Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: My Fox Wagon aka Hello Fox Fiend.

1. Member
      02-22-2012 10:32 PM #1
      I picked up an 88 wagon for about 200$ from a friend who ended up with a new truck. Long story short, I have been saving up for a new car and using the fox as my driver. The fox has been strong only needing a valve gasket cover and is burning oil over so slowly.

My epiphany came when I realized, I don't need a new car...or a car payment.

What I'm wanting to do is turn my fox into my car to love for a long long time.

What are some easy power mods or upgrades? I dont have any mechanical skills but I do have a few older VW mechanics that take care of me for a very good price.

Also would it be possible to install a rabbit grill with the round lights? Or something similar?

Vehicles
      90 Audi S8coupe, 90 Fox Wagon, wife's 2008 CW R32, kid's 89 2l 16V gli, 2010 Jetta TDI
      02-22-2012 10:45 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by Ouchmybeard View Post
      I picked up an 88 wagon for about 200$ from a friend who ended up with a new truck. Long story short, I have been saving up for a new car and using the fox as my driver. The fox has been strong only needing a valve gasket cover and is burning oil over so slowly.

My epiphany came when I realized, I don't need a new car...or a car payment.

What I'm wanting to do is turn my fox into my car to love for a long long time.

What are some easy power mods or upgrades? I dont have any mechanical skills but I do have a few older VW mechanics that take care of me for a very good price.

Also would it be possible to install a rabbit grill with the round lights? Or something similar?

Do A Search. You will find all the answers, without us repeating them again.

Greg W.
      They have my car when they pry my dead cold fingers from the steering wheel.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      1993 Volkswagen Fox 4-door; 1988 Volkswagen Fox Wagon
      02-22-2012 10:48 PM #3
      Once maintenance and repairs are done, these cars make excellent, reliable drivers with a few upgrades.

Even if you dump a few grand into making it reliable and fun, you still come out ahead if you use it every day and hang on to it for a few years.

Post pics when you get a chance.

Edit: Check out the FAQ section near the top of the Fox Forum's main page for info about upgrades, etc.
      Last edited by novws; 02-22-2012 at 10:59 PM.