Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Quantum, to buy or not to buy??? 800 buckerooos

1. 02-23-2012 02:43 PM #1
      Looking at what i thought was the syncro 2.2 liter inline 5... but it's just a fwd, no roof rack and black rims... so no goodies. interior is O.K. body is O.K. .... and apparently in solid running condition - except you can't put gas in it, something is clogged. so i might not be able to test drive it if we can't gas it up.

I junked my a4 last night so now i need a new DD until i fixxxer

This is it http://i.imgur.com/j6EZo.jpg

Thoughts and Opinions Please

Vehicles
      1985 Volkswagen Scirocco, 1997 Jetta glx(R.I.P.) 2000 Jetta
      02-23-2012 06:40 PM #2
      they are a pain in the ass to get parts for and unless you work on them yourself its even more expensive. my dad is a 45 year vw tech and he wont take one of those if it was free

3. 02-25-2012 04:18 PM #3
      Sometime back around '83 I was looking to buy a new Rabbit (which I did). The salesman was a former high school teacher of a friend of mine (hence the contact) and basically told me that those who bought Quantums got f'd. IIRC, there was a lot of Audi architecture in them, and they weren't very reliable and expensive to take care of. Can't get gas in the car because "something's clogged" isn't very reassuring.

4. 02-28-2012 09:54 PM #4
      Thanks for all the input guys'. Looked around and further into the mechanics of the car.. after i couldn't start it.

Turns out your both absolutely correct.
      No parts, and sketchy. Also ended up having a cracked gas tank on the fill side, which completed my decision.

-Kyle