Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Where would one find a replacement power steering hose?

1. 02-25-2012 04:17 AM #1
      Sooo, during my rebuild process I finally yanked the old motor, unfortunately for me after 2+ days of PB Blaster/soaker/loosener stuff plus heat, the Banjo bolt was more or less fused to the power steering line. (from the PS Pump to the rack)

After talking to my buddy at the dealer, I have come to find that art is.... no surprise, "obsolete"

For those that had to replace that, where did you source the hose from? Is it interchangeable with a certain model Golf/Passat? or did you have to have some locak shop fab something up?

Vehicles
      A6 TDI Quattro wagon, A4 TDI Quattro racecar
      02-25-2012 04:46 AM #2
      Mk3 lines can be made to fit fairly easily. The rack ends are the same but the pump end screws direct in to the pump instead of using the banjo. The thread is exactly the same though The only significant difference is where the reservoir attaches on the return line, but the Corrado T-piece and cooler line can be fitted by trimming down the line from the rack.

I have mk3 lines on my TDI, as they were much easier to source than intact mk2 / Corrado lines
      Throw an Audi engineer down a hole with a ladder and he will fashion a shovel from it and tunnel his way out

Quote Originally Posted by shwak23 View Post
      You could always call your insurance and say that some vandals tried to swap your car to rwd while you weren't looking.

Vehicles
      TDI Corrado & a Honda Refrig (Pilot)
      02-25-2012 07:46 AM #3
      I too used a mk3 2LABA(Mk3 TDI is the same) on my corrado TDIs. You can probably also swap the mk3 pump into the G60 Brackets. I think they are slightly different but its very doable.

4. 02-25-2012 05:23 PM #4
      I have the line ifu want it

5. Member
      Vehicles
      06 A4 2.0T, 89 200 QT
      02-25-2012 10:05 PM #5
      I got mine at the local autozone/advanced auto. It's just a hydraulic line, so any place that makes custom lines can make one too.

gl