Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't figure it out

Vehicles
      mk4 gti 1.8t, mk2 jetta coupe 16v
      02-26-2012 12:33 AM #36
      hmm that could be an issue too. im going to give rp a call on monday when they are open. i hope i dont have to replace the turbo again. it was a bitch the first time.

also probably why when i had the n75 disconnected the waste gate stayed open and boost dropped.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      too much to list
      02-26-2012 01:20 AM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by omeletduefromage View Post
      it was a bitch the first time.
      deff one of the easiest/fav jobs on the 1.8t
      Innovative Motorsports - Making wet dreams come true. Shop# (203) 345 4647

United Motorsport - Making software to rule the world.

3. 02-26-2012 08:46 AM #38
      Mount your camera and a flashlight right by your firewall looking at the wastegate. Go for a drive and check the footage. You'll definitely be able to see what's going on then.

Vehicles
      2010 WRX STi, 2002 Mustang GT (Kenne Bell S/C), 2002 GTI 1.8T (sold)
      02-26-2012 09:26 AM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by omeletduefromage View Post
      how is that an issue, the gate on my k03s would move by hand too. they are supposed to be able to move. its only a 5 pound spring. you should be able to move it. im going to disconnect the waste gate completely and see if it builds and holds boost. im not going wot because if my wastegate does work it would build boost beyond belief.
      Don't do this. You risk overspeeding the turbo and a massive, rod-damaging boost spike and the PCM will just go into limp mode so you won't see any "holding".

Vehicles
      02-26-2012 06:17 PM #40
      okay i got a hold of a buddys n75. did the same thing. and we know it works, came off of a running car. so we think its either a boost leak or the gate. he also had a k04 (apr one) on his car and his gate moved just as easy as mine so we dont think its that. we either think its the fact that i have no software (i doubt it because it was running fine before i started messing with my top intercooler pipe) or we think its a huge boost leak that we cant find. im pressure and smoking it tomorrow. so we shall see

Vehicles
      02-27-2012 03:52 PM #41
      finally figured it out. we found a kink in the pressure line going to the n75 from the top intercooler pipe and it would block off the pressure until it hit right around 19psi so we ran a new line from the intake manifold and its all good now. boosting right at 11 psi like it should. didnt need to touch the waste gate at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12