Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Another article about a classy dude. Banker leaves 1% tip "in defiance of the 99%"

1. Member
      03-07-2012 12:27 PM #246
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      No, you're complaining like a bitter old man who hasn't realized that the world will keep changing just like he did when he had the mental flexibility to handle it. Phrases change. They've always changed, and they will always change. Getting stuck in some ideal, bull****ted past where everybody was polite in the way you wish they were is a recipe for frustration - which you're clearly making your servers' problem.
      May I quote myself?

The service is the thing. I've had a couple of servers who said "no problem" in response to "thank you" who gave excellent service, so I really didn't care about the verbal lapse. But most times I find that people who can't pay attention to details like that can't adequately pay attention to any details to provide the sort of service that merits a $40 tip on a dinner for two.
      How 'bout you stop "playing internet" with your pointless speculation about my mental state for a minute and read what I actually wrote? Or is that another "old-fashioned" skill to you?

Vehicles
      2007 Audi S6
      03-07-2012 01:25 PM #247
      I think it's becoming more and more apparent that these patrons just want their ass kissed. It warms my heart to know that beneath every smile and nice gesture, the servers probably hate their guts.

We've come full circle when I think that they should "get a real job."

Blog Entries
      03-09-2012 11:38 PM #248
      Quote Originally Posted by seymore15074 View Post
      I think it's becoming more and more apparent that these patrons just want their ass kissed. It warms my heart to know that beneath every smile and nice gesture, the servers probably hate their guts.

We've come full circle when I think that they should "get a real job."
      Snark snark..

The problem is that once everyone gets a ribbon, there's no point in trying any harder than the lowest common denominator- and if you do, you'll be damned for it.

4. Member
      03-11-2012 07:39 AM #249
      Quote Originally Posted by PsyberVW View Post
      Snark snark..

The problem is that once everyone gets a ribbon, there's no point in trying any harder than the lowest common denominator- and if you do, you'll be damned for it.
      Welcome to the United States of Mediocrity. No Problem!

5. 03-12-2012 07:19 AM #250
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      OMG. McDonald's is evil? Get outta town.

Ah. The smartest person in the room who refuses to answer simple and direct questions. By the way if YOU had read, and thought about what you post, you'd see that almost all posts defending the fictional "banker" were met with strong disagreement.

Please move along and pollute another forum.
      You're deluded if you think your insipidity moves me.

Vehicles
      2007 Audi S6
      03-12-2012 09:54 AM #251
      Quote Originally Posted by PsyberVW View Post
      Snark snark..

Is that how other industries work?

Vehicles
      E46 330ci and Bikes.
      03-12-2012 11:01 AM #252
      Quote Originally Posted by O_G View Post
      You're deluded if you think your insipidity moves me.
      I'm not here to move anyone, change anyone's opinion. I'm here to engage in discussions, maybe have a laugh or two. The idea that people come here to change people's minds is frightening. This isn't the right place to do that.

I do appreciate you going back three pages to pick out my response to your post, though.
      Last edited by TheDarkEnergist; 03-12-2012 at 11:04 AM.
      No Signature. Only Krav Khalash.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      64 continental convertible. mobsteel/airlift.
      03-12-2012 11:37 AM #253
      going to add a rant about a server the other night.

typical local bar, friends and i go there every other week or so for their wednesday wing night (25 cents and they have good sauces). miller light was on special $2. me and 3 buddies. i had 20 wings, onion rings, and 4 delerium tremens drafts ($5/ea). chris had 2 delerium drafts and 20 wings. nick had an east end draft ($5). gabe had 20 wings and 2 miller lights. all-in about $60. not everyone had cash, so we asked to have seperate checks (on the menu, parties of 8 or more no seperate checks.

meanwhile my brother in law and some of his friends came in, sat at the table connected to ours. we pay, i hang out and have a couple more beers. the waitress comes back at one point in the evening and bitches about having to split the check and that 3 of the guys didnt tip. i saw the tips, she made $18 in tips off a $60 bill. 30% . totally uncalled for.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678