Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Results 106 to 140 of 250

    Thread: Weekly meet ups in Schaumburg!

    1. Member intoflatlines's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2008
      Location
      Chicagoland
      Posts
      2,173
      Vehicles
      Z4 M Roadster
      04-01-2012 09:01 PM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by illuder83 View Post
      cool. that spot is twice as far from me compared to the last one. Bummer, when my schedule clears up maybe. Have fun Guys!
      where are you in Lake County?

    2. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2008
      Location
      Lake County IL.
      Posts
      897
      Vehicles
      Current: 2006 Volkswagen GLI.[Past: '83 Datsun 280zx, '96 Honda Prelude, '97 Eagle Talon Tsi]
      04-02-2012 09:24 AM #107
      i live up north in Round Lake, 10 miles South of the Wisconsin Border and about 10 miles West of Great America
      Last edited by illuder83; 04-02-2012 at 08:39 PM.

    3. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 1st, 2011
      Location
      Wheeling, IL
      Posts
      80
      Vehicles
      2012 csg mk6 gti
      04-02-2012 08:08 PM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by illuder83 View Post
      i live up north in Round Lake, 10 miles South of the Wisconsin Border and about 10 miles West of Great American
      Thats a tough location for a meet man

    4. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2008
      Location
      Lake County IL.
      Posts
      897
      Vehicles
      Current: 2006 Volkswagen GLI.[Past: '83 Datsun 280zx, '96 Honda Prelude, '97 Eagle Talon Tsi]
      04-02-2012 09:43 PM #109
      Quote Originally Posted by kulka89 View Post
      Thats a tough location for a meet man
      Yeah, there is no love for Northern IL past Palatine Road, forget about north of Lake Cook Road.

      But I suppose it makes sense though. Seems like the Lake County scene is pretty dead and any type of meet up this way would probably bomb. Just take a look at the Lake/McHenry County ''Spotted'' Thread... it's basically a grave yard.

      Once a year CVO Suburban Tour Summer Cruise Nights comes out to Vernon Hills. I think that's just about it. Outside of that the only shows that happen in Lake County are for American muscle and vintage cars which are fun to check out from time to time.

      Buona Beef Restaurant was pretty nice for me because by taking the back roads (12, 59, Barrington Rd) it was only 30 minutes.

      No Big Deal though i am sure i will try and come out some in the future.
      18x8.5 VMR VB3, 8380 Laboratories Coilovers//Stage II (DEI Wrapped Autotech Intake,Techtonics Tuning Downpipe, GIAC Tune), New South Gauge & Vent Pod//Euro Switch, Euro GTI Front Lip, Euro Tails (Rear Fog Enabled), Painted Yellow FTP bulbs, Color Matched side markers Timeline

    5. Member intoflatlines's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2008
      Location
      Chicagoland
      Posts
      2,173
      Vehicles
      Z4 M Roadster
      04-02-2012 10:02 PM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by illuder83 View Post
      Yeah, there is no love for Northern IL past Palatine Road, forget about north of Lake Cook Road.

      But I suppose it makes sense though. Seems like the Lake County scene is pretty dead and any type of meet up this way would probably bomb. Just take a look at the Lake/McHenry County ''Spotted'' Thread... it's basically a grave yard.

      Once a year CVO Suburban Tour Summer Cruise Nights comes out to Vernon Hills. I think that's just about it. Outside of that the only shows that happen in Lake County are for American muscle and vintage cars which are fun to check out from time to time.

      Buona Beef Restaurant was pretty nice for me because by taking the back roads (12, 59, Barrington Rd) it was only 30 minutes.

      No Big Deal though i am sure i will try and come out some in the future.
      If the guys from Woodstock show up, you have no excuses

    6. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2008
      Location
      Lake County IL.
      Posts
      897
      Vehicles
      Current: 2006 Volkswagen GLI.[Past: '83 Datsun 280zx, '96 Honda Prelude, '97 Eagle Talon Tsi]
      04-03-2012 01:59 AM #111
      ^Leave it to those Woodstock Guys to Show me up!
      Haha! Tuesdays i have an after school class that doesn't get out until 8:30. I think there parents will be upset if i let them out early to go to a show, not to mention my program director

      Keep them goin' strong, in a month and i'll be back! just keep an eye out for a plain looking mkv black gli
      18x8.5 VMR VB3, 8380 Laboratories Coilovers//Stage II (DEI Wrapped Autotech Intake,Techtonics Tuning Downpipe, GIAC Tune), New South Gauge & Vent Pod//Euro Switch, Euro GTI Front Lip, Euro Tails (Rear Fog Enabled), Painted Yellow FTP bulbs, Color Matched side markers Timeline

    7. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 21st, 2010
      Location
      Gurnee, IL
      Posts
      169
      Vehicles
      2004 .:R32 BMP
      04-03-2012 08:54 AM #112
      I've never been to any of these but I would like to try and make it out today after I'm out of the office.

    8. 04-03-2012 09:10 AM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by JinTae View Post
      I've never been to any of these but I would like to try and make it out today after I'm out of the office.
      Look forward to meeting you, come introduce yourself! I'll be in the second loudest CW MK6
      Last edited by Das Butcher; 04-03-2012 at 09:13 AM.

    9. 04-03-2012 09:34 AM #114
      Reminder!!!!!!

      Meet for 4/3/2012:

      People will start rolling in at 7:30pm. I have reserved a large section for all of us. The general manager is happy to welcome us back to:

      The Patio BBQ
      2780 S. Highland Ave.
      Lombard, IL 60148
      630.627.2600
      www.patioribs.com

    10. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 1st, 2011
      Location
      Wheeling, IL
      Posts
      80
      Vehicles
      2012 csg mk6 gti
      04-03-2012 10:40 AM #115
      Quote Originally Posted by illuder83 View Post
      Yeah, there is no love for Northern IL past Palatine Road, forget about north of Lake Cook Road.
      HAHA thats funny because i live right between palatine and lake cook (big picture ) by 83rd

    11. Member intoflatlines's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2008
      Location
      Chicagoland
      Posts
      2,173
      Vehicles
      Z4 M Roadster
      04-03-2012 02:01 PM #116
      you mean rt 83?

    12. Member SeanLuzak's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 25th, 2011
      Location
      Palatine, Il
      Posts
      294
      Vehicles
      2003 Gti
      04-04-2012 12:09 AM #117
      I'll be coming to this next week, except not in my car since I don't have insurance for it yet.

    13. Member 20thGTI12's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 17th, 2005
      Location
      Chicago, IL
      Posts
      1,515
      Vehicles
      03' VW 20th AE GTI
      04-04-2012 07:35 PM #118
      Quote Originally Posted by illuder83 View Post
      Yeah, there is no love for Northern IL past Palatine Road, forget about north of Lake Cook Road.

      But I suppose it makes sense though. Seems like the Lake County scene is pretty dead and any type of meet up this way would probably bomb. Just take a look at the Lake/McHenry County ''Spotted'' Thread... it's basically a grave yard.

      Once a year CVO Suburban Tour Summer Cruise Nights comes out to Vernon Hills. I think that's just about it. Outside of that the only shows that happen in Lake County are for American muscle and vintage cars which are fun to check out from time to time.

      Buona Beef Restaurant was pretty nice for me because by taking the back roads (12, 59, Barrington Rd) it was only 30 minutes.

      No Big Deal though i am sure i will try and come out some in the future.

      x2 about no love in northern illinois. I live in gurnee and this place seems too far but, will see next time this meet comes up.

    14. Member intoflatlines's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2008
      Location
      Chicagoland
      Posts
      2,173
      Vehicles
      Z4 M Roadster
      04-04-2012 07:39 PM #119
      Pretty sure we had a guy from gurnee last night, and a buddy from woodstock showed up too.. Man up!!

      Sent via Tapatalk, probably with typos.

    15. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 20th, 2010
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      131
      Vehicles
      08' UG Rabbit
      04-05-2012 12:12 AM #120
      I was looking foward to coming out last night, but women are crazy. lol

      Looking forward to next tuesday tho!!!

      is it going to be at the Patio agian?

    16. Member intoflatlines's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2008
      Location
      Chicagoland
      Posts
      2,173
      Vehicles
      Z4 M Roadster
      04-05-2012 12:17 AM #121
      Quote Originally Posted by KAKASHIxRABBIT View Post
      I was looking foward to coming out last night, but women are crazy. lol

      Looking forward to next tuesday tho!!!

      is it going to be at the Patio agian?
      Not sure, but check back here for updates!

    17. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 21st, 2010
      Location
      Gurnee, IL
      Posts
      169
      Vehicles
      2004 .:R32 BMP
      04-05-2012 10:48 AM #122
      Quote Originally Posted by intoflatlines View Post
      Pretty sure we had a guy from gurnee last night, and a buddy from woodstock showed up too.. Man up!!

      Sent via Tapatalk, probably with typos.
      That was me. It was a far drive but a great place to eat. I was surprised to see how many cars showed up.

    18. 04-05-2012 03:14 PM #123
      Quote Originally Posted by JinTae View Post
      That was me. It was a far drive but a great place to eat. I was surprised to see how many cars showed up.
      If I plan it, they will come

    19. 04-06-2012 10:51 PM #124
      lol i didnt know theres a few of you living around lake cook road and all that. im from BG my self

    20. 04-06-2012 11:56 PM #125
      Quote Originally Posted by MKVdUBnIT View Post
      lol i didnt know theres a few of you living around lake cook road and all that. im from BG my self
      Palatine here!

    21. Member intoflatlines's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2008
      Location
      Chicagoland
      Posts
      2,173
      Vehicles
      Z4 M Roadster
      04-07-2012 12:01 AM #126
      Quote Originally Posted by MKVdUBnIT View Post
      lol i didnt know theres a few of you living around lake cook road and all that. im from BG my self
      I grew up in BG

    22. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 1st, 2011
      Location
      Wheeling, IL
      Posts
      80
      Vehicles
      2012 csg mk6 gti
      04-07-2012 06:23 PM #127
      wheeling checking in. what mk5 do you have?

    23. Member SeanLuzak's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 25th, 2011
      Location
      Palatine, Il
      Posts
      294
      Vehicles
      2003 Gti
      04-08-2012 01:07 AM #128
      Quote Originally Posted by Das Butcher View Post
      Palatine here!
      Same here! I'm from around Fremd High School. How about you?

    24. 04-08-2012 12:49 PM #129
      Quote Originally Posted by kulka89 View Post
      wheeling checking in. what mk5 do you have?
      silver jetta

    25. 04-08-2012 06:22 PM #130
      Due to a very positive opinion of our last meet at The Patio BBQ, we will be meeting there again for this weeks meet.

      Location for April 10 2012,

      7:30pm

      The Patio BBQ
      2780 S. Highland Ave.
      Lombard, IL 60148
      630.627.2600
      www.patioribs.com

      We will have our own reserved section again so we can all hang out together. Bring your appetites because this place will fill you up! Any questions, feel free to PM me.

      -Chris

    26. 04-08-2012 06:23 PM #131
      Quote Originally Posted by SeanLuzak View Post
      Same here! I'm from around Fremd High School. How about you?
      I'm about 2 blocks north of Fremd!

    27. Member csmakio's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 28th, 2008
      Location
      Chicago, IL
      Posts
      415
      Vehicles
      2012 GLI Autobahn
      04-09-2012 09:53 AM #132
      Quote Originally Posted by Das Butcher View Post
      Due to a very positive opinion of our last meet at The Patio BBQ, we will be meeting there again for this weeks meet.
      Dammmmnnn I love that place, ashame I won't be making it back to the suburbs Tuesday night or I'd join you guys.

      I'm originally from LaGrange Park but I've been living on the Northside in Chicago the last three years. I keep my car in the suburbs though as I don't feel like parking my new baby on the street near Wrigley since baseballs in full swing again!

    28. 04-09-2012 09:57 AM #133
      Quote Originally Posted by csmakio View Post
      Dammmmnnn I love that place, ashame I won't be making it back to the suburbs Tuesday night or I'd join you guys.

      I'm originally from LaGrange Park but I've been living on the Northside in Chicago the last three years. I keep my car in the suburbs though as I don't feel like parking my new baby on the street near Wrigley since baseballs in full swing again!
      The Patio rocks. You should come out sometime. Great group of dubbers every week. Almost 50 cars weekly at this point.

    29. Member csmakio's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 28th, 2008
      Location
      Chicago, IL
      Posts
      415
      Vehicles
      2012 GLI Autobahn
      04-09-2012 10:44 AM #134
      Quote Originally Posted by Das Butcher View Post
      The Patio rocks. You should come out sometime. Great group of dubbers every week. Almost 50 cars weekly at this point.
      Yeah man I would love to but I rarely make it back to the suburbs during the week because of my work schedule downtown. I'm looking to find a place and move back to the suburbs once my lease is up in July so I'll definitely be making every meet if that happens.

      I'll keep my eyes open for weekend meetups in the meantime, lookin forward to meeting all you guys.

    30. Member marky967's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 22nd, 2005
      Location
      Nort O Milghetto
      Posts
      1,226
      Vehicles
      Mk1 g60 rocco, sexty6 bug. mkV
      04-09-2012 12:36 PM #135
      I was in the area this weekend for Easter and saw a feherenheit yellow gli at Dennys. Not sure if its anyone from on here.

    31. Member SeanLuzak's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 25th, 2011
      Location
      Palatine, Il
      Posts
      294
      Vehicles
      2003 Gti
      04-09-2012 01:16 PM #136
      Quote Originally Posted by Das Butcher View Post
      I'm about 2 blocks north of Fremd!
      Damn small world. Got any pictures of your car so I can look out for it?

    32. 04-09-2012 01:49 PM #137
      Quote Originally Posted by SeanLuzak View Post
      Damn small world. Got any pictures of your car so I can look out for it?

    33. Member intoflatlines's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2008
      Location
      Chicagoland
      Posts
      2,173
      Vehicles
      Z4 M Roadster
      04-10-2012 11:17 AM #138
      Location for April 10 2012,

      7:30pm

      The Patio BBQ
      2780 S. Highland Ave.
      Lombard, IL 60148
      630.627.2600

    34. 04-16-2012 09:38 AM #139
      Meet for 4/17/2012
      7:30pm

      Fuddruckers
      436 East Golf Road
      Schaumburg, IL 60173

      Phone: (847) 519-9390

      Weekly meets are back to the NW Burbs! In our never ending quest for more meat, we will be meeting at Fuddruckers Schaumburg for a weekly meatfest!

      The location is close enough to the highway for ease of our further traveling dubbers.

      Come and join us for a good time this Tuesday. Friends and family are more than welcome to attend.

      See you guys & girls there!
      -Chris

    35. Member intoflatlines's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2008
      Location
      Chicagoland
      Posts
      2,173
      Vehicles
      Z4 M Roadster
      04-16-2012 10:54 AM #140

    Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •