Every oil change with Mobil 1, OEM filters. I’ve logged every tank of gas I’ve put in it and it’s averaged 28mpg over the 153K!
I’ve done so much on this thing in the last couple of years, basically treated it like I’d keep it forever. Then impulsively I bought a new BMW in Jan. While I still drive the Jetta, I can’t keep both cars.
The Jetta runs as great as on day 1, no check engine lights, perfect emissions, NYS inspected. Never chipped.
1. Timing belt, tensioner and roller, water pump, accessory belt done at 151 K. I know, I know. Like I said, I intended to keep it forever.
2. All 4 coil packs 152K
3. Alternator and battery 146K
4. Mass air sensor 145K
5. Air filter, charcoal cabin air filter, N75 valve, spark plugs, 145K
6. Tires and brakes are great. at least 20K miles left on the tires, way more on the brakes. Bridgestone G0009 are great on the 16”BBS wheels.
7. Koni adjustable shocks, replaced the driveshafts and wheel bearings around 20K miles ago.
Now the bad stuff, it has a leak in the radiator for the last 6 months. I don’t have time to replace it so I fill the reservoir with 50/50 vw coolant each week. I have a brand new OEM radiator I’ll throw in if you buy the car.
It has a dented door and roof. I have a gorgeous replacement complete door from the same car I’ll throw in. This dent happened years ago and I never bothered to fix it. The window still works fine. It also has various scrapes around the car, scratches etc. Check out the pictures.
What else does it need? Nothing. I’ll even throw in my VAG com.
Last edited by palmasi1; 02-25-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Reason: Car has been sold