Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keto: pops

1. Member
      02-20-2012 07:03 PM #1
      Sounds like it should be a new low-carb breakfast cereal...

Anyways, over the last 5 years, I've been getting regular blood tests. For the most part, everything has been stable except for my resting glucose. Six months ago, it was 103 (between 100 and 130 is considered pre-diabetic), and my most recent test came back at 107. Over the last year, I've probably put on 20lbs (on 1/15/12 I was 211lbs.) All my lifts have been going up gradually so I was willing to overlook the weight gain until I saw my resting glucose numbers.

So, just after X-mas I start doing a ****-ton of research and come to the conclusion that I have some intolerance for carbs. First, my weight really started to ramp higher 9 months ago when I stopped eating bacon, sausage, ham, and eggs for breakfast every morning (for health reasons), and started eating subway sandwiches. Keeping my calories constant, I gained 15 lbs in 9 months (go ahead and reread that if you need to....I've kept track of everything I've eaten as well as macros for a year now). Next, high carbs give me a headache soon after eating. I don't have a sweet tooth, I don't eat desserts for this very reason.

I came across some literature advocating Keto diets for the reversal of prediabetes (as well as full-fledged die-beetus), as well as weight loss, and general health. From wiki: The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, adequate-protein, low-carbohydrate diet...The diet mimics aspects of starvation by forcing the body to burn fats rather than carbohydrates. Normally, the carbohydrates contained in food are converted into glucose, which is then transported around the body and is particularly important in fuelling brain function. However, if there is very little carbohydrate in the diet, the liver converts fat into fatty acids and ketone bodies. The ketone bodies pass into the brain and replace glucose as an energy source. An elevated level of ketone bodies in the blood [is] a state known as ketosis.

On Jan 15, I changed my macros to %20 protein, %78 fat, and have eaten less than 30 net carbs a day (net carbs are carbs minus insoluble fiber). The first week was tough, I did feel a bit groggy but I found upping my salt intake to 5grams a day helped immensely (low carb diets act as a naturietic causing the body to excrete sodium and water accounting for much of the typical weight loss over the first 2 weeks). A typical breakfast is greek yogurt, ham, and some vegetables. Lunch is salmon, cream cheese, asparagus, and a greek salad, and dinner is just downright awesome. Last night was 2 strips (med rare, salt pepper), with fennel and zucchini. Basically you can eat all the green vegetables you want (or all the green vegetables your intestines can take).

At the beginning of this all, I had a DEXA scan and it bame back at %22 body fat *puke smiley* In another 2 months I'll have another one, and post it up here to compare how the keto diet has worked for me as well as my blood labs. Keep in mind, if I didn't make clear already, I'm keeping my calories the same, only the macros have changed. Activity level won't be identical because there's more opportunity to be outside in March than in December, but my gym workouts will have stayed the same but for the usual progression.

I'll post interesting articles I come across, foods I eat, and try and answer any questions y'all may have as best I can.

Cheers.

2. 02-20-2012 07:22 PM #2
      I've been on the high fat/ low carb diet for about 9 months and have lost 30 lbs. Would have been more but I can't excercise due to a condition that needs to be corrected with surgery. It's been pretty easy to keep the carbs to 50g or less since I don't have much of a sweet tooth and I'm a big meat eater. High fat will also boost your immune system and testosterone

3. 02-21-2012 01:32 PM #3
      a few questions if I may, I get the whole premise of mobilizing fat in the body to used as energy

From what I understand about this process (and it's meager at best) carbohydrates are used as fuel as soon as your body digests them, raising insulin levels within the blood, and then when your body uses what fuel it needs from what's available, It immediately stores those carbs as fat?

What i don't get is where do fats go after digestion and how are they used. I guess I haven't done to much research but from what I know, after digestion fats are turned into fatty acids and glycerol (which can be used as sugar fuel) but won't these fatty acids just be stored as fat. Or is it that you're tricking your body into turning these left over fatty acids into sugar fuel themselves?

and another thing what's the science behind the fact that you can eat as many green vegetables as you want. aren't vegetables mostly sugar and fiber? The fiber part I get since your body can't "technically" digest it won't this sugar still get stored as fat if your body meets it's needs?

I know this type of diet works, my dad used the adkins diet years ago, which I know is a bit more extreme

Just an inquiring mind, thanks guys

cliff notes - where all the fat go

4. Member
      02-21-2012 01:45 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by vwcool View Post

5. 02-21-2012 03:45 PM #5
      a few questions if I may, I get the whole premise of mobilizing fat in the body to used as energy

From what I understand about this process (and it's meager at best) carbohydrates are used as fuel as soon as your body digests them, raising insulin levels within the blood, and then when your body uses what fuel it needs from what's available, It immediately stores those carbs as fat?

What i don't get is where do fats go after digestion and how are they used. I guess I haven't done to much research but from what I know, after digestion fats are turned into fatty acids and glycerol (which can be used as sugar fuel) but won't these fatty acids just be stored as fat. Or is it that you're tricking your body into turning these left over fatty acids into sugar fuel themselves?

and another thing what's the science behind the fact that you can eat as many green vegetables as you want. aren't vegetables mostly sugar and fiber? The fiber part I get since your body can't "technically" digest it won't this sugar still get stored as fat if your body meets it's needs?

I know this type of diet works, my dad used the adkins diet years ago, which I know is a bit more extreme

Like other nutrients they are used for energy and essential functions in the body. Excess fat can be stored as body fat, but the digestion of fat is slower because fats aren't "water soluble."

In general your body uses fats more efficiently than carbs. Proteins and fats do have an effect on blood sugar, but not as much as carbs/sugar.

6. Member
      02-22-2012 11:27 AM #6

Circulating fatty acids can be stored as fat, they can not be converted into glucose. Fat metabolism ends with the production of water and CO2.

and another thing what's the science behind the fact that you can eat as many green vegetablesas you want. aren't vegetables mostly sugar and fiber? The fiber part I get since your body can't "technically" digest it won't this sugar still get stored as fat if your body meets it's needs?

Green vegetables have a lot of fiber and relatively little sugar. For example, 1 cup of broccoli has 4 grams of carbs (2 of those are simple sugars) and 2 grams of fiber. So, to hit your limit of 30 grams of carbs a day, you could have nearly 8 cups of broccoli. So, assuming normal eating habits, you have tons of headroom to hit your 30 daily carbs eating green vegetables. Kale, cauliflower, spinach, etc are all similar. Could you exceed 30 grams a day eating green vegetables, sure, although in my experience, the bloating and intestinal discomfort makes it self-limiting.

7. Member
      02-22-2012 12:23 PM #7
      My impressions thus far:

Overall, this has been a very easy diet for me to follow. I always ate a lot of meat and vegetables and never really cared for plates of pasta and breads. I've lost some weight, which is nice, but there have been two other changes that have been more striking. First, food comas are gone, completely. There's no more wanting to nap at 2:30 and being tired into the evening. Also, my hunger is muted but my appetite isn't. What I mean by that is, when I get hungry, it seems very manageable. It used to be that I would have what are called "intrusive thoughts of food" which means that when I would get hungry, that hunger became all-consuming. I couldn't even concentrate well until I ate and I would get very irriatable. I don't feel that way anymore. When I do eat, I can eat as much as I was before.

I really like what I'm seeing in the weightroom. Typical progression-type workouts have been challenging for me because on a day-to-day basis, my strength has been all over the map. One day I'll pull 405 x 7 and the next week I can barely get 385 off the ground. Since eating keto, I feel strong going into the gym every day and I can reasonably expect to be as strong or stronger than I was the prior week.

To wit, pulled a new PR yesterday, 445.

8. Member
      02-27-2012 09:03 AM #8
      Example of weekend diet for me:

Breakfast:

4 extra large egg omelette with mushrooms, peppers, onion
      4 strips thick cut bacon

Lunch

8 oz baked ham topped with sauerkraut and swiss cheese
      1 avocado
      plateful of salad

Dinner

8 oz Strip
      2 poached eggs served over
      half pound of garlic spinach
      salad with olives, feta cheese, pumpkin seeds, avocado, etc

Snack

4 oz sardines on top of
      rice crackers, topped with
      giardinera
      Half a red pepper stuffed with 4 tbsp whipped cream cheese

Macros: 2594 calories, 185g of protein, 182 grams of fat, 52 grams of carbs mostly in the form of insoluble fiber.
      Last edited by pops; 02-27-2012 at 09:36 AM.

9. Member
      02-27-2012 09:08 AM #9
      minus those disgusting sardines, that seems like a very easy diet to follow

10. Member
      02-28-2012 10:50 AM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by Papa Dras View Post
      minus those disgusting sardines, that seems like a very easy diet to follow
      Sardines are definitely optional, but I love them.

11. Member
      Vehicles
      V70R, CRV
      03-29-2012 06:56 PM #11
      Any update?
      I actually started a Keto diet just a couple of days after you made this thread

12. Member
      03-29-2012 09:28 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by bubbagti View Post
      Any update?
      I actually started a Keto diet just a couple of days after you made this thread
      I've got another couple weeks to go. I'm down to 191 from 209 and have had no hunger issues at all. I just got done with a grueling month at work, so I haven't been to the gym but once a week for the last month.

On April 15, I'll get blood tests and my second DEXA so we'll see how I did.

How is your experience with the diet so far?

13. Member
      Vehicles
      V70R, CRV
      04-03-2012 01:50 AM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by pops View Post
      How is your experience with the diet so far?
      It's been fairly easy for me to stay with it. I have been doing 6 days straight with 3 meals on the 7th as a carb load period. My weight loss has been just average. I'm down to 219 from 233. I think I need to spend longer in Keto to get more weight loss benefit. I'm going to start to do ~10 days on with 1 day as a carb day.

I have noticed that some of my cravings have been very intense the past few weeks. On my carb day I have been going to town on Doughnuts I don't know why, but I have been very strict on my food intake for the past 6 weeks so I justify these cheat meals. I do absolutely no cheating on my keto days, which has always been a mental battle with me

I'm hoping to loose another 10lbs within the next 3 weeks. I'm running the Ragnar relay with some friends and I would like to be as light as possible for the event.

14. Member
      04-03-2012 08:40 AM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by bubbagti View Post
      It's been fairly easy for me to stay with it. I have been doing 6 days straight with 3 meals on the 7th as a carb load period. My weight loss has been just average. I'm down to 219 from 233. I think I need to spend longer in Keto to get more weight loss benefit. I'm going to start to do ~10 days on with 1 day as a carb day.
      I think the weight loss aspect of the diet is amazing. I was 211 when I started and now weight 190 by only cutting 200 cals a day and eating low carb. I have no cheat days, but I did go over 50 carbs on 5 occassions over the last 60 days.

I have had some cravings lately, but found a great product:

These are awesome. Something like 12 grams of fat, 6 grams of protein, and 3 grams of net carbs. If you have a sweet craving, you've got to get your hands on some of these.

In 2 weeks, I go for my next DEXA scan and blood work so I'll report it here.

15. Member
      Vehicles
      V70R, CRV
      04-03-2012 11:57 AM #15

These are awesome. Something like 12 grams of fat, 6 grams of protein, and 3 grams of net carbs. If you have a sweet craving, you've got to get your hands on some of these.

Thanks for the tip, I'll pick some up this week

16. Member
      04-05-2012 06:29 PM #16
      OK, so I'm updating my thread. After 11 weeks of eating low carb (30 net carbs or less per day) and therfore high fat, especially animal fat, here are my labs:

11/11

Total Chol 173
      Trig 37
      HDL 90
      VLDL 7
      LCL - calc 76
      Serum Glucose (fasting) 107
      Weight 211

4/12

Total Chol 174
      Trig 34
      HDL 107
      VLDL 7
      LDL - calc 60
      Weight 188

So, my impressions overall: Easy, very filling diet to follow, I'll definitely continue to avoid sugar and refined carbs while looking to bring sweet potatoes and starchy vegetables into my diet in moderation. No hunger pains, very little cravings, my already excellent HDL went even higher and my LDL went down while eating a diet of approximately %75 fat, mostly from animal sources.

I am surprised my serum glucose didn't drop, I'm faxing my labs to my doc to see what he says. I don't think this type of eating is for everyone. If I were still 21, running around, staying active, I could eat - and did eat - anything I wanted to. However, I think sitting in an office chair 10 hours a day for the last 6 years affected my ability to tolerate carbs. I think that I'm comfortable dismissing the lipid hypothesis for myself.

DEXA scan to follow in a couple weeks.

17. 04-06-2012 12:28 AM #17
      OK, so I'm updating my thread. After 11 weeks of eating low carb (30 net carbs or less per day) and therfore high fat, especially animal fat, here are my labs:

11/11

Total Chol 173
      Trig 37
      HDL 90
      VLDL 7
      LCL - calc 76
      Weight 211

4/12

Total Chol 174
      Trig 34
      HDL 107
      VLDL 7
      LDL - calc 60
      Weight 188

So, my impressions overall: Easy, very filling diet to follow, I'll definitely continue to avoid sugar and refined carbs while looking to bring sweet potatoes and starchy vegetables into my diet in moderation. No hunger pains, very little cravings, my already excellent HDL went even higher and my LDL went down while eating a diet of approximately %75 fat, mostly from animal sources.

I am surprised my serum glucose didn't drop, I'm faxing my labs to my doc to see what he says. I don't think this type of eating is for everyone. If I were still 21, running around, staying active, I could eat - and did eat - anything I wanted to. However, I think sitting in an office chair 10 hours a day for the last 6 years affected my ability to tolerate carbs. I think that I'm comfortable dismissing the lipid hypothesis for myself.

DEXA scan to follow in a couple weeks.
      yea the lipid hypothesis is definitely a myth.

18. 04-06-2012 08:21 AM #18
      thanks for posting this! and everything in this thread.

After you started this thread I decided to cut out some of the carbs in my diet. Before I really understood really what fat does, what good fat is what bad fat is, I just heard the word fat and immediately shied away. Over the past several weeks I have replaced a lot of the carb sources in my meals with fat sources.

I was ~170lbs when I started and following a diet like this has allowed me to maintain a consistent ~170lbs - ~175lbs while starting a lifting regiment (hopefully that number goes up as I pack on some lean mass) and reintegrate foods into my diet that I missed dearly (i.e. Animal Fats, and unsaturated fats like peanut butter) and I snack more often then not with nuts as opposed to yogurts or raisins (not saying that those are bad foods just that they weren't working for myself)

I've also noticed that after fatty meals I am much less bloated and lethargic as opposed to a carb heavy meal with similar calorie amounts, which I like, although if we're grilling burgers I will still use a bun.

There have been difficulties however:

one of my favorite snacks, is peanut butter sandwiches, the peanut butter is fine but lower calorie non - starchy breads are tough to find, luckily however around the time I discovered this thread, Pepperidge Farm started making this "carb style" bread which has 5g net carbs per slice, if you like bread at all, I highly recommend it.

another thing that has been tough is beer, I would say it's really my one vice, some people have cake, some cookies, some chocolate, mine, is good beer. Limiting my intake hasn't been that tough really but it was one the thing I said "I wouldn't give up..."

I'm really glad you put this up because my close friends have been awe - struck that I would choose fat over carbs, and consistently rag me about my diet, I think it's mainly out of ignorance, they're obese, or leaning in that direction and could give two ****s about anything nutrition, absolutely boggles my mind. Another point before I shut up, I've read that new research about saturated animal fats says that it may raise cholesterol but it doesn't raise the ration, your LDL/HDL ratio WENT DOWN!!! that's awesome.

I feel like if nothing else I've got more of a leg to stand on when people give me **** about this.

19. 04-06-2012 11:02 AM #19
      Looks good Pops. I've been eating a very high fat diet, with moderate carbs (100-120/day) and I've never felt better. Tons of energy. Sleeping better. More focused.

Vehicles
      88 Jetta GLI
      04-10-2012 01:37 AM #20
      About how many meals a day are you guys eating? Ive looked into this type of diet before and it seems pretty easy to follow. Im going to keep checking back on this page for more info and possibly start up on this diet soon. Any helpful links or tips for starting this diet please post.

thanks

21. Member
      04-11-2012 09:14 AM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by itschrisb View Post
      About how many meals a day are you guys eating? Ive looked into this type of diet before and it seems pretty easy to follow. Im going to keep checking back on this page for more info and possibly start up on this diet soon. Any helpful links or tips for starting this diet please post.

thanks
      The diet doesn't address frequency. I usually eat 4 meals a day, but could fit all my calories into 3 if need be.

If you're taking in 3k - 4k calories a day, or more, I think it would be tough to get all your calories in 3 meals. That's when you start supplementing with protein shakes with a dollop or two of coconut oil.

I'll add more info in the next day or so, I found a really cool study that looks at keto diets and cutting while preserving muscle mass.

Vehicles
      88 Jetta GLI
      04-11-2012 12:54 PM #22
      Alright that would be great. I was following a diet before and I was losing weight but I wasn't really cutting at all. No matter what diet I follow or how I eat I never seem to get more cut. I either just lose muscle mass or get skinnier. I'd like to stay my size and have better definition.

Seems like keto is the diet that'll work for me. Especially since you can eat a lot of fats and things bc most diets I end up getting sick of and breaking I don't think that would happen with this plan.

Vehicles
      2005 Ford Crown Victoria
      04-12-2012 12:22 AM #23
      Hmmm, I think I might need to reconsider my diet. I am a HUGE carb person. However, since falling out of running, cycling, then attending college classes I gained 25 pounds in 8 months. Right now I am at 226 or so

Anyway, I've been getting back into lifting the last 2 months, and that's when my weight jumped from 210ish(stable) and 2 months later I'm at 226-230(if I drink absurd amounts of water and food).

I'm getting back into running, so I hope this helps me trim some weight. I also walk/bike to school every day now that it is spring/summer time. This is only 1 mile or so each way so it isn't much exercise. Running, I am back up to 3.1 miles pretty easily 8:30/mile pace that was from not running 2 weeks ago.

Anyway, my main point tying back into this topic. If I have cereal for breakfast or bread as a main part of my breakfast. I absolutely cannot concentrate in my Math lecture, same holds true if I eat a meal high in carbs before any classes. However, when I just eat eggs and say sausage I feel my better in general.

I am going to do a little research, but I wouldn't be opposed to cutting the carbs out totally. Except the occasional pizza, every three weeks or so, I think I could manage it well.

I just cut Pop out of my diet and I am feeling the effects to say the least. My energy levels bounce around so much it isn't even funny. I will wake up for class around 7:45ish eat, study, go to lecture at 10am, and finish at 11am. I then go back to my apartment, and once I sit down in my chair I crash. I have the plan to attack my readings and homework,etc. and I end up taking a nap for 2 hours. :/ Perhaps it is the lack of caffeine, (I used to consume up to 5-6 cans/day, typically 3-4)

I feel better provided I am not talking about my energy level crashes.

24. Member
      04-19-2012 08:11 PM #24
      OK, I got the DEXA scan today and am pleased with the results of 3 months of keto dieting. At one point, 3 weeks ago my weight got down to 188, but I feel like that was too low. I was dehydrated and my lifts were suffering in the gym, so I upped my calories by 200/day.

Here are the results:

Before:
      Weight 210
      Body fat %22.5
      android %31.3
      gynoid %30.4
      fat lbs 47
      LBM 154

Android is around the gut, gynoid is hips and ass.

Today:
      Weight 200
      body fat %16
      android %20.5
      gynoid %22.0
      fat lbs 32
      LBM 161

In a nutshell, my body fat percentage went from %23 to %16. More impressively (I think), is I lost 15lbs of fat and gained 7 lbs of lean body mass. This doesn't necessarily mean muscle, it could be that those pills I've been taking to add 4" to my Johnson in a month have been working. It's more likely a combination of muscle and water weight. Still, I'm really liking that I dropped 15 lbs of fat. And android fat is called "heart attack" fat so reducing that is great as well.

I'll post a couple more things a little later this week.
      Last edited by pops; 04-23-2012 at 08:41 AM.

25. 04-21-2012 07:54 AM #25
      That's awesome man, good work.

Vehicles
      88 Jetta GLI
      04-22-2012 06:14 PM #26
      I want to do this diet i tried it for a few days and it just felt so weird eating all that food im not used to eating. I kind of got scared to continue it but its obviously proven to work and also healthy. Maybe ill give it another go

Vehicles
      98 Volvo V70 (Indigo Montoya) mk2 Jetta (the other woman)
      04-30-2012 02:00 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by itschrisb View Post
      I want to do this diet i tried it for a few days and it just felt so weird eating all that food im not used to eating. I kind of got scared to continue it but its obviously proven to work and also healthy. Maybe ill give it another go
      I started Keto after my husband had been doing it for a couple months and having great success. This was the hardest thing for me, initially. Putting half and half in my coffee and eating full fat cheese have always been weight loss no-nos. I love it. We went on vacation and I went back to carbs and man I can tell a huge difference mentally. With carbs I am lethargic and cloudy, on keto I am awake and alert like a damn 5-hour energy commercial. It is hard to get over the first few days of feeling kinda gross, but then all that clears up and you feel great. Keep at it!

28. 05-16-2012 09:49 AM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by ModestGirl View Post
      With carbs I am lethargic and cloudy,
      I know exactly what you mean, I never realized it before until i cut carbs but the starchy ones make me super bloated to the point that its uncomfortable,

I'm sure this i stuff most of you all know but here is a good read that came out on daily mail a couple of days ago

I've been talking this same shop with a friend of mine who for all intensive purposes could give two ****s about nutrition, him and everyone else in the room always look at me like I have two heads when I tell them I'd pick fats over carbs

now this shows up on the interwebs and he posts it on facebook ( I hate facebook)

p.s. ModestGirl: go Ballmer...just kidding

29. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2010 A4 2013 Q5
      05-16-2012 12:21 PM #29
      I have been doing something similar to Keto, Paleo/Primal, been doing it since August of 2011. I eat a good amount of fats whether it being from coconut oil, nuts and animals fats. I started at 205 and am down to 185. I am a lot stronger and faster since starting. And any type of baked goods that I crave I make from almond flour or coconut flour. I have seen a complete transformation in mind and body since doing it.

30. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2010 A4 2013 Q5
      05-16-2012 12:22 PM #30
      Also, I tell my buddies who argue about this with me. Would you rather eat two rolls or a pound of crispy bacon?

31. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      LG G2 / Notes 3 / Nexus 5
      05-18-2012 11:47 AM #32
      Eating less processed food will get you better results while consuming the same amount of calories. The difference is the body can get rid of whole foods better while processed stuff is harder to get rid of.

I rather take a nice piece of 8oz sirloin than a burger with the same calorie count and the steak gives you better quality protein and iron.

I lost weight simply by eating more frequently and not add empty calories.

Carbs during the day and more protein at night to not get hungry and snack.

The biggest health problem in this country is that majority of people eat poor during breakfast and lunch. From folks skipping breakfast to having just a hotdog for lunch then go home and eat out at fast food or diners. That's how people get fat.

32. Member
      05-20-2012 08:59 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by Vision33r View Post

I rather take a nice piece of 8oz sirloin than a burger with the same calorie count and the steak gives you better quality protein and iron.
      I'm speechless.

Vehicles
      13 JSW TDI, 04 Saab 9-5 Arc SC, 93 S4, 02 Ninja 250
      01-08-2013 04:34 PM #34
      I know this thread is a bit old... but I was curious how pops was getting along 6-8 months down the line.

Still doing keto? Or just low carb?
      Still down on weight?
      Have your lab numbers improved at all?
      epitome
      "Not everything you eat has to, or should, taste really f*cking awesome. Sometimes you need to eat 'boring' food to stay healthy.

2.0 TDI "BHW" engine partout - @tdiclub @vwvortex

34. Member
      01-08-2013 09:11 PM #35
      Howdy, I was thinking of bumping this myself.

It's been a year of low-carb eating and I'm still going. I've let up a bit, yesterday I had some polenta and spinach with my lamb vindaloo but that's about the extent of it. I did relax things around the holidays because I enjoy meals with my family and my Aunt makes killer mashed potatoes.

I just redid my labs less than 3 weeks ago and my total CHOL was 200, my HDL was 94, my LDL was around 85, my TRIGS were 36, and VLDL was 7. Blood pressure is 122/72 and pulse is 52 bpm.

My weight has been steady around 200 and my gym lifts are progressing slowly using 5/3/1.

I work out of my house now, so my food is still the same every day. I wake up around 5:30 AM and have coffee. My first meal is at 11:00 and is an 8 egg omelette. I'll pack it with peppers, mushrooms, cheese, onions, and either locally produced jalepeno brats or bacon and olives.

I'll have something small around 3:30 and then dinner in the evening. Tonight, I've got 2 chicken legs and 2 thighs in the slow cooker with carrots, onions, and celery. I'll saute a bag of spinach to go along with it.

I'm actually looking to lean up a little bit and will stick to this eating regimen as I do. I may even try getting another DEXA in April or so and will report back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast