Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sidemarkers !

Vehicles
      Golf R
      03-01-2012 11:11 AM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by scottgpt88 View Post
      Awesome! Did you purchase clear or smoke? Can't wait for my led's to get in ... Its going to be a must do if you have clear sidemarkers !
      clears ... I like the white/blue car look better than the smoked ...I'll post up some pics this weekend as well I think
      Previous: '95 Talon AWD 2.0T | '98 GTI 2.0 | '00 Jetta 2.0 | '02 GLI 2.8 | '07 GTI 2.0T | '09 GLI 2.0T | '00 A4 2.8 | '04 R32 3.2 | '12 R 2.0T | '01 S4 2.7TT | '14 ST 1.6T | '12 R 2.0T

2. Banner Advertiser ECS Tuning's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Modified Ones
      03-01-2012 11:17 AM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by scottgpt88 View Post
      None at all they fit perfect ! Very pleased with my purchase. Love ecstuning !
      Quote Originally Posted by brakedust View Post
      I ordered my set last night at 4-5PM ... and they shipped immediately, tracking showed a delivery of Friday, and this is with their free ground shipping from UPS.

2 days time WOW
      Quote Originally Posted by Yunque05 View Post
      Just ordered mine as well. Smoked that is..
      Thanks for the orders / Feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by brakedust View Post
      clears ... I like the white/blue car look better than the smoked ...I'll post up some pics this weekend as well I think

http://www.ecstuning.com
      :: Phone: 1.800.924.5172 - Hours: Mon. - Fri. 8:00AM - 11:00PM EST Saturday 10:00AM - 7:00PM EST :: Email: sales@ecstuning.com & customerservice@ecstuning.com :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Live Chat :: Instagram :: Customer Reviews

Vehicles
      2013 PGM Jetta Hybrid SEL Premium
      03-01-2012 12:37 PM #53
      Probably going to go with clear and he LEDs.. Curious... Is there any way to change the blinker in the headlight housing to LED? Along with the LED taillights, there would be no more traditional lighting
      2013 Jetta Hybrid SEL Premium Platinum Grey Metallic- Current
      2012 Golf R Candy White Sunroof/Nav- Sold 2012 Golf R Candy WhiteSunroof/Nav-Sold Twice
      2006 Jetta GLI PKG#2 DSG- Sold
      2005 GTI 1.8T Reflex Silver- Sold
      2005 Golf GLS Indigo Blue- Sold

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf .:R
      03-01-2012 01:36 PM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by JLCVDUB View Post
      Probably going to go with clear and he LEDs.. Curious... Is there any way to change the blinker in the headlight housing to LED? Along with the LED taillights, there would be no more traditional lighting
      I like this idea but I'm staying with the yellow blinker in the headlight because with my blue tint it turns to a gnarly green ... So what I'm going to do us also put blue tint on my mirror led's so they will be uniform ... As for tail lights I love that idea... That would be really sweet !

5. Banner Advertiser ECS Tuning's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Modified Ones
      03-01-2012 01:42 PM #55
      City Light LED

Please click the photo below -

Last edited by ECS Tuning; 03-01-2012 at 02:30 PM.

:: Phone: 1.800.924.5172 - Hours: Mon. - Fri. 8:00AM - 11:00PM EST Saturday 10:00AM - 7:00PM EST :: Email: sales@ecstuning.com & customerservice@ecstuning.com :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Live Chat :: Instagram :: Customer Reviews

Vehicles
      03-01-2012 01:50 PM #56
      The R is a little different as the spot where the high beam would normally be is the round amber blinker.. Those lights don't look the same.
      2012 Golf R Candy White Sunroof/Nav- Sold 2012 Golf R Candy WhiteSunroof/Nav-Sold Twice

Vehicles
      '12 Golf R 2Dr Black
      03-01-2012 01:51 PM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by ECS Tuning View Post
      Got it!

Is that light the blinker on the R? Isn't that light the DRL on the GTI?

8. Banner Advertiser ECS Tuning's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Modified Ones
      03-01-2012 02:26 PM #58
      The R is a little different as the spot where the high beam would normally be is the round amber blinker.. Those lights don't look the same.
      Quote Originally Posted by ecirwin View Post
      Is that light the blinker on the R? Isn't that light the DRL on the GTI?

Sorry fixed, link above is the City Light for the Golf R

Looking into LED blinkers also - keep posted!
      Last edited by ECS Tuning; 03-01-2012 at 02:33 PM.

Vehicles
      03-01-2012 04:34 PM #59
      Sorry fixed, link above is the City Light for the Golf R

Looking into LED blinkers also - keep posted!
      Okay, cool. Would like to keep it Amber just like the Audi LED blinker:thumb up:

I've never seen those City Lights on...

10. Member
      Vehicles
      '13.5 Platinum Grey GLI Autobahn w/ Nav, '12 Black Passat 2.5 SE W/ Nav, '12 Golf R Stg 2+ (Sold)
      03-02-2012 01:40 AM #60
      Those city lights are awesome. Is coding and a euro switch needed to take advantage of this mod?

11. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf .:R
      03-02-2012 11:54 AM #61
      Here is a full side view of the car with clear sidemarkers on RBM. Also If you notice I did my mirror LEDs blue tint as well !

And here is what the turn signals and hazards look like with blue tint

---
      I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.527653,-94.764021

12. Member
      Vehicles
      '14 tdi beetle convertible premium
      03-02-2012 08:51 PM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by Yunque05 View Post
      Are there fitment issues with these much like the one from APT?
      Mine don't fit flush. I'll take pics tomorrow during the day. But I'm taking them off, they don't fill the hole, I can grab them from 3 of the corners and they wobble up and down. They are not of the same quality as the amber OEM side markers. If they won't take them back I'll refute the credit card charges.

They came stating they were for a MKV Golf/Jetta, so I called before opening them to ensure they would fit the MKVI R, I was told to call back when there VW guys were working. I asked if I could email or call on Saturday and was to hold and then was disconnected. So I sent a PM last night through vortex and was told:

"The MKV GTI and the Golf R use the same side marker - You got the correct part.

The part # will be different for marketing between the two. Sorry for the confusion."

People speak well of ECS on here, but my first experience with them hasn't been great. Not only did I have to waste time contacting them, now I have to waste time trying to return them and getting my money back.

Vehicles
      08 Touareg VR6
      03-02-2012 10:15 PM #63
      Quote Originally Posted by provenflipper View Post
      Those city lights are awesome. Is coding and a euro switch needed to take advantage of this mod?
      x2
      I like people, just ask my cats!

14. 03-02-2012 11:00 PM #64
      City Light LED

Could you explain this a bit more? Exactly what are you selling - are these bulbs, some kind of kit, etc? On my Golf R, there are no city lights, and I don't see any bulb holders in the headlamp assembly for them.

Vehicles
      Audi D2 S8...
      03-03-2012 01:15 AM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by DerGolfGTI View Post
      Could you explain this a bit more? Exactly what are you selling - are these bulbs, some kind of kit, etc? On my Golf R, there are no city lights, and I don't see any bulb holders in the headlamp assembly for them.
      2nd this question. I'd like more details...
      Current: Golf-R Rising Blue 4-door loaded, Mazda MX-5, several mods #333
      Former: Audi D2 S8 Ming Blue
      Former: VW mkV GTi United Gray, B6 A4 Avant 1.8TQ Atlas Gray
      B5 A4 1.8TQM Santorin Blue J31-K04 Beauty
      B5.5 Passat TDi, Euro model...

16. Member
      Vehicles
      03-03-2012 10:56 AM #66
      Here's the fit of ECS's Clear Side Marker on my R:

Stock side marker fit:

17. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 R CW 4Dr
      03-03-2012 11:47 AM #67
      Quote Originally Posted by emulous View Post
      Here's the fit of ECS's Clear Side Marker on my R:

Stock side marker fit:

If this is how mine will fit, I'm returning my set as well. I have not isntalled it yet, but I would not accept such fitment on $20.00 part that costs doulbe that and its even cheaper than OEM and from what it seems not the best fitment, maybe bad batch?

-Peter

Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      03-03-2012 12:27 PM #68
      Ugh, I am going to install mine tomorrow from ECS - hope they don't look like that...
      2012 Rising Blue Golf R
      APR Stage 3

Vehicles
      Golf R CSG
      03-03-2012 12:36 PM #69
      My APTuning ones looked like that. glad I haven't ordered the ECS one. What the hell?!

Vehicles
      2 Door bugatti coupe...er, i mean Golf Racecar
      03-03-2012 12:38 PM #70
      and this is why i bought oem ones to be color matched
      You Aint About That Life | ETYolo

Ruined Blue Golf | 42 Draft Designs

21. Member
      Vehicles
      03-03-2012 01:41 PM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmastr9 View Post
      and this is why i bought oem ones to be color matched
      Unfortunately I don't want mine color matched, I wanted clear, but at this rate, I'll stick with the oem amber ones.

I'll see and report back what I hear from ECS, hopefully they will handle this professionally.

22. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      08 Ranger XLT, 12 Golf R
      03-03-2012 01:49 PM #72
      I also have quality and fitment issues with the ECS smoked side markers. And have actually had issues on both my first and second shipment. In all fairness, ECS has worked with me up to this point, but I did want to make people aware of the issues I have.

In the first set, the right (passenger) lens was scratched:

ECS immediately sent a replacement set, but the second left (driver) lens had foreign material embedded in it:

So between the two sets, I ended up with one left and one right sidemarker that are cosmetically good. However, neither has very good fitment in comparison to the OEM parts.

The left one sits pronounced and only loosely snaps in place:

The right one is pronounced on the front lower corner but does snap more securely in place:

And I also wanted to point out that the statement on ECS' webpage, "ECS light housings are ultrasonically welded to seal them tight", is misleading and/or inaccurate. Of the 4 pieces I received, none of them were air tight (simply blowing into the light bulb opening to test).

At this point I am leery to try a third set from ECS. APTuning is working on fitment issues with theirs. So far I have only seen positive comments about the ones from OEMPlus (johannes post #25):

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...r-Side-Markers

23. 03-03-2012 02:14 PM #73
      My clear ones do not fit perfectly either - especially around at the front corners. Not as bad as some people posted - no wobble or anything, but they are not perfectly flush like the OEM amber ones.

When I've purchased smoked or clear Hella and Valeo markers in the past, the fit has always been perfect. Perhaps an OEM manufacturer will offer these for the Golf R - I would guess the ECS ones are fab'd in Asia by an aftermarket company.

I'm hoping ECS might have gotten a bad batch and can replace these with ones whose fitments is closer to stock.

If these are as good as the aftermarket ones get, I may consider getting stock ones color matched instead.

Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      03-03-2012 02:49 PM #74
      Bahhhh...I thought the "scratches and embedded debris" look was because mine were still wrapped. Took them out and sure enough, same thing. Also have a small chunk missing around the edge of the left one

I sent ECS an email to begin the RMA process...

Looks like OEM is the only way to go. Guess I'll go color matched or maybe try the laminix route.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_VIR View Post
      I also have quality and fitment issues with the ECS smoked side markers. And have actually had issues on both my first and second shipment. In all fairness, ECS has worked with me up to this point, but I did want to make people aware of the issues I have.

In the first set, the right (passenger) lens was scratched:

ECS immediately sent a replacement set, but the second left (driver) lens had foreign material embedded in it:

So between the two sets, I ended up with one left and one right sidemarker that are cosmetically good. However, neither has very good fitment in comparison to the OEM parts.

The left one sits pronounced and only loosely snaps in place:

The right one is pronounced on the front lower corner but does snap more securely in place:

And I also wanted to point out that the statement on ECS' webpage, "ECS light housings are ultrasonically welded to seal them tight", is misleading and/or inaccurate. Of the 4 pieces I received, none of them were air tight (simply blowing into the light bulb opening to test).

At this point I am leery to try a third set from ECS. APTuning is working on fitment issues with theirs. So far I have only seen positive comments about the ones from OEMPlus (johannes post #25):

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...r-Side-Markers
      2012 Rising Blue Golf R
      APR Stage 3

Vehicles
      Golf R
      03-03-2012 03:45 PM #75
      I ordered a set of clears, just got them yesterday, I will go and install them right now ... I'll take pictures
      Previous: '95 Talon AWD 2.0T | '98 GTI 2.0 | '00 Jetta 2.0 | '02 GLI 2.8 | '07 GTI 2.0T | '09 GLI 2.0T | '00 A4 2.8 | '04 R32 3.2 | '12 R 2.0T | '01 S4 2.7TT | '14 ST 1.6T | '12 R 2.0T

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast