VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

FS: 2004 TR R32 | Lightly modded & well maintained - Minnesota

13K views 67 replies 27 participants last post by  Rocksalt 
#1 · (Edited)
SOLD SOLD SOLD

Selling my 2004 Tornado Red R32. I'm located in the Twin Cities, MN. I have owned the car since 75k miles. I drive the car daily for my job, and under my ownership 75% of the miles have been all highway. Car has a clean title, accident free, and drives like a champ. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about the vehicle.

Price:
$9,500 with all extra parts.

Feel free to make an offer that's within reason, maybe we can work out a deal.

Currently the miles are 148k, and will continue to rise. Interior is in excellent condition. Leather seats/bolster are in great shape!

Aftermarket:
-APR 93 flash
-EVOMS V-flow
-Short shifter (30% reduction)
-Open flapper/resonator delete
-10mm/20mm spacers
-FK Silverlines (non adj dampening)
-Driver/pass front Raxles
-Gruvenparts rear control arms - lower
-Euro R front bumper
-BMP mirror's / BMP grill
-Blacked out inner headlight / 8k HID kit / Ziza city light
-Cupra lip
-Vinyl wrapped roof & b-pillars - gloss black
-Engine/battery cover painted red
-Euroswitch
-R logo monster mats
-17'' Sport Edition Fox 5's with Dunlop Wintersport m3's

Maintenance:
-130k- Haldex fluid/filter and rear diff flush
-127k- New battery
-118k- Four corner alignment
-118k- Rear control arm Heim Joint bushings w/ dust boot
-117k- New FK silverlines
-117k- New front Raxles
-117k- (ALL OEM) Tie rod ends, ball joints, control arm bushings, swaybar bushings/endlinks and strut mount kit
-117k- New OEM front rotors / Akembo ceramic pads
-90k- Haldex fluid/filter and tranny flush
-80k- Recalled coil packs / NGK Iradiums
-75k- Front wheel bearings
-75k- New thermostat
-75k- Rear slotted rotors/Hawk pads
-New windsheild with one very small rock chip
-Oil changed religiously every 4k - Full Synthetic
-I have receipts for other minor work done

What needs attention. Keep in mind that I want to be as clear as possible about every known imperfection:
-Airbag light is on (passenger seatbelt assembly)
-Passenger sun visor ripped off from abuse by people who don't know how to work the seat in an R
-Glove box latch broke
-Hatch lock broke
-Cruise control stopped working, fuse was replaced
-There's a subtle high pitched whining noise when radio is on
-Front fenders have a small amount of paint chipped from rubbing
-Euro R bumper has a nice sized crack under the center grill
-Fairly deep door ding on driver door
-The paint is not in the best shape. It has the dreadful clear coat peeling, which is becoming worse. Also, there are a few knicks/scrapes here and there.

Extras that come with the car (will only include if asking price is met):
-NEW OEM clutch assembly, including: clutch disc/pressure plate/flywheel/TOB/rear main seal
-Cloth mats
-TR mirrors/grill/unpainted badgeless grill
-Spare set of OEM tails
-4 inch magnaflow exhaust tips
-OEM strut mount kit
-OEM suspension (50k miles)
-OEM Aristos / Sport Edition Fox 5's

This has been hands down the most amazing and fun car I have yet to own. Unfortunately, I need something more practical for my job. My goal is to sell it to an enthusiast who will appreciate it as much as I have. I will ship the car if buyer pays the shipping expenses. You can either PM me on here, or email me at middycent@hotmail.com, my name is Eric.

Cheers :beer:

Picture's:
Most Recent (on the Fox 5's)

This is where the bumper is cracked

On the Aristos (wrapped in Bridgestone Potenzas, lots of life left)

Engine bay / Interior:

Not current mileage

Extra parts, free with asking price :thumbup::

Thanks for looking.

See less See more
#42 ·
I'm in a Lowered 05 TR GLI. You must have swung by the SCI swap meet. I saw you going down

Hiawatha. Love the wheels though! do you have a price you would sell them for? Im in the process of

buying a house so my cash is a little tight. Was hoping to find a decent trade for them but haven't

gotten very many offers!

#44 ·
I wish that were the case, it will be severely missed..
I'm in a Lowered 05 TR GLI. You must have swung by the SCI swap meet. I saw you going down

Hiawatha. Love the wheels though! do you have a price you would sell them for? Im in the process of

buying a house so my cash is a little tight. Was hoping to find a decent trade for them but haven't

gotten very many offers!
Hey yeah, I definitely saw you sitting on 35th, gave you a little bit of exhaust note :thumbup: I'll send you a PM about the wheels.

If only it were blue
The pearl's nice, but I have too many friends with DBP. Plus, there's just somethin that really grabs the eye's like TR.

#46 ·
Mileage updated. Also, just gave it a fresh oil change/filter the other day.

Due to a weather related incident, the current front bumper has been damaged. On the bright side, a Euro R :thumbup: bumper is en route and will be properly painted before the start of June. This will not effect the price.

There's a high chance the MAM MT1's will be sold locally. Therefore, $12,000 sitting on aristo's.

Feel free to shoot me an offer, and we'll talk number's. Happy Memorial Day!

#62 ·
Cleaned up my inbox. To anyone who sent me a PM and I haven't replied, please send it again.

As for the Haldex, something went out on it and is not currently functioning. I'm scanning it later today to dial in the problem. But it will be properly fixed before I let go of the car.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.