Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: FS 92 GTI VR6 Monty Chico, CA

1. 02-23-2012 06:18 PM #1
      SOLD

Tough times have forced me to sell my Monty. I took it to the shop to have some minor things done and now it makes noise in 2nd and 3rd gear and there's a transmission leak (rear main seal) I can't find a reliable mechanic in town I trust with this car and frankly I don't have the money to fix it now.

It starts, stops, runs, and drives but because of the leak and noise I would recommend a trailer. I could help facilitate that if need be. I'd like to see someone get it and fix it up like I always wanted to...

The swap was taken out of a 92 Corrado, so all the parts are Corrado except for the front brakes, which are 11.3" from the DE Mk3 gti.
      Unsure on mileage, odo is just under 50k, previous seller told me that was about the mileage the swap had one it.
      LSD (not sure of brand, peloquin iirc)
      New clutch master and slave cylinder
      Car is CARB legal with sticker.
      Registration is good until June, all fees are paid but I will not smog.
      Front and rear strut bars
      Aftermarket headers
      GIAC Chip
      CAI

Tires are good, could use a rotation as the rears are newer.
      Needs windshield

Car has mostly lived in CA but I had the car out in Colorado for two months of winter. There is a dent in the driver's side fender from a plow or hit and run. I have most of the trim except for one sideskirt and one wheel arch. Here's a pic from when I was in CO, I'll take some new pics soon:

$2000 is what I'd like to get, maybe I'm dreaming. Money talks so let me know.

Questions can be posted here so I can update everyone or sent through IM.
      Last edited by jduarte; 03-21-2012 at 08:07 PM.

2. 02-23-2012 07:35 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by jduarte View Post
      Tough times have forced me to sell my Monty. I took it to the shop to have some minor things done and now it makes noise in 2nd and 3rd gear and there's a transmission leak (rear main seal) I can't find a reliable mechanic in town I trust with this car and frankly I don't have the money to fix it now.

It starts, stops, runs, and drives but because of the leak and noise I would recommend a trailer. I could help facilitate that if need be. I'd like to see someone get it and fix it up like I always wanted to...

The swap was taken out of a 92 Corrado, so all the parts are Corrado except for the front brakes, which are 11.3" from the DE Mk3 gti.
      Unsure on mileage, odo is just under 50k, previous seller told me that was about the mileage the swap had one it.
      LSD (not sure of brand, peloquin iirc)
      New clutch master and slave cylinder
      Car is CARB legal with sticker.
      Registration is good until June, all fees are paid but I will not smog.

Tires are good, could use a rotation as the rears are newer.
      Needs windshield

Car has mostly lived in CA but I had the car out in Colorado for two months of winter. There is a dent in the driver's side fender from a plow or hit and run. I have most of the trim except for one sideskirt and one wheel arch. Here's a pic from when I was in CO, I'll take some new pics soon:

$2000 is what I'd like to get, maybe I'm dreaming. Money talks so let me know.

Questions can be posted here so I can update everyone or sent through IM.
      Sad that you can't keep the car, but hopefully someone can keep it running. Is it reg'd in California or Colorado? There's a lot of VR trannies on craigslist out here, maybe just bring it out here, drop a tranny in it? Want to trade it for something? heh.

Bump for a cool car and a good guy. You could always park it at my house in SSF and do payments? I might be interested, hit me up, red.r32@gmail.com.

3. 02-24-2012 12:34 AM #3
      Hey Ermin,

It's reg'd here in CA. Even if I found a trans, I don't have anyone I trust in town to wrench on it. If I had the money I'd fight selling a little longer and fix it. I just really need the cash.

4. 02-24-2012 02:14 AM #4
      Chico's quite a hike, but I'm interested, and want to keep it "in the family" so to speak. Hit me up, red.r32@gmail.com, maybe we can work something out.

5. 02-24-2012 01:04 PM #5
      Hey bro take it to rsmotorsports in arvada, joel is the guy. Or post up on edition719 forum.

6. 02-24-2012 09:29 PM #6
      I'm in Chico, CA. Hence the title.

Pics taken yesterday:

7. 02-25-2012 02:28 AM #7
      Ouch, what happened to the driver's side front? too much doriftooo? hahah

8. 02-25-2012 08:35 PM #8
      It was a plow or hit and run when I was in CO, I'm guessing plow but I really couldn't say

9. 02-25-2012 11:40 PM #9
      Oh wow. I miss my old monty VRT and tranny swap is not that hard either. Get it Erms, if only I have a place to store this I'd swap everything to my new alpine white mk2

10. 02-28-2012 06:11 PM #10
      I've replied to everyone (I hope). Let's find my baby a good home

Here's interior. I have a headunit, but someone stole the faceplate off of it

and the rusting around the hood. The paint has peeled around the indentation on the hood, the rest of the hood still looks pretty good (when it's not so dirty)

Last edited by jduarte; 02-28-2012 at 06:59 PM.

11. 03-06-2012 01:00 AM #11
      Bump still FS

12. 03-06-2012 03:56 AM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by jduarte View Post
      Bump still FS
      The other guy flaked? I'm still thinking of this car, believe me

13. 03-06-2012 09:13 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by lunisport View Post
      The other guy flaked? I'm still thinking of this car, believe me
      Yeah it went from Friday to weekend to Monday to no show

14. 03-21-2012 08:07 PM #14
      Sold,