Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: i need some help

1. 02-23-2012 06:38 PM #1
      im new to all this and hope im in the right place.iv got a mk2 golf with a 2e engine and i want to stick power steering on it will the mk2 power steering fit. if i can will i have to do any mods thanks guys 4 any help

2. Member
      Vehicles
      92 Jetta GLI 1.6TD Ripper (VNT20 Turbo), 86 GTI (Wolfsburg Golf), 86 Audi Coupe GT
      02-23-2012 07:39 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by jackson1234 View Post
      im new to all this and hope im in the right place.iv got a mk2 golf with a 2e engine and i want to stick power steering on it will the mk2 power steering fit. if i can will i have to do any mods thanks guys 4 any help
      will mk2 power steering fit on a mk2? for real dude, you had to ask?

you need to swap your manual rack for a power rack, obviously, then install all the lines and brackets, as well as the pulley and pump.. you also need to switch the u-joint at the end of the steering shaft..

the only time you even notice the power steering, is if you have a broken arm, or you are parking, or making turns under 2 mph..

besides that, driving down the road, absolutely no difference. i feel that the manual steering is easier to drive when up to speed. you also get more feedback from the manual steering.. feedback is desirable to me, but to most it may not be..