VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Cool/uncommon/unusual police car thread!

86K views 223 replies 115 participants last post by  valfaw 
#1 · (Edited)
Didn't find anything with search, so have at it. Let's see some cool and unusual police cars.

i still think its so cool that there's a Gallardo police car.

Not that uncommon, but still noteworthy.

Yes, that's a Hayabusa. Oklahoma Highway patrol apparently has a couple they use for patrol.

See less See more
#6 ·
Apparently some of the police departments around here have some interesting undercover vehicles.

(Supposedly) One has an old beater mini-van and one has a lightly modified (wheels, exhaust etc.) Hemi Charger

Other than that typical stuff; Crown Vics, Chargers (look pretty intimidating), Tahoes, Explorers, etc

#12 ·
The most interesting cars are the cars seized by police and used for parades, shows, and community relations with a "seized from a drug dealer" or something like that.
The coolest ones I think are the highway pursuit cars which at times are a little faster then the city patrol cars.
A few RCMP Jaguars, a donated Audi A-6 behind it. These were a while ago.

RCMP Volvo S70 T-5 in Quebec. Manitoba had some as well. I remember doing highway speeds when one blew past me at incredible speeds.

And of course, Aspen Colorado's famous Saab police cars originating when AWD or even FWD was not quite as common.

#128 ·
Anyone used to watch the show "Speeders" on TruTV? One of the officers used to drive around in a yellow Hummer H2.

Traffic enforcement, not real police officers drive those. All they do is drive around at 10mph giving tickets, might as well have something with good fuel economy. The Dept of Sanitation has those too, along with NYC Parts Department, DEP vehicles, etc.

And these

There's also Chevy Volts driving around. Did a double-take the first time I saw it and I've never seen a private one in person.

And of course the usual Crown Vics, Fusions, Explorers, Expeditions, F150's, E150's, Impalas, Suburbans, Chargers, Altimas, etc.

#27 ·
it had writing on the side that said something like "seized by a drug dealer."
I am thinking it said "seized from a drug dealer" and not "seized by a drug dealer", unless that dealer really wanted people to know he was in the area.;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.