
      05-07-2012 08:25 PM #302
      Dr Chill,

      Any update so far on the pricing?

      Thanks

    23. Member Dr Chill's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 24th, 2011
      Location
      Palm Beach Gardens, FL
      Posts
      391
      Vehicles
      2008 A3 2.0T DSG
      05-08-2012 12:01 AM #303
      No word from supplier yet. Also, no big boxes at my doorstep. The wait is getting old.
      2012 S4 DSG
      2014 S6
      2012 MB C63 Coupe

    24. 05-08-2012 08:26 AM #304
      Quote Originally Posted by Dr Chill View Post
      No word from supplier yet. Also, no big boxes at my doorstep. The wait is getting old.
      Haha yeah, DHL must be shipping pony express once it gets on land.

    25. Member Dr Chill's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 24th, 2011
      Location
      Palm Beach Gardens, FL
      Posts
      391
      Vehicles
      2008 A3 2.0T DSG
      05-08-2012 08:34 AM #305
      Just got email from supplier saying the best they could do is 20 Euro higher than before. Therefore the new prices will be $375 in Conus and $400 in Canada. $385 in US territories.

      This will be my final purchase of 5 sets if there is still interest in proceeding with the purchase.
      2012 S4 DSG
      2014 S6
      2012 MB C63 Coupe

    26. n00b St_wgn's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 20th, 2012
      Location
      Houston, TX
      Posts
      9
      Vehicles
      06 A3
      05-08-2012 09:01 AM #306
      I'm still in

      Thanks Doc

    27. Member Dr Chill's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 24th, 2011
      Location
      Palm Beach Gardens, FL
      Posts
      391
      Vehicles
      2008 A3 2.0T DSG
      05-08-2012 09:18 AM #307
      To offset the price increase, if buyer is in US, subtract $15 from cost ($360) if you pay using a check, wire transfer or personal paypal payment using bank transfer rather than cc, since then no paypal fees are incurred.

      If outside of US, the same $15 discount applies if paid by wire transfer or check. Paypal always charges fees outside US regardless of payment type.

      If you want to participate, tell me ASAP so I can give payment info and place the order.
      Last edited by Dr Chill; 05-08-2012 at 09:28 AM.
      2012 S4 DSG
      2014 S6
      2012 MB C63 Coupe

    28. Member Dr Chill's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 24th, 2011
      Location
      Palm Beach Gardens, FL
      Posts
      391
      Vehicles
      2008 A3 2.0T DSG
      05-08-2012 09:20 PM #308
      Next GB (Need 5 to place order)

      1. sleepy3

      2. St_wgn PAID

      3. P0299

      4. amanojyaku PAID

      5. mondomon916 PAID
      Last edited by Dr Chill; 05-09-2012 at 12:08 AM.
      2012 S4 DSG
      2014 S6
      2012 MB C63 Coupe

    29. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 27th, 2010
      Location
      boston
      Posts
      364
      Vehicles
      Golf r
      05-08-2012 10:56 PM #309
      Im looking to buy a set, whats the deal?

    30. Member Dr Chill's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 24th, 2011
      Location
      Palm Beach Gardens, FL
      Posts
      391
      Vehicles
      2008 A3 2.0T DSG
      05-08-2012 11:12 PM #310
      Quote Originally Posted by obdboost View Post
      Im looking to buy a set, whats the deal?
      You can get in if one of the five above backs out. Unfortunately I have no plans to do any more orders after this group of five. That may change if there is more interest in the future.
      2012 S4 DSG
      2014 S6
      2012 MB C63 Coupe

    31. n00b St_wgn's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 20th, 2012
      Location
      Houston, TX
      Posts
      9
      Vehicles
      06 A3
      05-09-2012 12:03 AM #311
      Paid

      Let's do this!

    32. Junior Member xX WICKED PISSA A TREE Xx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 17th, 2011
      Location
      Boston
      Posts
      29
      Vehicles
      2008 A3 2.0T DSG
      05-09-2012 03:47 PM #312
      Just checking in.

      Gots a VAG COM all lined up !!!

      Thx,

    33. Member
      Join Date
      May 3rd, 2012
      Location
      NYC
      Posts
      164
      Vehicles
      2008 A3 3.2L
      05-09-2012 03:48 PM #313
      Dr. Chill,

      I'm not trying to be mean but I think whoever paids first should be on the list because it would hold up the rest of gb.

    34. Member Dr Chill's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 24th, 2011
      Location
      Palm Beach Gardens, FL
      Posts
      391
      Vehicles
      2008 A3 2.0T DSG
      05-10-2012 09:43 AM #314
      Quote Originally Posted by amanojyaku View Post
      Dr. Chill,

      I'm not trying to be mean but I think whoever paids first should be on the list because it would hold up the rest of gb.
      No need to worry. I placed the order today. All 5 in the list will get one, you included.

      1. sleepy3 Payment pending

      2. St_wgn PAID

      3. P0299 (May be backing out, stay tuned)

      4. amanojyaku PAID

      5. mondomon916 PAID
      Last edited by Dr Chill; 05-10-2012 at 09:51 AM.
      2012 S4 DSG
      2014 S6
      2012 MB C63 Coupe

    35. n00b St_wgn's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 20th, 2012
      Location
      Houston, TX
      Posts
      9
      Vehicles
      06 A3
      05-10-2012 10:45 AM #315
      Sweet! I can't wait

    Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •