02-24-2012 11:36 PM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by das internet View Post
      Ban?

2. 02-24-2012 11:39 PM #52
      Cost should be this -

$49.99

3. 02-24-2012 11:56 PM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by Chris_V View Post
      Because your WORDING implied "something similar to this era car and something somilar to this kind of engine"

And that leaves a HUGE range of variables. The fact that you are upset about this shows you don't KNOW the variables involved and are pissed that we DO know that there are too many variables to give you a pat answer.

So for your initial post, it could be free, and it could be $10k. Depends on those variables.
      Also shows he is not serious as he does not actually have a car to be swapped nor a crate motor in mind.

4. 02-24-2012 11:58 PM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by Chris_V View Post
      Hey buddy, **** off.

I even tried to show you the variables and how much it might be. You obviously have a stick the size of a California redwood up your ass. So again, **** off and die.
      If you read his posts he is clearly Roadtripper.

5. 02-25-2012 12:56 PM #55
      Are you asking for the cost of just putting the motor in a vehicle or the total cost of motor and car?
      As for putting it in the vehicle are you doing it yourself or paying highway robbery for a shop to install suck a simple motor?

Vehicles
      not even sure anymore
      02-25-2012 03:24 PM #56
      I say let this guy just post to himself and disappear. There are enough things on here to stay interested without responding to someone who came to a VW/Audi forum and ask how much to swap a Chevy motor into an older Chevy.

02-25-2012 03:59 PM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by blkgtiberto View Post
      I say let this guy just post to himself and disappear. There are enough things on here to stay interested without responding to someone who came to a VW/Audi forum and ask how much to swap a Chevy motor into an older Chevy.
      This, precisely.

-GP

Vehicles
      76 F100, 87 Bronco, E34 525i, 78 W200, 85 740 Turbo
      02-25-2012 04:06 PM #58
      Not a VW forum. TCL is a general forum. He posted in the right area.
      Quote Originally Posted by Crimping Is Easy View Post
      People always like to throw around words like "no" and "title" or "illegal" or "feds", but at the end of the day, they're just words.

Vehicles
      not even sure anymore
      02-26-2012 02:22 AM #59
      Ok so the fact that he had to click onto the VWVortex.com, then into the forums wouldn't have given him some idea? I know this is general car stuff but as he said himself, he went to another forum and got advice. I know for sure he would have gotten worse at any Honda forum, and likely the same response from many of the more "import" focused forums. After his first response he was just getting the biggest rise out of people here to get a rise in his own pants. Don't defend him just for the sake of it. He had a few serious responses and he chose to focus on the sarcastic ones and that tells me he didn't really care about his original post to begin with.

10. 02-26-2012 02:02 PM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by Air-over-water View Post
      Are you asking for the cost of just putting the motor in a vehicle or the total cost of motor and car?
      As for putting it in the vehicle are you doing it yourself or paying highway robbery for a shop to install suck a simple motor?
      If the shop is fair, the "highway robbery" wouldn't be as bad on a simpler swap. By picking the brains of some of the more adult-like members, I can find what a fairer price would be. Again, if you just answer a question with a question, you probably wouldn't be bringing much to the table regardless. If I can potentially drop only, say, ~1 grand to have the job done professionally, why should I spend several weekends and $xxx on engine lift + misc. tools to do the job unprofessionally myself? Think of the opportunity cost - all the time I will miss posting on the internet with you and battlerabbit just to work on some car.

Vehicles
      DKW Munga
      02-26-2012 02:18 PM #61
      If the shop is fair, the "highway robbery" wouldn't be as bad on a simpler swap. By picking the brains of some of the more adult-like members, I can find what a fairer price would be. Again, if you just answer a question with a question, you probably wouldn't be bringing much to the table regardless. If I can potentially drop only, say, ~1 grand to have the job done professionally, why should I spend several weekends and $xxx on engine lift + misc. tools to do the job unprofessionally myself? Think of the opportunity cost - all the time I will miss posting on the internet with you and battlerabbit just to work on some car.
      Honestly, if you're going from a 283 to a 350 you won't be missing much doing it yourself in terms of quality, as long as you're careful.

But, as much as you bitch about my sarcasm, you ignored the fact that on page one I did give you a serious response. Budget for forty hours. The shop is virtually guaranteed to do better than that, but on the off chance they find something(even something as simple as a broken motor mount), then you have extra money in the budget to pay for parts. If you're getting a fully turnkey crate motor(IE with the intake manifold/carb etc included, unlike the one in your OP) then it will take even less time and money on the shop's end.
      2005 Subaru Forester X/1980 Honda CM400E/1987 Porsche 944S

BattleRabbit takes Pictures!

Vehicles
      2014 VW Jetta TDI 6MT
      02-26-2012 02:41 PM #62
      Instead of putting more effort into posting I will just stop posting.
      Yet...still posting....

13. 02-26-2012 03:02 PM #63
      Ok so the fact that he had to click onto the VWVortex.com, then into the forums wouldn't have given him some idea?
      You know that the car lounge is accessed through many different sites other than VWVortex right?

14. 02-26-2012 03:05 PM #64
      why should I spend several weekends and $xxx on engine lift + misc. tools to do the job unprofessionally myself?
      It was a question of skill.
      Those that can, do.
      Those that cannot, pay us to do it for them.
      It would be a weekend job depending on what you were swapping.

Vehicles
      DKW Munga
      02-26-2012 03:05 PM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by Air-over-water View Post
      You know that the car lounge is accessed through many different sites other than VWVortex right?
      Yeah, VWVortex, SpeedArena, Swedespeed, TripleZoom and Fourtitude. Speed Arena comes the closest to being "general interest," but none of them are domestic centric. People here appreciate that stuff, but there are definitely much better places to solicit this kind of advice which the OP could have very easily found through the googler.
      2005 Subaru Forester X/1980 Honda CM400E/1987 Porsche 944S

BattleRabbit takes Pictures!

Vehicles
      98 b5 Passat
      02-26-2012 03:36 PM #66
      approximately what would it cost (labor hours) to perform an engine swap given the following criteria:

:add generic yet vague pictures:

figure crate 350 ~$2k labor ~$2k, can it go much over that? can you get it done much cheaper than that?
      thanks
      Total cost would be in the ballpark of:

17. 02-27-2012 03:03 AM #67
      Quote Originally Posted by BattleRabbit View Post
      Yeah, VWVortex, SpeedArena, Swedespeed, TripleZoom and Fourtitude. Speed Arena comes the closest to being "general interest," but none of them are domestic centric. People here appreciate that stuff, but there are definitely much better places to solicit this kind of advice which the OP could have very easily found through the googler.
      I entered through kilometermagazine.

You can always google, yeah, but you won't get input from Air and Water Do Mix, uncleho, uberhare, vwlarry, etc. It's a tradeoff.

18. n00b
      Vehicles
      2000 Passat Wagon 2007 Dodge Ram 1924 Model T
      02-27-2012 03:26 AM #68
      Would love to see that engine swap.

19. 02-27-2012 03:33 AM #69
      good post, i liked the part where you accused me of being a homosexual
      Actually that was analogous to a cross dresser, not a homosexual. Big difference.

20. 02-27-2012 04:09 AM #70
      Hey guys, hey hey hey,

Remember that time some dude came in a car forum LOUNGE and asked a technical question and had absolutely NO sense of humor and acted like a douche that had never seen the internet before?

Yeah... That was cool.

Vehicles
      Mk4 1.8t/mk1 diesel/vr coupe'
      02-27-2012 09:37 AM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by Murderface View Post
      Ever consider a 2JZ swap? Might have to go to France to source one though
      not helpful...but funny ^ i cant belive ive never seen this before hah
      If its got Tits or Tires its gunna give you problems

22. Member
      Vehicles
      99.5 Jetta, 2001 Chevy Cavalier ( DD ), Horse & Buggy
      02-27-2012 10:00 AM #72
      i love when people......nvm
      1999.5 MKIV JETTA 2.0L 8V FTW BUILD: AUTOTECH 270*CAM, TT DH DUALS, GONZO STAGE II , 2.5'' HEADERS BACK EXHAUST, AEM COLD AIR INTAKE, RACELAND COILOVERS, 18x8 BBS LM's, HARD WOOD FLOOR,10'' KICKER COMP C SUB, RACELAND STRUT BAR.
      BUILT NOT BOUGHT
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...tock-to-static

Vehicles
      2006 Ford Fusion 2.3 Turbo, 2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid
      02-27-2012 10:56 AM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by BattleRabbit View Post
      I dunno, http://forums.thecarlounge.com/ seems to be pretty brand-agnostic.

24. 02-27-2012 11:04 AM #74
      Not really sure what the OP was asking. Assuming you already have the car and you already have the crate 350, this swap would be a piece of cake. Also dont know where you live. Here in VA. if you go out to the country, guys would do this swap for you over a weekend pretty cheaply. This again is assuming that you are just throwing in a carbed 350 crate. As far as swaps go, this is about as easy as it gets.

25. 02-27-2012 02:50 PM #75
      Quote Originally Posted by dubin' View Post
      not helpful...but funny ^ i cant belive ive never seen this before hah
      It is funny, but everyone is doing it wrong. That is a 2jz swap with NAS

For advertising information click HERE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast