Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: New in the Audi World,just wanted to introduce myself

1. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2000/audi s4
      02-25-2012 10:12 AM #1
      Just got my B5 S4 2 weeks ago always loved them and wanted one and finally happend.I had the 4cyl turbo dsm for a while but wanted more power.So i finally moved to the S4 so i know about turbos and am mechanical ect ect but need to learn all about these cars like i did my dsm.So i was told this is the place to come and ive already been browsing and learning things I love form sites.Glad to be apart of this great site and look forward to learning and having people helping me.I have stage 2+ and over the next few years will be lookoing to go to stage 3.

First thing i am wondering wear i could find a repair manual, i have found out haynes doesnt not make one.

Second when i got the car the owner said a abs wheel sensor is out due to the abs light being on and the brake light flashing while driving would this be correct? there are some things i need to fix up but over all with the price i paid i cant complain and would rate the car 7/10. Thanks for any help in advance

2. 02-25-2012 05:46 PM #2
      Welcome to the Love-Hate relationship site! LOL
      Bentley Publishing has the manual you're looking for.

ABS module is a common issue.
      www.cheapabs.com

Definately invest a VAG-COM
      It will tell you whether its sensors or module.

Best of luck with your new ride.
      Last edited by QuickDub; 02-25-2012 at 05:50 PM.

3. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2000/audi s4
      02-26-2012 11:49 AM #3
      Thanks for the info i have an abs scanner that i will stick on here and check it out and yes the previous owner said its like that and with my dsm it was a major love and hate lol.I checked out the site and i know someone who had to also have the abs moduloe repaired but atleast it only 99 thanks for the website.Thanks as well for the info on the repair manual.

4. 02-26-2012 11:12 PM #4
      thank you[IMG]http://www.********************[/IMG]

Vehicles
      01.5 stg3; 03 Golf tdi; 89' 325iS (w/ ls1/t56 beside it)
      02-27-2012 02:47 AM #5
      Welcome. What color do you have?

edit: nvm, I clicked you're profile. Love the color... absolutely hate your chopped up bumper. Please get a new one! What kind of fmic is that? What mods are done?
      Last edited by papag1234; 02-27-2012 at 02:50 AM.

6. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2000/audi s4
      03-10-2012 05:20 PM #6
      Thanks its the Nogero Blue it was originally black but was sanded had the whole paint job done right.And yes the cracked up bumper does make me sad as well but in a few months i will be getting the Rs4 bumper and replace that.The fmic kit i am not sure,i bought it as is and like i said plan to take it stafe 3 the guy went over most **** and built it himself but didnt really throw me any brands of stuff but any ways it his the massive fmic rs4 bi-pipe with a big bore intake,fordge diverter valves,kw(i think is the brand)coilovers,short shiffter,full exhuast(3in downpipes into 2.25in true dual exhaust with blank cats)stage 2 tune on the ecu.umm relatively new replaced stock turbos.i think that is it..oh a nitrous purge kit which i am trying to find somewhere to fill the tank i still have yet to try it since i bought the car.The extras in the car 7in touchscreen dvd/gps headunit 3 10in mtx subs and kicker amp also with heated leather and all since was original nogero blue although i wish i ahd the suade inserts.But thats about it i belvie and so far i love this car to death