Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: MK5 Rabbit - Car Cover

Vehicles
      08 Rabbit 2.5T
      02-23-2012 03:35 PM #1
      Hey all, I am looking to find a nice quality car cover for my 2008 VW Rabbit. I was hoping could receive some feedback and experience from others on this matter. I need one soon, and would like it to hold out all precip (because I know some cheap ones get soaked and cling to the car), be relatively thick to help against hail / foreign objects, and of course nice to the paint! Also, it would be nice to have some tie down locations, because I do live in a windy city! Have any ideas, and where I could buy one?

Thanks, Pete

2. Banner Advertiser ECS Tuning's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Modified ones
      02-23-2012 04:54 PM #2
      Have a look at our car cover options -

Click Here

http://www.ecstuning.com
      :: Phone: 1.800.924.5172 - Hours: Mon. - Fri. 8:00AM - 11:00PM EST Saturday 10:00AM - 7:00PM EST :: Email: sales@ecstuning.com & customerservice@ecstuning.com :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Live Chat :: Instagram

Vehicles
      2003 Jetta TDI
      02-23-2012 10:42 PM #3
      covercraft has tons of covers and they have a chart so you can pick the one perfect for your specific application
      WTB: PG Jetta rear bumper

Instagram: ermagerd_ian

Vehicles
      08 Rabbit 2.5T
      02-24-2012 09:44 AM #4
      Thanks DieselDubber and ECS...

However, maybe I didnt make myself clear enough. I have done internet searching, but I guess would like personal experience on this. Covers people bought, experiences on options and thickness, etc. Most sites don't show or give enough information in my option.

Thanks, Pete

5. 02-24-2012 11:47 AM #5
      I have covers for all our cars. I use one at the airport when I travel. Most of mine are CoverCraft.

For outdoor use I prefer the Evolution 4 material. It's 4 layers thick so it helps with door dings, tree branches, etc. It is bulky but that's the price you pay for ding protection.

Hope this helps.

Vehicles
      2007 VW GTI, 2007 Lexus IS250
      02-26-2012 02:52 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by Atömic View Post
      Thanks DieselDubber and ECS...

However, maybe I didnt make myself clear enough. I have done internet searching, but I guess would like personal experience on this. Covers people bought, experiences on options and thickness, etc. Most sites don't show or give enough information in my option.

Thanks, Pete

I can help with that! I have the genuine VW car cover for my GTI. I bought it a few years ago when it was actually rather expensive. I'm sure it has come down in price. It's a very good quality cover, even has a clear rectangle for the license plate. I am pretty sure it is the same one that would be for a Rabbit, fit like a glove.

Here is the official VW site for their covers:
      http://www.vwcarcovers.com

The part number for mine was 1K0061205H.
      Last edited by derekjl; 02-26-2012 at 02:55 AM.
      Need VAG-COM work in CNY? PM me!

OEM+

7. 02-26-2012 06:27 AM #7
      ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog -TOGWT