Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Trading the SE for a GLI

Vehicles
      2011 VW Jetta SE w/ Conv.
      02-24-2012 04:53 PM #1
      I just wanted to get some advice from you guys. I'm thinking about trading my 2011 SE w/Conv for a GLI. My current Jetta SE has 12,000 miles and I leased it this time last year. My current payoff for it is $18,200...now I was wondering will it be easy to trade in my Jetta for the GLI? I signed the lease contract so will it affect my credit for a termination? How much would I be upside down? I'm gonna go to my dealer soon to see what they say, I just wanted some input from you guys. I have 2 more years left for the lease, I can probably compromise for that time, I just wanted a change.

Also, is a "lease-trade" good idea as well? (such as finding a new lessee) How does that work?

Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2000 Jetta, 2007 Jetta
      02-24-2012 07:02 PM #2
      I ended a lease at a year once by trading it in, it was a Honda Civic and I hated it. I did lose some money. It looks like with your payoff they would probably take it in for around 17 would be my guess. It won't hurt your credit becuase they will payoff the lease but the loss you will take will get tacked on to the new lease payment. If you could wait until the payoff is about trade in value maybe a year then you won't lose any money.

3. 02-26-2012 03:57 PM #3
      Let me know what you find out man. I was thinking about doing the same but I got mine back in august and wrecked it last week it has 10500 miles on it so I was thinking let it go before the mileage goes up even more and the value goes down even more so I don't get screwed at the end of my lease. Do you think they will give you the same payments? I pay 250 a month and i put 2000k down.

Awesome thread was thinking about this and saw this, perfect!!