Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Something's out of whack here !

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 VW Turbo beetle
      02-27-2012 08:39 AM #1
      53 Beetles are listed with a sunroof on www.cars.com but 51 are the 2.5 and only 2 being the
      2.0 Turbos. Why such a disparity is beyond my comprehension? The Silver 2.0 in Fayetteville,
      N.C. has a stated price of $29,950, whereas the Reef Blue in San Jose, Ca. is $27,230. Didn't
      look at all that's included in the Silver one but it must have all the 'bells and whistles'. Also
      noted that none of these 53 beetle are fitted with manual transmission.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Beetle (my 4th Beetle). Started with a '64 Ghia.
      03-04-2012 07:58 PM #2
      In my area (even within 75 miles) there are NONE shown with sunroofs- 2.0 T or 2.5. When I type in "sunroof", it shows the same cars as without. The price tells me they don't, in reality have a roof....

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 VW Turbo beetle
      03-04-2012 09:10 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by moodylucy View Post
      In my area (even within 75 miles) there are NONE shown with sunroofs- 2.0 T or 2.5. When I type in "sunroof", it shows the same cars as without. The price tells me they don't, in reality have a roof....
      VW's sales went thru the roof for the period beginning in January but it sure can't be because
      of the Beetle. Could it be that so many integral parts needed to complete the various applications
      are held up because of the radiation problems Japan suffered a year ago ? Cars fitted with the
      gauges & pod are so few and far between, as well as the illusive sunroof. I also don't believe one
      car is listed on 'cars.com' with the beige interior which is amazing when you think about how long
      it's been since the Beetle was first deemed 'ready for customers to order'.

03-05-2012 04:13 AM #4
      Things are darned sparse here in Zion as well.

There are only 2 Turbos on the lots in the whole state (!!!) and those are pretty much basic models. And, not a single sunroof on any Beetle on dealer’s lots either.

Bill
      2012 Beetle 2.0 TSI/DSG White Launch Edition
      2012 A3 2.0 TDI/DSG White S-Line Premium

5. 03-05-2012 07:32 PM #5
      Just wondering - why rely so much on cars.com? I've not noticed them particularly reliable (they didn't have my 09 Touareg @ a nearby dealership, nor my wife's VW)...

03-05-2012 07:43 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by 2VWatatime View Post
      Just wondering - why rely so much on cars.com?
      A good point.

I use Cars.com as a starting point and, from there, go into the individual dealer sites. 'Course, in my state you can count the VW dealers on one hand - so it's really not that much work.

Bill
      2012 Beetle 2.0 TSI/DSG White Launch Edition
      2012 A3 2.0 TDI/DSG White S-Line Premium

7. Member
      Vehicles
      2002 NB Turbo Sport ; 2010 NB Red Rock; 2012 Beetle-Base-RedTurbo
      03-06-2012 10:53 AM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by ridgemanron View Post
      53 Beetles are listed with a sunroof on www.cars.com but 51 are the 2.5 and only 2 being the
      2.0 Turbos. Why such a disparity is beyond my comprehension?
      I just spoke to VW this morning, and it seems that they still have sunroof issues...a supply issue. I guess there is a shortage of them, so I am guessing since the 2.5 had priorities over the turbo in all aspects, they also got priority over the limited supply of sunroofs.