Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The I hate road hazards thread

1. 02-24-2012 01:11 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by mad8vskillz View Post
      i didn't say he was just that that "damage" has no impact whatsoever on driveability or even looks. Unless it's a show car.
      I'm really just here for the pancakes.
      I'm Sorry Hachi... I love you.

Vehicles
      15' Ford Focus ST st3
      02-24-2012 01:21 PM #27
      damn tires

Vehicles
      94 golf, 90 calypso VR jetta gli,98 ginster, 97 golf, 95 jetta, 99 jetta
      02-24-2012 01:24 PM #28
      stomped in the fender of my wrx myself just to see if I could (yes i was drunk lol). left it like that until i totaled the car 2 years later.

hit a muffler at 85mph with the gti a few days after purchase. gashed up the bumper pretty good and tore the lower cover half-out. shrugged.
      35k miles later the lower cover is still hanging there
      all i'm gathering from this post is that you're not very smart, and you don't value your own possessions.

so yeah this guy is upset, he values his cars and along with most of us, he is not just gonna shrug when over 1k worth of damage is done to his nice car.
      DIY harlequin
      VRT partout
      Quote Originally Posted by B3passatBMX View Post
      You carry a ball peen hammer but not a jack? Are you in the Hell's Angels?
      Quote Originally Posted by Porridgehead View Post
      As far as sexes go, I'm uncertain these days. It's getting harder to tell if you're at the hotdog stand or taco bell until it's actually in your mouth.

Vehicles
      1972 Condor II Autocross Spec with Dan in the passenger seat
      02-24-2012 01:50 PM #29
      I drove over a de-laminated transport truck tire belt at 2am on a dark stretch of highway 401 a few years back.

I was in a Jeep TJ with a 4" lift and 33's so everything went better than expected.

Felt kind of like hitting a raccoon.

5. 02-24-2012 02:07 PM #30
      Cosmetic damage isn't damage.
      What does that even mean.

But the bumper looks ok. That'll buff right out.. seriously, that'll buff out.
      Quote Originally Posted by Aperture View Post
      That door handle is horrible. I wish they would've used a flap-style integrated into the crease.
      Quote Originally Posted by mikegilbert View Post
      I would love to spin you off the road into a ditch.

Vehicles
      15' Ford Focus ST st3
      02-24-2012 02:09 PM #31
      did i mention those dam tires

during a test drive no less. ms3

Vehicles
      '11 tundra, '03 sv1000, 14 grom
      02-24-2012 02:12 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by ADeHelian View Post
      all i'm gathering from this post is that you're not very smart, and you don't value your own possessions.

so yeah this guy is upset, he values his cars and along with most of us, he is not just gonna shrug when over 1k worth of damage is done to his nice car.
      If I had a unique and expensive car, I would be upset. Almost nobody's in TCL are either. (there are a couple guys with some exotics, but mostly nothing here breaks 80k)

A gti is disposeable. Mine will be in the junkyard in 4 years/120k. Guaranteed. no point of fixing something visual for only 4 years.
      Demokratikally Elekted Fist Lieutenant of the Outside Cavalry of the Independent People's Republik of Offtopikstan
      Quote Originally Posted by GodSquadMandrake View Post
      That's too bad but, VWVortex said so... so you have to do it now.

Vehicles
      2003 Silverstone GTI 1.8t(Gone), 2006 Brilliant Red Audi A3 3.2Q
      02-24-2012 02:36 PM #33
      Not my car but I was driving on the expressway and car in front of me ran over a huge piece of tire and i couldn't dodge it in time and it took out one of the fog lights.

Mods:Unitronics Stage 1+ | UM DSG Tune | Magnaflow Catback | HPA SHS Coilovers | MODSHACK VTDA intake
      VRSociety #172

Quote Originally Posted by Boost112 View Post
      Interests:Food being shoved in hot chicks faces.... and other stuff....

Vehicles
      '14 F22 M235i
      02-24-2012 06:39 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by someguy123 View Post
      I'd laugh if you were tailgating.
      I wouldn't laugh. I-4 is very crowded at all times. I could have caused a multi-car accident if I tried to avoid it.

10. Member
      02-24-2012 06:48 PM #35
      i didn't say he was just that that "damage" has no impact whatsoever on driveability or even looks. Unless it's a show car.
      Any damage is "damage" or else you wouldn't call it damage.... it's ridiculous to say otherwise.

"Race cars are not cars"
      "Little people are not people"
      "Health food is not food"

Sound stupid, don't they?

Vehicles
      2008 Mazda 3
      02-24-2012 07:09 PM #36
      If I had a unique and expensive car, I would be upset. Almost nobody's in TCL are either. (there are a couple guys with some exotics, but mostly nothing here breaks 80k)

A gti is disposeable. Mine will be in the junkyard in 4 years/120k. Guaranteed. no point of fixing something visual for only 4 years.

different strokes for different folks

I would be pissed if that happened to my 01 Protege, would also get it fixed even if its just for 1 year. I feel for you OP.

02-24-2012 07:11 PM #37
      lol wtf is wrong with you!?
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zero View Post
      1988 is not an 80's car, it's an early 90s car but whatever.

Vehicles
      '10 GOLF TDI
      02-24-2012 07:17 PM #38
      over xmall driving from CA to CO
      PVC 10 ft long pipe flew off a utility truck and this what happend:

New right fender
      New Glass
      New Fog light, lower gril
      PAINT: hood, Apillar, roof+body panels connected to the foorm, right fender, front bumper
      about $3000 total in repairs. i had to pay $500 deductible but my insurance co is still fighting with the trucks insurance *(i chased him down and pulled him over and got pics and all the info)

14. 02-24-2012 07:40 PM #39
      i have 0 pics of gti. nothing worth taking pictures of.

my last real car, (spent about a year in rentals): nissan titan after getting rearended. stayed like that for about a year until totaled. But i did get $2500 richer from the insurance payout for the repair

no pics of wrx or mazdaspeed6 (well there might be but I can't get to them at work)
      so you committed insurance fraud by not getting it fixed and just taking the check they gave you?
      R32R1 "whore-tex.com the volkswagen fappers enthusiast website"

15. Member
      Vehicles
      2014 SRT8 GC
      02-24-2012 07:49 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by THE KILLER RABBIT View Post
      did i mention those dam tires

during a test drive no less. ms3
      "yep, i'll take the OTHER black one" *writes down vin*

16. Member
      Vehicles
      2014 SRT8 GC
      02-24-2012 07:50 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by 97audia4 View Post
      so you committed insurance fraud by not getting it fixed and just taking the check they gave you?
      you do know that you don't HAVE to fix the damage if you don't want to. The money is yours to with what you please, now if you got rear ended again and said the vehicle was perfect (saying you fixed it) then yeah, thats insurance fraud

madv8skillz- whats with you totalling all your cars after 4 years?

17. Banned
      02-24-2012 10:39 PM #42
      stomped in the fender of my wrx myself just to see if I could (yes i was drunk lol). left it like that until i totaled the car 2 years later.
      Your opinion is worth LESS than ZERO.

Especially since you live in "da hood" .

Vehicles
      06 F430 F1 / 01 W210 E55 / 10 Jaguar XFR
      02-24-2012 10:51 PM #43
      Thats not insurance fraud, intentionally ramming the Titan into a tree and then claiming it under insurance... now that's a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by madv8skillz
      Too much mad skillz for me.

19. 02-24-2012 11:03 PM #44

Quote Originally Posted by Aperture View Post
      That door handle is horrible. I wish they would've used a flap-style integrated into the crease.
      Quote Originally Posted by mikegilbert View Post
      I would love to spin you off the road into a ditch.

Vehicles
      1998 Jeep Wrangler
      02-24-2012 11:11 PM #45
      Over the summer I was on a trip with my dad and a friend (all in separate, lifted SUVs) traveling down I-81. I was following behind my friend and he narrowly avoided a huge (wheel-sized) flat chunk of metal. I didn't have enough time to react between him driving over it (not hitting it) and me hitting it. Since I drive a lifted Jeep, I'm not one to do dramatic swerves at highway speeds, and figured I'd be safer taking the flat tire than swerving anyway. Well, I didn't get a flat. I drove straight over it, and kicked it up. My dad, following behind me, managed to get out of the way. The next 2 vehicles weren't so lucky. The metal sliced right through a Titan's gas tank, then through an 18-wheeler's front tire. After that came an adrenaline-filled struggle to stay ahead of the maybe-about-to-explode pickup and the truck that basically can't steer or brake, while still trying to get to the shoulder and hoping my comrades can do the same. Fortunately everyone involved made it to the shoulder safely. The family in the Titan was traveling all the way from New England (we were in VA), so that must have ruined their trip. I felt like a huge jerk for being the one who kicked the debris up. It sucked. Screw road debris.

21. Member
      Vehicles
      2008 Volvo V70, 2011 Volvo C30
      02-24-2012 11:59 PM #46
      i have 0 pics of gti. nothing worth taking pictures of.

my last real car, (spent about a year in rentals): nissan titan after getting rearended. stayed like that for about a year until totaled. But i did get $2500 richer from the insurance payout for the repair

no pics of wrx or mazdaspeed6 (well there might be but I can't get to them at work)

so... you totalled this truck, and your WRX. Why do you carry comprehensive again, if you don't care about your vehicles?

Vehicles
      14 s4
      02-25-2012 12:58 AM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by locobaz23 View Post
      I wouldn't laugh. I-4 is very crowded at all times. I could have caused a multi-car accident if I tried to avoid it.
      traffic density is only half the issue, the more important factor is driver census.
      the problem is all the people who cant even legally drive in THEIR country is trying to drive in ours.
      not discounting the fact that most cant even read our road signs.

op, let me know if you want to sell the e93 once it hits the 50% depreciation mark. im local
      vortex folding thread.................. ............. ............... ...... ............ ........... .... ... ......... ..... ........ .... ..... ... intention

Vehicles
      2005 Accord LX, 1980 Yamaha XS850(sold), 2002 Honda VTR1000, 2011 Triumph Speed Triple
      02-25-2012 12:58 AM #48
      I got a check for $1000 when someone skimmed my bumper and broke my tail light when they rear ended me.

Instead of taking it to a shop, I ordered a new tail light for $60 and buffed the scrape out of the bumper. Boom profit.
      Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      It ain't easy being an overweight, uneducated, Sunfire driving whoop whooping clown.

Vehicles
      '11 tundra, '03 sv1000, 14 grom
      02-25-2012 11:31 AM #49
      i don't think you know what that means
      Demokratikally Elekted Fist Lieutenant of the Outside Cavalry of the Independent People's Republik of Offtopikstan
      Quote Originally Posted by GodSquadMandrake View Post
      That's too bad but, VWVortex said so... so you have to do it now.

25. Member
      Vehicles
      1982 Audi GT coupe, '83 jetta coupe, 85 jetta TD
      02-25-2012 11:37 AM #50
      Road Hazards?

I've seen a few

“I wasn't trying to wreck him, I just wanted to rattle his cage.”... Dale Earnhardt
      Quote Originally Posted by porridgehead
      It's all about the tires. I drove my M3 in the snow. With the summer tires on, it was the safest car in the world in the snow. In fact, it was a statue. You could not make it move with half an inch of snow on the ground.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast