Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: weird boosting

Vehicles
      New 04 pd100 Old setup 94 JTI Vrt 60-1 .58ar exh obd2 440 racefile 20psi/meth
      02-23-2012 09:02 PM #1
      ive got a few issues,

dv whisles in vac comming up to boost then seems to seal (shuts up) it blows off nice and i just lubed it, guessing the bottom oring on the piston is leaking/spring may not be tight enough ?????

Been dicin around with a forge unos mbc and its giving me hard times, seems its pulling vac through the small hole in the side of it, this would mean its sucking air passed the ball?, I inspected it and cleaned the ball but noticed that the seating area seems to have a scratch across it, anyone know forges warrenty policy? i didnt scratch it and i bought it new a few months ago.

More to the point, the car is running a 38mm tial wg with .5bar spring (7.25psi) Ive spun the mbc knob around 10-15(would boost 10 pounds without touching the knob) times and i cant seem to get the car to boost over 10-12 pounds when it gets up around 10 at wot it causes the car to shutter.

Thinking these issues are causing this? or other ideas?

Msd coils, bkr7e .028, 8.5-1 comp hs,
      Coming soon 4dr pd golf on air dipped blue with hitch racks and skid. Real work horse
      Automatic cause shifting short ratio sucks

Vehicles
      New 04 pd100 Old setup 94 JTI Vrt 60-1 .58ar exh obd2 440 racefile 20psi/meth
      02-24-2012 03:56 PM #2
      cleaned and lubed dv again, took apart mbc, too wet to try today though

edit.....ok so fck that boost controller!!!

Photobucket
      Last edited by masterqaz; 02-24-2012 at 05:45 PM.
      Coming soon 4dr pd golf on air dipped blue with hitch racks and skid. Real work horse
      Automatic cause shifting short ratio sucks