Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: We are going to get an updated shift program for our 2012 transmissions!

02-23-2012 08:22 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by AsianDude View Post
      So I take it that the trans behaviour did not show up during your test drive?
      The trans behavior really depends on the stretch of roads you are driving on and may not be that much pronounced during the test drive. It happened to me. I actually read about this behavior before and I noticed it a little bit during the test drive but it was not annoying at that point. At least, it was not that much annoying to let the car go at that time and the other alternatives I considered besides the Tiguan were not great either. However, after driving the Tiguan for 5+ months mainly in city traffic, the shift pattern of the transmission gets really on your nerves.

So yes, we test drove the car and we bought it. No reason to remind us about this all the time. Test driving the car does not mean that you have to live with this transmission for the life-time of the car. We are not asking from VW to take the transmission apart and repair it. We just want a transmission software update.
      Last edited by vw_nc_dude; 02-23-2012 at 08:25 PM.

2. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan SE w Nav and sunroof
      02-28-2012 09:16 PM #37
      So I take it that the trans behaviour did not show up during your test drive?
      Sorry to hear about your dislike...

No. I test drove an '11 apparently (it was a demo car in a color and trim I liked, but for the miles, the price was steep and the dealer wouldn't go down) I decided from the test drive that I likes this car. Too bad no one told me how different it was in the '12!!

3. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan SE w Nav and sunroof
      02-28-2012 09:18 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by vw_nc_dude View Post
      Didn't know about the heater issue. Thanks for the pointer. One more thing to watch out for.
      So glad I was directed to this link Finally something was fixed! (I hope)

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan / 00 GTI VR6 / 89 GTI & Jetta
      03-02-2012 02:04 PM #39
      You got a better response here's what I got.

Dear Mr. Edge:

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me regarding the concerns you are experiencing with the transmission in your Tiguan. We contacted Mr. XXXX, the Service Manager at XXX Volkswagen, and I appreciate the chance to provide you with an update.

Mr. XXX explained to us that your Tiguan was found operating as designed when it was test driven on September 7th and on October 12th. Because of this, Mr. XXX is not aware of any repairs or software updates needed to your Tiguan. As such, I regret we are unable to offer any repair solutions.

I understand you are dissatisfied with the way the transmission is performing. I’d like to encourage you to go for a test drive with a technician to point out the exact noise and vibration you are experiencing. The technician will be able to explain to you firsthand what is taking place in the transmission and why they feel this is considered normal operation.

If you would like me to follow up with the XXX Volkswagen to ensure all resources are utilized to address this matter for you, please let me know when your appointment date is, and I will be sure to do so.

With you being a multi-Volkswagen owner, we recognize your loyalty to our brand, and we take your concerns seriously. I apologize for the inconvenience this matter has caused you, especially so early in your ownership. It is our desire that you are completely satisfied with your Tiguan and are fully enjoying your driving experience. Please be assured I have documented your comments internally, so we may have a record of them.

Bummer
      Last edited by hawaiivr6; 03-02-2012 at 03:50 PM. Reason: TAke Names out

03-02-2012 02:46 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by hawaiivr6 View Post
      You got a better response here's what I got.

Dear Mr. Edge:

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me regarding the concerns you are experiencing with the transmission in your Tiguan. We contacted Mr. Gary Hu, the Service Manager at Tony Volkswagen, and I appreciate the chance to provide you with an update.

Mr. Hu explained to us that your Tiguan was found operating as designed when it was test driven on September 7th and on October 12th. Because of this, Mr. Hu is not aware of any repairs or software updates needed to your Tiguan. As such, I regret we are unable to offer any repair solutions.

I understand you are dissatisfied with the way the transmission is performing. I’d like to encourage you to go for a test drive with a technician to point out the exact noise and vibration you are experiencing. The technician will be able to explain to you firsthand what is taking place in the transmission and why they feel this is considered normal operation.

If you would like me to follow up with the Tony Volkswagen to ensure all resources are utilized to address this matter for you, please let me know when your appointment date is, and I will be sure to do so.

With you being a multi-Volkswagen owner, we recognize your loyalty to our brand, and we take your concerns seriously. I apologize for the inconvenience this matter has caused you, especially so early in your ownership. It is our desire that you are completely satisfied with your Tiguan and are fully enjoying your driving experience. Please be assured I have documented your comments internally, so we may have a record of them.

Bummer
      Yep, looks like you got the generic treatment and they're trying to shift this to the dealers who come back to us and say everything works normal. The transmission or the engine needs to fall apart I guess before they acknowledge that there is really a problem.

As punishment, every dealer and service manager who says the transmission is operating under normal conditions should be forced to drive in these for life

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan / 00 GTI VR6 / 89 GTI & Jetta
      03-03-2012 12:07 AM #41
      I Hope you are right because this was the response I got;

Dear Mr. Edge:

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me regarding the concerns you are experiencing with the transmission in your Tiguan. We contacted Mr. xxxxx, the Service Manager at xxxx Volkswagen, and I appreciate the chance to provide you with an update.

Mr. xx explained to us that your Tiguan was found operating as designed when it was test driven on September 7th and on October 12th. Because of this, Mr. xx is not aware of any repairs or software updates needed to your Tiguan. As such, I regret we are unable to offer any repair solutions.

If you would like me to follow up with the xxxx Volkswagen to ensure all resources are utilized to address this matter for you, please let me know when your appointment date is, and I will be sure to do so.

If I can be of further assistance, please know our Customer CARE Center is available Monday through Friday 8 AM to 6 PM, local time, at (800) 822-8987. You are also always welcome to e-mail us again from the “Contact Us” page on www.vw.com.

In addition, you will soon be receiving a Volkswagen Customer Care satisfaction survey. Please take a few moments to complete this. Your feedback is important for it will allow us to serve you more effectively in the future.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXX

Customer CARE Advocate

This was my response

Thank you for your well written and polite email stating that it's my problem and VW is willing to have me come down again and drive along with someone who can explain how it's my problem. I do not accept your response as satisfactory at all.

Please see links of a few of YOUR customers feelings on the matter.

I suggest VWoA takes a long hard look at how people are responding rather than tell them(me) that the car drives as it was designed and that's not VW's problem but mine.

I think we all understand that it drives how it was designed. Please realize that the design is the problem not the people and an updated program really should be offered. If anyone doesn't want it then they don't have to take it. But for those who do want it and want to really enjoy there Tiguan VWoA should offer it.

Thank you-Please read all these links as you will learn what is going on with your customers.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...2#post76101752

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...2#post75714522

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...2#post76101752 328863#post74328863

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-transmissions!

http://volkswagenownersclub.com/vw/s...smission-issue

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...6#post73514826

7. Member
      03-03-2012 08:44 AM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by pookieprimmer View Post
      No. I test drove an '11 apparently (it was a demo car in a color and trim I liked, but for the miles, the price was steep and the dealer wouldn't go down) I decided from the test drive that I likes this car. Too bad no one told me how different it was in the '12!!
      Yes that is unfortunate that you did not get to drive the '12 before buying it.
      But like I had mentioned earlier, the issues don't really show up on test drives, unless it's a extended drive.

Vehicles
      2010, Volkswagen, GTI
      03-03-2012 11:27 AM #43
      I traded in my 2010 GTI for a 2012 Tiguan and i dont mind how it works at all. I have simply learned to press the pedal and give it gas around that speed to rev the engine to where i want it to be. Some times if im just poking along i let it do its thing, either way its fine and i don't suspect anything negative is happening that this engine cant take.

There is a very easy solution that i have come up with though, and im more than likely going to do this myself.

Step 1. Visit VW Dealership
      Step 2. Buy GTI (Wait for MK7)
      Step 3. Give wife (If wife is not applicable find one or trade in said SUV) Tiguan
      Step 4. ?????
      Step 5. Shift the car yourself

Over all this car has performed how i expected it to, and im very pleased with its quality and its comfort. I think this is a GREAT family vehicle and a very competent work vehicle with plenty of space and moderate towing capacity however it is no GTI. (Obviously)
      Cars need to have all wheel drive.

03-03-2012 11:33 AM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by hawaiivr6 View Post
      This was my response

Thank you for your well written and polite email stating that it's my problem and VW is willing to have me come down again and drive along with someone who can explain how it's my problem. I do not accept your response as satisfactory at all.

Please see links of a few of YOUR customers feelings on the matter.

I suggest VWoA takes a long hard look at how people are responding rather than tell them(me) that the car drives as it was designed and that's not VW's problem but mine.

I think we all understand that it drives how it was designed. Please realize that the design is the problem not the people and an updated program really should be offered. If anyone doesn't want it then they don't have to take it. But for those who do want it and want to really enjoy there Tiguan VWoA should offer it.

Thank you-Please read all these links as you will learn what is going on with your customers.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...2#post76101752

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...2#post75714522

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...2#post76101752 328863#post74328863

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-transmissions!

http://volkswagenownersclub.com/vw/s...smission-issue

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...6#post73514826
      Good response

Normal that they will drag their feet unless more and more complaints are coming in. Having driven so many automatic transmissions all these years, no one can convince me that this is 'normal' operation when the engine groans and moans at 35MPH at 6th gear!

03-03-2012 11:41 AM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by dk601h View Post
      I traded in my 2010 GTI for a 2012 Tiguan and i dont mind how it works at all. I have simply learned to press the pedal and give it gas around that speed to rev the engine to where i want it to be. Some times if im just poking along i let it do its thing, either way its fine and i don't suspect anything negative is happening that this engine cant take.

There is a very easy solution that i have come up with though, and im more than likely going to do this myself.

Step 3. Give wife (If wife is not applicable find one or trade in said SUV) Tiguan
      Step 4. ?????

Over all this car has performed how i expected it to, and im very pleased with its quality and its comfort. I think this is a GREAT family vehicle and a very competent work vehicle with plenty of space and moderate towing capacity however it is no GTI. (Obviously)
      I didn't like your 'solution' at all. We bought this car for my wife and I really do not like the notion on this forum that female drivers do not care about a bad shifting automatic transmission. My wife is complaining about the Tiguan's transmission as much as I do. Our other car is a 2008 Passat 2.0T with automatic transmission and it shifts perfectly. So spending so much money on a brand-new 2012 Tiguan SE, one would expect a satisfactory driving experience with a decently shifting transmission. I sincerely hope that the complaints are so much that VW of NA comes up with a reprogramming update for the transmission.

11. 03-03-2012 12:38 PM #46
      I always shift my Tig into 6th at 35mph. I don't know what the big deal is.

Vehicles
      2010, Volkswagen, GTI
      03-03-2012 12:42 PM #47
      The issue VOA is running in to is EPA Fuel economy ratings which made them go to the drawing boards in the first place.

They spend time and money trying to figure out how a SUV like the tiguan can get anywhere close to 30 mpg on the highway and this was what they came up with. Honestly i dont think there is any other way they could have done it without using a diesel engine.

So when there customers ask to change it, there entire focus for making this drastic system goes out the window and i do not think German engineers are willing to simply throw away there months of work and study and supply chains to incorporate a more efficient system in a SUV because people simply do not like the feeling it gives them.

It was the same thing and is the same thing that people run into when switching to DSG transmissions. People complain that is rough, or strange but that is exactally what it is. No more no less and to not like it is to simply say you want something else and there are plenty of other options.

Just wait, the tiguan will soon be built in america and this will in turn save costs and allow them to give it more features like DSG and a whole laundry list of options. SOrry you didnt like the comment about giving it to the wife but that is what is applicable to my situation as she is tickled pink to think about owning an SUV and couldn't care less that at 30-40 MPH it Lugs. lol

03-03-2012 01:02 PM #48
      The issue VOA is running in to is EPA Fuel economy ratings which made them go to the drawing boards in the first place.

They spend time and money trying to figure out how a SUV like the tiguan can get anywhere close to 30 mpg on the highway and this was what they came up with. Honestly i dont think there is any other way they could have done it without using a diesel engine.

So when there customers ask to change it, there entire focus for making this drastic system goes out the window and i do not think German engineers are willing to simply throw away there months of work and study and supply chains to incorporate a more efficient system in a SUV because people simply do not like the feeling it gives them.

It was the same thing and is the same thing that people run into when switching to DSG transmissions. People complain that is rough, or strange but that is exactally what it is. No more no less and to not like it is to simply say you want something else and there are plenty of other options.

Just wait, the tiguan will soon be built in america and this will in turn save costs and allow them to give it more features like DSG and a whole laundry list of options. SOrry you didnt like the comment about giving it to the wife but that is what is applicable to my situation as she is tickled pink to think about owning an SUV and couldn't care less that at 30-40 MPH it Lugs. lol
      Agree with your EPA comment. That is why some suggested to provide a re-programming for the S mode so that it is less 'sporty'. That would leave the D mode and hence MPG performance unaffected and give the customer a choice to go to S mode but without the current high RPM shifting points of the S mode.

Also, we are not talking about replacing the transmission. We are simply talking about a software update. Of course, a lot of validation needs to be done for that as well, but it is not as difficult as doing changes in hardware.

Most of the VWs in Europe have DSG anyway, so I do not really think that German engineers have 'tested' the current automatic transmission for North American Tiguans in great detail. In fact, I suspect that they tried to quickly roll this out but with only high MPG numbers on their mind and that resulted in the current groaning and moaning of the engine at 35MPH at 6th gear at very low RPM values.
      Last edited by vw_nc_dude; 03-03-2012 at 01:09 PM.

03-03-2012 01:05 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by .:Tig:. View Post
      I always shift my Tig into 6th at 35mph. I don't know what the big deal is.
      Not sure if you are joking or if you are really serious. I drive both automatic and manual transmissions and I would never shift into 6th at 35MPH in city traffic. Your car must have pretty good sound isolation, otherwise you should hear the engine groan a lot at those low RPM values.

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan SEL 4Motion, 2012 Touareg Hybrid
      03-03-2012 03:21 PM #50

Step 4. ?????

#4 should be :stop driving Tiguan like a Prius.

German engineers are not dumb and they did exactly what needed to be done, adjusting it to an American driving style and to satisfy DOT. Lets face it, we have more turds behind a wheel here then anywhere else in the world with the exception of a few countries. The way people drive here is pathetic, they coast at 60mph in the left lane, wouldn't go a 1mph over the limit even if there is no traffic/cars and road conditions are safe, afraid to press that gas pedal, everyone cries for more MPG, etc... To sum it all up in a few words Americans = dull driving. Unfortunately people that make up the majority of that statistic do not participate in forums like this, they just drive and be lovin' it

03-03-2012 11:01 PM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by TIGSEL View Post
      #4 should be :stop driving Tiguan like a Prius.

German engineers are not dumb and they did exactly what needed to be done, adjusting it to an American driving style and to satisfy DOT. Lets face it, we have more turds behind a wheel here then anywhere else in the world with the exception of a few countries. The way people drive here is pathetic, they coast at 60mph in the left lane, wouldn't go a 1mph over the limit even if there is no traffic/cars and road conditions are safe, afraid to press that gas pedal, everyone cries for more MPG, etc... To sum it all up in a few words Americans = dull driving. Unfortunately people that make up the majority of that statistic do not participate in forums like this, they just drive and be lovin' it
      Got the same feeling in the past when I compared drivers in Europe to drivers in the U.S. But as far as I noticed things started to change significantly over here and drivers in the U.S. become more conscious about their choices given all the different brands out there. So I am optimistic for the future.

And don't take me wrong. I have trust in German engineering and the cars they make, but I can't shake off the feeling that with the North American Tiguan things were most likely a little bit rushed because of MPG and competitive reasons.
      Last edited by vw_nc_dude; 03-03-2012 at 11:04 PM.

Vehicles
      2010, Volkswagen, GTI
      03-03-2012 11:27 PM #52
      I agree! When i flog this SUV it really, really loves it.. I have been more than happy with its performance and it shows its true colors when you mash the pedal. That being said often times people just zone out and poke around to work or the store or what ever and the tiguan i guess goes into the same mode and barely puts any effort into it. But if you need the performance / power its ready and willing which i love. 4Motion FTW to.

18. 03-04-2012 06:42 PM #53
      Yes that is unfortunate that you did not get to drive the '12 before buying it.
      But like I had mentioned earlier, the issues don't really show up on test drives, unless it's a extended drive.
      I can tell you that if you do the test drive avoid the highway and kill the radio. When you take a short 5 mile route around the city the car will shift into 6th early and you'll feel the vibration. I am so glad I read this before buying because I would've forked up the money otherwise and been extremely unhappy. You think VWOA would care about current and potential buyers - the jury is out.

03-30-2012 04:41 PM #54
      OK guys, here is the latest from VW. This is the message I received today:

Dear Mr. T:

Thank you for your e-mail inquiring about updates for the transmission for the 2012 Tiguan.

At this time we are aware that Volkswagen recognized the dissatisfaction some of our customers have with the performance of the transmission for the 2012 Tiguan. And we are working on an adjustment that addresses this concern and allows the Tiguan to still comply with Federal emission standards.

20. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan SEL w/boost gauge and Scangauge
      04-01-2012 01:55 AM #55
      We can only hope...

21. 04-01-2012 09:38 AM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by ElSupremo View Post
      We can only hope...
      I hope not. I bought a Tiguan in large measure because of how it shifts, and the great mileage that it gets. If you didn't like how it drives and shifts, you should have bought a different car...not bought a Tiguan and then whined about it.

22. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan SEL
      04-01-2012 03:15 PM #57
      That's funny, that you can't tell the difference between a transmission that upshifts correctly and one that shifts as fast as it can into 6th gear, which then makes the engine vibrate and bog down...you end up using more gas because the tranny downshifts when you put your foot in it to get out of the bogging condition...

04-01-2012 05:09 PM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by Lawfarm View Post
      I hope not. I bought a Tiguan in large measure because of how it shifts, and the great mileage that it gets. If you didn't like how it drives and shifts, you should have bought a different car...not bought a Tiguan and then whined about it.

Given that you are happy with how the Tiguan shifts currently, when the software update comes you can refuse to take it and continue to drive with the groaning engine at low RPM levels; nobody will force you to get the new programming.

On the other hand, I prefer to take the software update as soon as it becomes available and look forward to driving a Tiguan with a transmission that shifts correctly.
      Last edited by vw_nc_dude; 04-01-2012 at 08:47 PM.

24. 04-01-2012 09:45 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by bradsvw View Post
      That's funny, that you can't tell the difference between a transmission that upshifts correctly and one that shifts as fast as it can into 6th gear, which then makes the engine vibrate and bog down...you end up using more gas because the tranny downshifts when you put your foot in it to get out of the bogging condition...
      Bradsvw,
      I'm sure that you know more about how much fuel the engine is utilizing than do VW's engineers. Yup...I'm sure that they programmed the transmission to shift in such a way as to make the least efficient use of fuel possible, to hurt their car's mileage and its marketability. That makes total sense. It would be totally illogical to think that the powertrain was designed to function exactly how it functions, making full use of the relative abundance of low-end torque that the turbocharged 4 cylinder makes. It would also be illogical to think that a driver such as yourself could be competent enough to manage how the car drives by doing something like adjusting how much pressure you're putting on the throttle pedal.

Given that you are happy with how the Tiguan shifts currently, when the software update comes you can refuse to take it and continue to drive with the groaning engine at low RPM levels; nobody will force you to get the new programming.

On the other hand, I prefer to take the software update as soon as it becomes available and look forward to driving a Tiguan with a transmission that shifts correctly.
      Et tu, vw_nc_dude? Really? You don't think it "shifts correctly"? I'm amazed--I've never been on a forum with this many automotive engineers on it before. Nor have I ever been on a forum with so many people who bought $30-40k without having a clue how they drove. Seriously. Did you all sleep through the test drive?

My engine doesn't groan at low RPMs. It shifts completely properly. If I want to hold a gear longer and accelerate faster, I can apply more throttle. If I'm driving normally, I can take advantage of the great fuel economy. It drives how it is supposed to drive. And if we lived in a perfect world where owners could know everything within any given PCM upgrade from the manufacturer, and pick and choose what changes they wanted, your suggestion would make total sense. But we don't live in that world.

So instead, because you're an incompetent test driver, I'm supposed to accept changes to my car, because it drives the way it's supposed to drive? I'm supposed to fend off PCM updates because the car drives like it drove on the test drive? And you're normal for wanting the car to drive totally differently than it drove on the test drive and totally differently from how it was designed to function? Who's the one?

04-01-2012 10:37 PM #60
      Et tu, vw_nc_dude? Really? You don't think it "shifts correctly"? I'm amazed--I've never been on a forum with this many automotive engineers on it before. Nor have I ever been on a forum with so many people who bought $30-40k without having a clue how they drove. Seriously. Did you all sleep through the test drive?
      I have a PhD in a different engineering field. So I asked my relative who has a PhD in Automotive Engineering. He confirmed that it does not shift correctly since it is lugging back and forth between gears too often and that it is shifting too soon to higher gears. Just for his credentials besides his PhD in Automotive Engineering, he is working on a project for Mercedes Benz right now, so I assume he knows what he is talking about.

During the test drive, we were fully awake and we noticed the shift pattern. We were told that the transmission will adapt. That feature of the transmission is also what is advertised as Dynamic Shift Program (DSP). So given the overall quality of the Tiguan, we expected that the adaptation will happen at some time but it did not after driving for almost 4K miles.

So asking for a software update for the transmission is pretty normal. Being an engineer myself, trust me, before a product hits the field, you will never know if you designed it correctly or not. So I understand your trust in VW engineering but tweaking of systems after they hit the market happens all the time. We do it in my engineering field all the time, since customer satisfaction is top priority.
      Last edited by vw_nc_dude; 04-01-2012 at 11:37 PM.

26. 04-02-2012 10:43 AM #61
      I have heard some news from a friend in China who bought Tiguan 2012 and hate the shifting pattern. Several hundreds of augury Tiguan owners in China are getting together to sue VW and pressing Bureau of Quality Supervision China to pass a ban of sale on Tiguan 2012 due to potential safety hazard caused by new transmission programming. Probably a result of higher bumper-to-bumper driving ratio in China than other country, an unusually high proportion of owners are experienced CEL "return to dealer" warning under 10K and few of them already experienced engine surge.

The sales of Tiguan 2012 in China almost double the total of United States and Canada, so this outta get VW's attention. VW group still denied transmission issue is a safety concern but promised to fix this “comfortable” issue is on their top agenda.

27. 04-02-2012 12:31 PM #62
      I have a PhD in a different engineering field. So I asked my relative who has a PhD in Automotive Engineering. He confirmed that it does not shift correctly since it is lugging back and forth between gears too often and that it is shifting too soon to higher gears. Just for his credentials besides his PhD in Automotive Engineering, he is working on a project for Mercedes Benz right now, so I assume he knows what he is talking about.

During the test drive, we were fully awake and we noticed the shift pattern. We were told that the transmission will adapt. That feature of the transmission is also what is advertised as Dynamic Shift Program (DSP). So given the overall quality of the Tiguan, we expected that the adaptation will happen at some time but it did not after driving for almost 4K miles.

So asking for a software update for the transmission is pretty normal. Being an engineer myself, trust me, before a product hits the field, you will never know if you designed it correctly or not. So I understand your trust in VW engineering but tweaking of systems after they hit the market happens all the time. We do it in my engineering field all the time, since customer satisfaction is top priority.
      I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

If your relative who has a PhD in Automotive Engineering can diagnose whether a powertrain is operating correctly with his ass alone, well...good luck on the project with MB. "But it feels right to me."

04-02-2012 12:55 PM #63

If your relative who has a PhD in Automotive Engineering can diagnose whether a powertrain is operating correctly with his ass alone, well...good luck on the project with MB. "But it feels right to me."
      I will send you a PM. I do not want to spam this thread with personal messages.
      Last edited by vw_nc_dude; 04-02-2012 at 01:12 PM.

04-02-2012 02:02 PM #64

anyway, everyone is complaining about the premature
      shifting but has anyone observed the 12 tiguans at complete stops
      while at traffic lights (so, no stop signs stopping but actual
      longer duration stop at lights) that either the car feels
      like its gonna shut off or lunge forward? I've only experienced the
      feeling of what it's like when you let go of clutch but not have it in gear - like
      someone just bumped you in the back yesterday. the vehicle does not
      shut down. no CELs and no funky RPM behaviours.

this is more bothersome that current tranny programming.
      93 vw wolfsburg fox 4-door | 00 honda crv lx | 03 vw jetta wagon gls 2.0 | 04 vw jetta wagon gls tdi-pd | 12 vw tiguan se+panoroof+nav

04-02-2012 02:16 PM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by garethusa View Post
      everyone is complaining about the premature
      shifting but has anyone observed the 12 tiguans at complete stops
      while at traffic lights (so, no stop signs stopping but actual
      longer duration stop at lights) that either the car feels
      like its gonna shut off or lunge forward? I've only experienced the
      feeling of what it's like when you let go of clutch but not have it in gear - like
      someone just bumped you in the back yesterday. the vehicle does not
      shut down. no CELs and no funky RPM behaviours.

this is more bothersome that current tranny programming.
      Thanks for the heads up. Didn't notice that but will be careful from now on. If that's indeed true then it is really more bothersome.

04-02-2012 02:37 PM #66
      thanks.

the hitting from behind feeling was just yesterday.

but within the last week, i've been more sensitive to the feeling at the stop lights that the car will sometimes feel like either it will shut off - i've only been in a prius a couple of times so when those things come to a stop, the prius just gets all quiet and feels like it turned off - or in some instances, although my foot is on the brake firmly, but i wouldn't say all the way down to the floor and the car is at a complete stop, it sometimes feels like it is ready to lunge forward. it's a very, very quick feeling. but it's there. and it happens at least each day that i drive it - not at all stops though but definitely at the longer duration traffic light stops.

all while in Drive mode. no apparent noises that come with.

car has only been fed 93 octane.

Last edited by garethusa; 04-02-2012 at 02:41 PM.
      93 vw wolfsburg fox 4-door | 00 honda crv lx | 03 vw jetta wagon gls 2.0 | 04 vw jetta wagon gls tdi-pd | 12 vw tiguan se+panoroof+nav

32. Member
      04-02-2012 06:12 PM #67
      Anybody try this on a '12 yet to se eif it helps the trans behaviour?
      There is a money back guarantee

http://www.sprintboostersales.com/de...%20or%20Diesel

04-03-2012 03:44 PM #68
      Good news for the 2012 Tiguan owners in Canada. The below message is from VW of Canada. Fingers crossed that we in the US get this software update as well.

Good afternoon,

The software will be available at our dealerships within the next 2-3 weeks.

Regards,

Julie Zayac
      Customer Service Manager
      Directrice du Service à la Clientèle

Volkswagen Group Canada
      777 Bayly St. W
      Ajax, ON L1S 7G7

34. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan SEL
      04-03-2012 09:25 PM #69
      Good news for the 2012 Tiguan owners in Canada. The below message is from VW of Canada. Fingers crossed that we in the US get this software update as well.

Good afternoon,

The software will be available at our dealerships within the next 2-3 weeks.

Regards,

Julie Zayac
      Customer Service Manager
      Directrice du Service à la Clientèle

Volkswagen Group Canada
      777 Bayly St. W
      Ajax, ON L1S 7G7
      Great news!! Thanks for the update...

04-05-2012 01:44 PM #70
      Based on the info we have from VW of Canada, I asked VW of America if there is a time estimate for the transmission update for U.S. customers. Here is the info I got:

Dear Mr. T:

Thank you for your e-mail reply.

I understand Volkswagen of Canada has provided you with details regarding a possible upcoming transmission update for the Tiguan. I regret information such as the details Volkswagen of Canada provided to you is not made available to the Volkswagen of America’s Customer CARE Center.

As stated in my previous e-mail, we are aware that Volkswagen is working on an adjustment for the transmission. When additional details are available they will be provided to our dealers. I encourage you to remain in contact with your local Volkswagen dealer.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast