Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: SALE: H&R Sport Springs - $264.95 with free shipping!

1. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      Euro Whips
      02-23-2012 04:57 PM #1

THE DEALIO:

H&R Springs are high quality German made products - they will not set or sag, they are designed and manufactured to be strong, resilient, and more durable than other automotive coil springs on the market. All H&R Springs are crafted from a special (HF) 54SiCr6 spring steel to ensure premium quality and performance. H&R Springs shot-peens their springs to increase the spring's life by more than 200%. All production is completed in-house so H&R can ensure the quality of their products (no out-sourcing). Each spring is 100% tested before leaving H&R's ISO9001 certified production facility in Germany.

H&R Sport Spring kits are H&R's number one selling product. Enhance the look of your vehicle with a reduced fender well gap. H&R Sport Springs provide a lower center of gravity and reduce body roll for better handling. The progressive spring rate design provides superb ride quality and comfort. A lower wind resistance signature will make the vehicle more streamlined and improve gas mileage. If you are only looking to improve one part of your vehicle’s suspension, you cannot go wrong with installing sport springs. Fun to drive, H&R Sport Springs are the number one upgrade for your vehicle. Being 100% German made means something -Wir ueberlassen nichts dem Zufall! Hoechste Sicherheitsstandards mit TÜV Siegel! - H&R LEAVES NOTHING TO CHANCE!! Highest quality assurance standards with TÜV certification! Lowering is approximately 1.5" in the front and 1.5" in the rear.

HOW TO ORDER:

Click HERE to place your order for the 50361 springs from H&R - $264.95 with free shipping!

CANADIAN INQUIRIES:

For shipping quotes to Canada, simply add the 50361 to your basket on our site shipping options will appear.

OUTSIDE NORTH AMERICA INQUIRIES:

Please click HERE for shipping, policies and procedure for international customers outside the Continental US or Canada.

2. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      Euro Whips
      02-23-2012 04:57 PM #2
      Local San Antonio and Austin customers can come in and pick up their springs for $249.95!

Vehicles
      2012 Ibis B8 S4 Prestige 6MT
      02-25-2012 01:17 PM #3
      What is the drop with these springs?

4. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      Euro Whips
      02-25-2012 01:43 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by MrFunk View Post
      What is the drop with these springs?
      It's in the first post.

Vehicles
      02-25-2012 03:28 PM #5
      Gonna make me work for it huh?

6. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      Euro Whips
      03-06-2012 10:19 PM #6
      Gonna make me work for it huh?
      Lowering is approximately 1.5" in the front and 1.5" in the rear. We often respond via mobile; that's why.

Vehicles
      03-20-2012 08:13 PM #7
      Controversial question that I'd love answered from the source:

Will just installing the springs and keeping stock shocks cause pre-mature failure of the shocks? I've heard it's not a good idea to only replace the springs because the shocks will be operating at a range that they are not designed to be...

I had a 2000 GTI and lowered it about 1.5 inches with Neusport springs - the shocks failed after 2 years and was told by the dealership that it was due to the fact I had lowering springs on stock shocks... I'd especially hate that to happen with my S4...

Vehicles
      '10 S4 | '91 MR2 Turbo
      03-22-2012 06:30 PM #8
      Controversial question that I'd love answered from the source:

Will just installing the springs and keeping stock shocks cause pre-mature failure of the shocks? I've heard it's not a good idea to only replace the springs because the shocks will be operating at a range that they are not designed to be...
      I believe the answer is yes.

If you go to H&R's website and buy just the "OE sport" or "sport" springs for a B8 S4 (I chose 2012), there's a note (#40) that says:

Performance aftermarket shocks or struts are highly recommended in this application.
      I translate that as saying "our sport springs aren't designed to work with your stock shocks." That's why I went with a cup kit for my GTI...the shocks and springs were designed together so there's no risk of the shocks failing. I just gave up the ability to adjust them, but I was OK with that and saved almost $800.

But if you buy their "super sport" springs, there's no warning so those must be compatible with the stock shocks.

Vehicles
      03-22-2012 09:09 PM #9
      Yeah this is my understanding. I think many people are not aware of this...

The supersport suspension - is that no drop just stiffer suspension?

Vehicles
      '10 S4 | '91 MR2 Turbo
      03-22-2012 09:18 PM #10
      The super sport has a drop of ~1.5" in the front and ~2.0" in the rear.

Vehicles
      03-23-2012 11:59 AM #11
      Well that is weird that there is no note with that one also stating that performance struts and shocks recommended. Maybe they forgot?