VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Local Chevy Dealer smoking crack - $125K Camaro

17K views 95 replies 76 participants last post by  TigerinColorado 
#1 ·
Saw a commercial last night on local tv for this so a buddy and I decided to go take a look. Yes, this thing has an incredible engine in it, some pricy Brembos, and nice wheels, but crap people, who would pour $85K into a $37K car? Sadly, they will have no problem selling it....there are plenty of ******* old men around here that'll write a check for it and then park it in their garage. :banghead:

See less See more
#5 ·
I bet that's not even real Carbon Fiber in engine bay.. Who is going to buy that piece of garbage? I am sorry to bring this into the discussion but here we go..Wouldn't a Mustang 5.0 be close to performance specs vs this car, for the fraction of the price? The Mustang would also look nicer than this tacky Camaro.
At least it has more than 151 lb/ft, so it should meet your requirements :heart:

#12 · (Edited)
It appears this is the SLP ZL1. I guess it's some sort of 750 horse kit based off the SS:

So, you’ve oogled and oggled to your heart’s content over the 550 horsepower 2012 Chevy Camaro ZL1. There’s no shame in that. But what if we told you that another ZL1 already exists — and it’s much more powerful?

Enter the SLP Performance Camaro ZL1, a highly modified version of the Chevy Camaro SS that sports a revised exterior and interior and –most importantly — an SLP TVS 2300 supercharger with 10 lbs. of boost that helps crank the horsepower rating up to 11 12 at 750 ponies.

While the SLP ZL1 is technically the unofficial version, we’re told that General Motors has no beef with the tuning company selling the car under the ZL1 name. After all, it seems worthy enough to carry the title. The cost of the SLP ZL1 will set consumers back $80,000 plus the cost of a stock Camaro SS. For more information on the modified missile of muscle, head over to SLP’s website.
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2011/02...ke-on-the-zl1-camaro-produces-750-horsepower/

I don't think they are even making a lot of money on this thing.:laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.