Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Results 51 to 75 of 250

    Thread: Weekly meet ups in Schaumburg!

    1. Member intoflatlines's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2008
      Location
      Chicagoland
      Posts
      2,173
      Vehicles
      Z4 M Roadster
      03-20-2012 12:11 AM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by The Nugget View Post
      It's not like huge but it should be big enough
      You sure? We've been pushing 40 cars for the last couple weeks, and of course we all park in a group

    2. Member The Nugget's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 6th, 2011
      Location
      Arlington hts, IL
      Posts
      203
      Vehicles
      2001 gti vr6
      03-20-2012 12:15 AM #52
      I will count the parking spaces tomorrow lol
      But like I said we can do it NEXT WEEK
      INSTAGRAM: THATGUYABRAHAM

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2008
      Location
      Lake County IL.
      Posts
      966
      Vehicles
      Current: 2006 Volkswagen GLI.[Past: '83 Datsun 280zx, '96 Honda Prelude, '97 Eagle Talon Tsi]
      03-20-2012 02:46 AM #53
      I get off at 8:30p which means i prob can't get there til 9... so i probably will miss the gtg, but i'm goin to give it a shot anyways.

    4. 03-20-2012 08:15 AM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by illuder83 View Post
      I get off at 8:30p which means i prob can't get there til 9... so i probably will miss the gtg, but i'm goin to give it a shot anyways.
      We'll still be there.

      And the meadows location would not be good at all for anyone really lowered. The streets are really bad and the entrance is asking to rip a bumper or exhaust off.

      Checked out Hoffman last night. Perfectly smooth entrances and lot. Accommodations for 100+ cars. This is the spot.
      Last edited by Das Butcher; 03-20-2012 at 09:43 AM.

    5. 03-20-2012 09:54 AM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by Das Butcher View Post
      We'll still be there.

      And the meadows location would not be good at all for anyone really lowered. The streets are really bad and the entrance is asking to rip a bumper or exhaust off.

      Checked out Hoffman last night. Perfectly smooth entrances and lot. Accommodations for 100+ cars. This is the spot.
      3/20/2012 7:30 till whenever

      Buona Beef
      2352 W. Higgins Road
      Hoffman Estates, Illinois 60169

      Park in the east parking lot.

    6. Member intoflatlines's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2008
      Location
      Chicagoland
      Posts
      2,173
      Vehicles
      Z4 M Roadster
      03-20-2012 10:50 AM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by illuder83 View Post
      I get off at 8:30p which means i prob can't get there til 9... so i probably will miss the gtg, but i'm goin to give it a shot anyways.
      We'll still be there for sure.

      Chris you said you talked to the mgr of the Hoffman Estates location and that he's cool with us being there, or am I confused?

    7. Member ajz9415's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 7th, 2005
      Posts
      4,977
      Vehicles
      2014 Passat TDI SEL
      03-20-2012 11:02 AM #57
      Wish I could come this week. Would love to meat some locals
      Vag-Com Hex+Can-USB Bolingbrook, IL E-mail or PM

    8. 03-20-2012 11:06 AM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by intoflatlines View Post
      We'll still be there for sure.

      Chris you said you talked to the mgr of the Hoffman Estates location and that he's cool with us being there, or am I confused?
      I talked to them last week. I'll call on my lunch break to reconfirm. Car clubs meet in those lots all the time. I'm gonna try to get a group discount too.

    9. Member intoflatlines's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2008
      Location
      Chicagoland
      Posts
      2,173
      Vehicles
      Z4 M Roadster
      03-20-2012 11:41 AM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by ajz9415 View Post
      Wish I could come this week. Would love to meat some locals
      Why can't you make it

    10. 03-20-2012 01:45 PM #60
      Just spoke to the Buona Beef manager Jimmy. He is looking forward to us coming. Starting at 8pm we will have a private area for seating up to 35 with extra seating close by for overflow.

      Look forward to seeing you guys and meeting new faces too! Boost 'n Beef!

      Chris

    11. 03-21-2012 12:36 AM #61
      came out there tonight pretty nice cars, looking forward to next week

    12. 03-21-2012 01:41 AM #62
      Thanks to everyone who came. Great turnout of almost 40 cars. Look forward to next week!

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2008
      Location
      Lake County IL.
      Posts
      966
      Vehicles
      Current: 2006 Volkswagen GLI.[Past: '83 Datsun 280zx, '96 Honda Prelude, '97 Eagle Talon Tsi]
      03-21-2012 03:02 AM #63
      was able to stop by for a bit just to check things out, everyone's car looked really great! probably will go again next week!

    14. 03-21-2012 09:43 AM #64
      lol btw guys dont stare at the new kids who come makes us feel awkward as hell

    15. Member intoflatlines's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2008
      Location
      Chicagoland
      Posts
      2,173
      Vehicles
      Z4 M Roadster
      03-21-2012 10:53 AM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by MKVdUBnIT View Post
      lol btw guys dont stare at the new kids who come makes us feel awkward as hell
      Then come over and introduce yourselves!

    16. 03-21-2012 11:15 AM #66
      Quote Originally Posted by intoflatlines View Post
      Then come over and introduce yourselves!
      This

    17. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2008
      Location
      Lake County IL.
      Posts
      966
      Vehicles
      Current: 2006 Volkswagen GLI.[Past: '83 Datsun 280zx, '96 Honda Prelude, '97 Eagle Talon Tsi]
      03-21-2012 11:18 AM #67
      Quote Originally Posted by MKVdUBnIT View Post
      lol btw guys dont stare at the new kids who come makes us feel awkward as hell
      Quote Originally Posted by intoflatlines View Post
      Then come over and introduce yourselves!
      i stopped by at the last minute with my buddy and his bike, it was a nice night and he wanted to go for a ride. It was a lil awkward since everyone seemed to already know each other, but many people did say hi, and do the whole head nod thing

      i prob goin to go again next week and may bring along my lil sis. since there was a beetle there last night maybe it'll be there again so she can be inspired to actually take care of hers

    18. Member intoflatlines's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2008
      Location
      Chicagoland
      Posts
      2,173
      Vehicles
      Z4 M Roadster
      03-21-2012 12:27 PM #68
      Were you driving a black car and parked far away from everyone, and talked to the guy on the bike the whole time next to your car?

    19. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 1st, 2011
      Location
      Wheeling, IL
      Posts
      82
      Vehicles
      2012 csg mk6 gti
      03-21-2012 12:37 PM #69
      New people have to come out to groups and introduce themselves hehe

    20. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2008
      Location
      Lake County IL.
      Posts
      966
      Vehicles
      Current: 2006 Volkswagen GLI.[Past: '83 Datsun 280zx, '96 Honda Prelude, '97 Eagle Talon Tsi]
      03-21-2012 02:39 PM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by intoflatlines View Post
      Were you driving a black car and parked far away from everyone, and talked to the guy on the bike the whole time next to your car?
      Haha yeah.

      We just came for a quick look. The plan was only to stay for about 10 minutes or so while we waited for another one of our buddies who got "confused" by his gps and we ended up waiting a lot longer than expected.


      but like i said while we walked around checking out the cars people did say hi and stuff so there wasn't any feelings of not being welcomed or anything.

      definitely if my schedule permits i will be goin' again.

    21. 03-21-2012 02:57 PM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by illuder83 View Post
      Haha yeah.

      We just came for a quick look. The plan was only to stay for about 10 minutes or so while we waited for another one of our buddies who got "confused" by his gps and we ended up waiting a lot longer than expected.


      but like i said while we walked around checking out the cars people did say hi and stuff so there wasn't any feelings of not being welcomed or anything.

      definitely if my schedule permits i will be goin' again.
      Should be the same location. The reserved space, parking lot, distance to the expressway, and friendly cops were definitely a huge plus.

    22. Member intoflatlines's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2008
      Location
      Chicagoland
      Posts
      2,173
      Vehicles
      Z4 M Roadster
      03-21-2012 07:25 PM #72
      It could change in the future, it's best practice to check here for the most current news.

      Sent via Tapatalk, probably with typos.

    23. 03-24-2012 01:25 PM #73
      You guys ready for another meet? Same place and time!

    24. 03-26-2012 09:41 AM #74
      Boost 'n Beef

      Meet for 3/27/2012

      7:30 till whenever

      Buona Beef
      2352 W. Higgins Road
      Hoffman Estates, Illinois 60169

      Park in the east parking lot.

    25. Member intoflatlines's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2008
      Location
      Chicagoland
      Posts
      2,173
      Vehicles
      Z4 M Roadster
      03-26-2012 10:43 AM #75

    Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •