VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

What did you do to your 2.5L today?

432K views 3K replies 242 participants last post by  DerekH 
#1 · (Edited)
This thread is long overdue. We all know that the MKV forum is flooded with dimwits :p

Today I installed my BFI torque arm insert and stg 1 transmission insert. Install was a breeze and thanks BFI for such a fast turnaround. Shifts feel much smoother and the engine feels less sloppy. There are a bit of vibrations in the cabin but it should settle down once they break (mainly the transmission insert) in. :thumbup:

#43 ·
Bendy-straw breathing aparatus delete

Being a vw owner for only 44k miles now, i hadnt really gotten a chance to do anything to 'Jett-Li'. And when i saw the price of a certain 2.5 intake retailing for $280, i was a bit dismayed to say the least.. 280!?
So, after warming the engine up a little and prying off the cover, i discovered the maze-like route for air (barely) getting into the engine- not enough i say. I unplugged the two hoses that attach to the black plastic bend before the MAF, and removed the air shroud attached to the back of the grille- so i came up with those two parts as extras. One 3",90° silicone bend, and two hose clamps from the Saab later- the Jett feels and sounds cooler than before! $280.. for an intake?? YUH right. how 'bout $4.99 for two hose clamps, and an extra k&N lying around the garage?

#65 ·
My one inner taillight decided to fall out today. I have aftermarket ones and I guess the nuts on the bolts backed all the way out and fell off inside my hatch from all the vibrations over time. I got some new ones and replaced them. One had also fallen off the bolt of one of my outter taillights so I replaced that one too and torqued em all down pretty good.

#75 ·
hahahaha yeah me too exept ive only had mine for maybe 6 months. still, ive put it off long enough.

#82 ·
Tried to install EVOM CAI, but failed (2nd try). Apparently, EVOM didn't consider that the '09 car don't have MAF. Therefore, I tried to install a rubber hose where that MAF supposed to go, annnnnd the result was disappointing. :(
I think I might do away with CAI

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.