Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Results 651 to 675 of 965

    Thread: Need help piecing together a BT setup

    1. Member formerly silveratljetta's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 6th, 2007
      Posts
      14,492
      Vehicles
      2001 Audi TT Quattro
      06-24-2012 12:28 PM #651
      Do the kinetic instructions include a step where it says take a crowbar to the firewall

    2. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 23rd, 2009
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      618
      Vehicles
      2001 Jetta Wolfsburg Edition
      06-24-2012 02:58 PM #652
      Quote Originally Posted by formerly silveratljetta View Post
      Do the kinetic instructions include a step where it says take a crowbar to the firewall
      instructions?
      CTS/Kinetic Top Mount Kit (Garrett GT3071R), Eurodyne Maestro 630cc, Siemens 630cc Injectors, Walbro GSS340 In-tank, New South Column Mount Boost Gauge, TT/R32 Control Arm Bushings, 18x8 ASA AR1's wrapped in Continental Extreme Contact DWS, BFI Stage 2 Dogbone Inserts, Eurojet Street FMIC, 42DD Stealth Catch Can, BFI Stage 1 Engine and Transmission Mounts, 42DD 3in. Turboback Exhaust, TSI Ignition Coils w/ IE Adapter Plates

    3. Member travis_gli's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 31st, 2008
      Location
      Colonial Park, PA
      Posts
      3,050
      Vehicles
      '05 Volkswagen Jetta GLI
      06-24-2012 03:20 PM #653
      I'm running two springs for 20 psi. Call me brave.

      I ran across one major issue on first start hence why my car is sitting at the garage right now because I ran out of time to work on it. The oil return line was leaking a fair amount of oil at the turbo. So I'm thinking the line will need replaced. Also from what I was told it's blowing a small amount of smoke on gear shifts. Not a major concern as I was contemplating replacing the precision down the road anyway.

      I didn't have time to get the Walbro in or fine tune anything however it fired right up. Idle was a bit rough but nowhere near bad. It drove nice with no problems other than those I listed. I'm calling it a semi success.

    4. 06-24-2012 04:19 PM #654
      Please tell me you primed that Turbo before startup Travis
      Quote Originally Posted by gdoggmoney View Post
      There's been too much butt sniffing before this dog fight.
      PagPartsTurbo www.speeding-g60.com INTEGRATEDengineering

    5. Member Big_Tom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 19th, 2007
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      12,574
      Vehicles
      01 Jetta Wolfsburg Ed, 04 Jetta GLI 24v 6spd
      06-24-2012 04:41 PM #655
      Quote Originally Posted by travis_gli View Post
      I'm running two springs for 20 psi. Call me brave.

      I ran across one major issue on first start hence why my car is sitting at the garage right now because I ran out of time to work on it. The oil return line was leaking a fair amount of oil at the turbo. So I'm thinking the line will need replaced. Also from what I was told it's blowing a small amount of smoke on gear shifts. Not a major concern as I was contemplating replacing the precision down the road anyway.

      I didn't have time to get the Walbro in or fine tune anything however it fired right up. Idle was a bit rough but nowhere near bad. It drove nice with no problems other than those I listed. I'm calling it a semi success.
      do you have an oil return gasket in there? also, no surprise it smokes between shifts it's a PTE
      My Thread Fk AK Coilovers, Full 3" Exhaust, Custom FMIC, Forge Evo14 BOV, Forge Unos MBC, Forge Throttle Body Hose, Prothane Dog Bone Mount, BFI STG 1 Eng/Trans Mounts, Sachs VR6 Clutch Kit, TT Short Shifter, Siemens 630s, Walbro 255, DBB Garrett 50 Trim Turbo Kit, Eurodyne 630cc MAFLESS PAGPARTS FTW -- STEVEBILT.COM -- Integrated Engineering -- FourSeasonTuning.com Don't Buy Anything From *ChunkyPeanuts*

    6. Member schwartzmagic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 29th, 2007
      Location
      MIA
      Posts
      7,175
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta TDI; 05 VW Jetta GLI 5857BT
      06-24-2012 09:11 PM #656
      Quote Originally Posted by Big_Tom View Post
      do you have an oil return gasket in there? also, no surprise it smokes between shifts it's a PTE
      Come on Tom... Enough with the PTE smoking crap... I'm almost at 2 years with mine. No smoking whatsoever. Blah :p

      Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

    7. Member Big_Tom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 19th, 2007
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      12,574
      Vehicles
      01 Jetta Wolfsburg Ed, 04 Jetta GLI 24v 6spd
      06-24-2012 10:12 PM #657
      Quote Originally Posted by schwartzmagic View Post
      Come on Tom... Enough with the PTE smoking crap... I'm almost at 2 years with mine. No smoking whatsoever. Blah :p

      Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
      don't get mad i see mad PTE's smoking a lot of times they do it's a fact.
      My Thread Fk AK Coilovers, Full 3" Exhaust, Custom FMIC, Forge Evo14 BOV, Forge Unos MBC, Forge Throttle Body Hose, Prothane Dog Bone Mount, BFI STG 1 Eng/Trans Mounts, Sachs VR6 Clutch Kit, TT Short Shifter, Siemens 630s, Walbro 255, DBB Garrett 50 Trim Turbo Kit, Eurodyne 630cc MAFLESS PAGPARTS FTW -- STEVEBILT.COM -- Integrated Engineering -- FourSeasonTuning.com Don't Buy Anything From *ChunkyPeanuts*

    8. Member travis_gli's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 31st, 2008
      Location
      Colonial Park, PA
      Posts
      3,050
      Vehicles
      '05 Volkswagen Jetta GLI
      06-25-2012 08:04 AM #658
      Didn't know I was suppose to prime it... it's a used turbo... I did crank it a little and let off before actually turning it completely over. However probably not near enough to actually prime it. I feel like a total dumb@ss at this point. Could that have caused enough damage for the turbo to blow oil?

      It appears to be leaking somewhere in the AN fitting to the turbo. I ran out of time yesterday so she's sitting at the garage waiting for them to have a look. If it keeps smoking I'm buying a Garrett or having it rebuilt.

      EDIT: After reading a few different opinions over the intertubez I feel comfortable that me not priming it isn't the cause of it blowing oil. If anything its because its a used Precision. I won't get into the details that I have read.
      Last edited by travis_gli; 06-25-2012 at 09:01 AM.

    9. Member formerly silveratljetta's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 6th, 2007
      Posts
      14,492
      Vehicles
      2001 Audi TT Quattro
      06-25-2012 10:08 AM #659
      installer error

    10. Member travis_gli's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 31st, 2008
      Location
      Colonial Park, PA
      Posts
      3,050
      Vehicles
      '05 Volkswagen Jetta GLI
      06-25-2012 10:33 AM #660
      Quote Originally Posted by formerly silveratljetta View Post
      installer error
      Being that its a used turbo there was still oil in there from the previous install. I doubt it would have caused that much harm. I'm going to run it and if it gets worse probably pull it and have it rebuilt.

    11. 06-25-2012 11:08 AM #661
      In the future always prime the turbo no matter new or used.

    12. Member codergfx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 10th, 2009
      Location
      Cali
      Posts
      1,944
      Vehicles
      03 GTI GT3076r, 03 JETTA K03, 03 AUDI A4 GT3076R
      06-25-2012 11:18 AM #662
      Quote Originally Posted by Twopnt016v View Post
      In the future always prime the turbo no matter new or used.
      Used precision though is meh been there lll
      MY BUILD | 2003 Volkswagen GTI 1.8T | CTT - Carrot Top Tuning - GT3076r, 3" to 2.5" turboback exhaust (vbanded), Tial 38mm wastegate, fx400 6 puck, Peloquin LSD, VF Poly Engine Mounts, Greddy Profec B Type II, walbro 255 inline fuel pump, ID1600cc @ 3bar running on e85. AMB head, AWD bottom end. 434whp 369wtq @ 30psi (OLD: 383 whp 333wtq @ 23 psi)

    13. Member travis_gli's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 31st, 2008
      Location
      Colonial Park, PA
      Posts
      3,050
      Vehicles
      '05 Volkswagen Jetta GLI
      06-25-2012 11:23 AM #663
      We all make mistakes.

    14. 06-25-2012 11:41 AM #664
      Quote Originally Posted by codergfx View Post
      Used precision though is meh been there lll
      Its best to prime...period.

    15. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2004
      Location
      Stanceville
      Posts
      4,109
      Vehicles
      94 Jetta scrapin pinch welds
      06-25-2012 11:42 AM #665
      Not terribly sure on turbo priming logic.

      Shut your car off, pull your oil feed line. Does oil pour out of the filter housing and back out the line? Not on any of the BT cars I have owned.

      Now that doesn't mean there is not some in the line left further down where it doesn't curve, up and over but I bet some drains back.

      I've had my oil line off at least 6-7 time and it never leaks massive amounts, on the turbo side maybe a drop or two. Same for the oil filter housing side......

      Food for thought. Oh and my 3076 does not smoke, has no play and is peachy keen still.

      By the time it fires up, after a few good cranks you will have oil in that line. Someone start their car with the line off the filter housing and take a video

    16. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2004
      Location
      Stanceville
      Posts
      4,109
      Vehicles
      94 Jetta scrapin pinch welds
      06-25-2012 11:52 AM #666
      Quote Originally Posted by T-Boy View Post
      Always a good thing to try and reduce under hood temp. Won't kill you if you don't, but it'll keep things like wiring harness, plastic rain tray, and rubber/silicone lines from getting super heated and cooled (constant extreme heat cycles deteriorate things).
      Actually it can. Enough glowing red turbo will set off the firewall insulation blanket material BEHIND the aluminum layer.


      Just ask how I know!

    17. Member T-Boy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 16th, 2003
      Location
      ATL
      Posts
      6,959
      06-25-2012 12:02 PM #667
      Quote Originally Posted by gdoggmoney View Post
      Actually it can. Enough glowing red turbo will set off the firewall insulation blanket material BEHIND the aluminum layer.


      Just ask how I know!
      Well anything is possible, but for the majority of people (at least from past experiences) that didn't wrap haven't had too many issues. Can oil drips cause a fire? Sure just ask Stu... I've seen stock cars catch fire also, but most have been pretty isolated incidents and not too common.
      APR Stage 3071R+

    18. Member travis_gli's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 31st, 2008
      Location
      Colonial Park, PA
      Posts
      3,050
      Vehicles
      '05 Volkswagen Jetta GLI
      06-25-2012 12:20 PM #668
      Updated the signature.

      Also what should I do about my injectors? The connectors are completely different but they still fit in one another and make full contact. Do they make some sort of adapter?

      EDIT: I believe I need these?
      http://www.034motorsport.com/fuel-in...4-p-20128.html
      Last edited by travis_gli; 06-25-2012 at 12:33 PM.

    19. Member formerly silveratljetta's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 6th, 2007
      Posts
      14,492
      Vehicles
      2001 Audi TT Quattro
      06-25-2012 12:39 PM #669
      Quote Originally Posted by travis_gli View Post
      Being that its a used turbo there was still oil in there from the previous install. I doubt it would have caused that much harm. I'm going to run it and if it gets worse probably pull it and have it rebuilt.
      I wasn't being serious. If the turbo was bad it would smoke all the time not just between shifts

    20. 06-25-2012 12:48 PM #670
      Quote Originally Posted by travis_gli View Post
      Updated the signature.

      Also what should I do about my injectors? The connectors are completely different but they still fit in one another and make full contact. Do they make some sort of adapter?

      EDIT: I believe I need these?
      http://www.034motorsport.com/fuel-in...4-p-20128.html
      Yep - USCAR > Jetronic adapters for the 550s.

    21. Member travis_gli's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 31st, 2008
      Location
      Colonial Park, PA
      Posts
      3,050
      Vehicles
      '05 Volkswagen Jetta GLI
      06-25-2012 01:05 PM #671
      Soooo... you don't really save money getting the 550's.

    22. Member formerly silveratljetta's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 6th, 2007
      Posts
      14,492
      Vehicles
      2001 Audi TT Quattro
      06-25-2012 01:31 PM #672
      Quote Originally Posted by travis_gli View Post
      Soooo... you don't really save money getting the 550's.
      No just headaches

    23. Member travis_gli's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 31st, 2008
      Location
      Colonial Park, PA
      Posts
      3,050
      Vehicles
      '05 Volkswagen Jetta GLI
      06-25-2012 01:45 PM #673
      I wouldn't say headaches. It idled like a champ on first start up. And I only ran it for maybe 2 minutes.

    24. 06-25-2012 03:00 PM #674
      Proper spray pattern = one less thing to tune around.
      Quote Originally Posted by gdoggmoney View Post
      There's been too much butt sniffing before this dog fight.
      PagPartsTurbo www.speeding-g60.com INTEGRATEDengineering

    25. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2004
      Location
      Stanceville
      Posts
      4,109
      Vehicles
      94 Jetta scrapin pinch welds
      06-25-2012 03:32 PM #675
      I have two sets of 630's. Both drive entirely different and idle entirely different on the same tune.


      630's vary highly in response time, dead time and output for a given known pulsewidth near and under 2ms.

    Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •