Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Extremely Clean 2010 VW GTI Autobahn OEM+

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 VW GTI
      02-24-2012 12:16 PM #1

I take excellent care of my cars. I do this because I derive enjoyment from driving a clean car. It’s fun when someone gets in my car and comments, “Is this new”?

“Yes,” I reply, “two years ago…”

Another positive of keeping a pristine car is that the second owner benefits. Although the car is pre-owned, it’s still a nice chunk of money. And who wants to buy a car with dents, scratches, shiny leather, and signs of abuse? I certainly wouldn’t. And, I doubt you would, too. So, ladies and gentlemen – ok, mostly gentlemen- I present my United Gray GTI for sale.

In-service date: 03-Aug-10
      Mileage: 20,500
      Smoked In: Never
      Keys: Two original fobs plus valet

For $21,900, the car will come with the following included…

Factory Options:

• Autobahn Package
      • DSG
      • 18” Detroit wheels
      • RNS 510 Navigation
      • Bi-Xenon headlights

Aftermarket Enhancements:

• 9W7 bluetooth
      • LED Golf R taillights
      • LED rear license plate lights
      • OEM front lip spoiler in United Gray
      • Painted side markers in United Gray
      • Nose-maker delete
      • Magnaflow catback exhaust
      • H&R sport springs
      • Carbon tint (35% sides, 20% rear hatch)

VAG Reprogramming:

• Driver’s side, heated seat memory
      • Windows open/close with key fob
      • Sunroof close with key fob
      • Gauge cluster staging
      • Horn confirmation when locking disabled
      • Windows close when doors are open

Disclaimer: At 9,567 miles (20-Feb-11), the car was rear ended at less than 5 MPH. Only the rear bumper cover and exhaust were replaced. Also, one of the Detroit rims is scared from delivery. Poor thing.

In addition the equipment listed above, for $21,900 the car will come with the following:

• VAG cable + certificate
      • Original springs
      • Original taillights
      • Original 9W2 bluetooth
      • VW goodies

Mod policy: At this time, I will not be selling my mods. If the car doesn’t sell privately, I will then offer the mods for sale.

Test-drive policy: I will meet for a test drive only after agreeing on price and seeing your driver’s license and insurance information (Hey, it’s Houston!).

Reason for sale: That new 328i is calling my name!

The pictures attest to the attractiveness of the car. The exterior paint is fabulous. There are no dings or scratches- not even on the rear bumper. For a 20,000-mile car, the rock chips are minor. People often ask if it’s new when I get gas or groceries. The interior is almost flawless. The leather does not look as if it has 20,000 miles on it- same goes for the steering wheel.

Please contact me via PM if you are interested. It would be fantastic if AchtJa could find another enthusiast owner- saving him from trade-in uncertainty. Please, no low ballers. If the car doesn’t find a suitor at this price, I’ll simply trade it. The car is financed through Ally Auto.

Happy motoring, everyone!

Pictures taken 23-Feb-12 at 21,464 miles.

Interior:

2010 MKVI GTI in United Gray with Titan Black leather
      2DR | DSG | Autobahn Pkg | 18" Detroits | RNS 510 Navigation | Bi-Xenons | 9W7 BlueTooth | LED Golf R Tail Lights | LED Rear License Plate Lights | OEM Front Spoiler Lip | Painted Side Markers | Noise-maker Delete | | Magnaflow CBE | H&R Sport Springs | 35% Carbon Tint | Vag'd

Vehicles
      12' Golf R
      02-26-2012 01:31 AM #2
      Certainly is clean, what do you do to your steering wheel, looks brand new!
      Glws
      Need Vag-Com in Eastern Nebraska and Western Iowa? Send me a PM.

Instagram @smokey_llama

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 VW GTI
      02-26-2012 07:47 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Smoky_Llama View Post
      Certainly is clean, what do you do to your steering wheel, looks brand new!
      Glws
      I scrub it weekly with Lexol leather cleaner and a brush. Like a dish-washing brush. I then remove the lexol/water mixture with a terry cloth towel.

I HATE shiny steering wheels. Ew.
      2DR | DSG | Autobahn Pkg | 18" Detroits | RNS 510 Navigation | Bi-Xenons | 9W7 BlueTooth | LED Golf R Tail Lights | LED Rear License Plate Lights | OEM Front Spoiler Lip | Painted Side Markers | Noise-maker Delete | | Magnaflow CBE | H&R Sport Springs | 35% Carbon Tint | Vag'd

Vehicles
      2014 Passat TDi SEL Premium.
      02-27-2012 02:42 PM #4
      wish this was a 6-speed and had 2 more doors! good luck though. very clean car.
      BHC!

instagram @4packdeezel

5. Banned
      02-27-2012 02:48 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by wannabeeuroTR View Post
      Wish more people on here were like this.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 VW GTI
      02-27-2012 03:06 PM #6
      Thanks! Yes, the next car will be a 6-speed. I haven't been overly impressed with the DSG.

Vehicles
      2011 VW GTI
      02-27-2012 09:20 PM #7
      Not to thread jack, but mine's 4 doors with a 6MT

Vehicles
      '12 GTI Autobahn DSG
      02-27-2012 11:18 PM #8
      PM sent!

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 VW GTI
      03-02-2012 05:40 PM #9
      Deal on R fell through. Thank you all for the interest, but I can't sell until I locate a replacement R! I'll keep those interested informed when I sell again.

Thanks!

10. 03-17-2012 03:09 PM #10
      Wow!! So nice, GLWS!!

11. 03-20-2012 01:51 AM #11
      Your car is mint. I was looking to get something as a commuter as my V8 treg is not so fuel efficient. If your still selling later let me know. I'm interested even out of state, I don't have an issue with that. I'm in no hurry. Thanks.

12. 05-17-2012 11:57 AM #12
      bump for a really clean car with tasteful mods! Good luck with the sale! wish you were closer...

13. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 VW GTI
      07-31-2012 11:42 PM #13
      Ok, to this story, I must say I traded it in today for $18,000 for this....

Enjoy your cars in good health!

14. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 VW GTI
      08-02-2012 05:27 PM #14

15. 08-16-2012 12:59 AM #15
      I gotchya car!

Finally got it on a curvey road last night. I had one tight set of turns and I caught myself laughing out loud it felt so good.

The only thing is that I can't get the bluetooth working with my phone right but I will get to the dealer hopefully tomorrow.

16. 08-17-2012 06:23 PM #16
      I figured it out and now i see why you had an upgraded bluetooth module. No worries tho. Got a nifty phone holder for the cigarette lighter. May upgrade eventually to get the push2talk goin. But other than that thanks for being the best car owner ever. It looks like it was just delivered.

17. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 VW GTI
      08-17-2012 08:38 PM #17
      I'm so happy you're enjoying the car! I'm jealous that my GTI gets to move back to Austin before I do. We spent most of our two years there. That picture you took looks like the top of the One Texas Center.

A couple of things....

*Spend the money on the 9W7 bluetooth. I already coded the steering wheel button for it and it shows up on the NAV screen. I think it's dumb the "PHONE" button is mute w/o the 9W7.

*The RNS 510 is slow to load sometimes and freezes. I'd try to get the unit replaced before the warranty runs out on 8/3/2013.

*Stay on top of cleaning the exhaust tips. They'll stain if you don't. I mean WEEKLY.

*Unless the Momentum idiots destroyed the paint, it should have plenty of wax on it. I detailed it two weeks before traded in to get rid of swirl marks.

*I also programmed the windows to open and close with the key fob.

Um, if I think of more, I"ll let you know.

ENJOY it! I think it's funny how good owners pay it forward. My Boxster looks as if it's new. The exterior and interior are in amazing shape...