VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

7th Annual Crosshaul Cruise - May 5th, 2012

14K views 195 replies 56 participants last post by  skidplate 
#1 · (Edited)
So its that time again to shine up your rides or finish up those projects and get them out for this year's Crosshaul Cruise! This is the 7th year for this event and hopefully we'll continue the trend of making it a larger turn out year after year! Last year we had over 250 cars on the cruise. As usual we're meeting up at the Volkswagen Credit Center and rolling out from there. I'm changing up the route a little and I will explain that later. Please be courteous to their property and please no burnouts and don't leave garbage behind. This hasn't really been a problem in the past but I feel its necessary to say. VW Credit DOES NOT have public bathrooms, and will not allow people inside to use them. This was feedback I received from years past, so with that being said bring yourself with an empty bladder and your car with a full tank of gas. :peace:

So I'm going to try switching things up a little, more driving, less stopping. I'm hoping this makes it more fun to drive. We are going to cruise down 26 as usual, then we're hopping onto Highway 53 to Highway 101, and then up to Seaside. We're going to try it without a midpoint stop unless I see an out cry for there to be one. Highway 53 is a little bumpy at first, but its an incredible road to drive. Please remember that overly aggressive driving and general douchebaggery is frowned upon. Please try to keep yourself and your friends in check and try to not ruin anyone else's good time. Passing someone on the shoulder of the road or blasting someone with gravel doesn't win you any cool guy points.

On to the itinerary:

Meeting point: Volkswagen Credit Center
Address: 22823 NW Bennett St Hillsboro, Oregon 97124
Time: 10:00am
Driver's meeting: 11:45am
Time of Departure: Approximately 12:00pm
Endpoint: Seaside, Oregon

Here is a link to the route on Google maps
http://g.co/maps/rxy23

Cruise route by skidplate09, on Flickr

Cruise Photoshoot

Bryan did you ever decide if theres going to be a stopping point? I know you had gone out to check one out...
The area I took photos of Desiree's car was the photoshoot point I had in mind. Its about 3 miles off the path so I think it would be easier to meet at another point and then roll over to that point if people are interested. There is a boat ramp shortly after getting onto Hwy 101 and we could meet there and possibly shoot some pictures there first. :thumbup:

Weather report

See less See more
#49 ·
Crosshaul Cruise Camera Car available

If there are any pro or semi-pro photographers/videographers that want to shoot this cruise from an open topped roadster, I have a seat available. TT roll hoops and low down suction mounts are great spots for GO-Pro video cams. If weather permits, the top will be down the entire cruise. Hit me up on PMs if you are interested and we can talk. :pic:

#52 ·
Oh yeah, and i am in, but me/gf would like a stop somewhere about halfway. like rockaway beach area or something.

#68 ·
Typically I leave that up to everyone to decide. I've seen hotel room parties get way out of hand so I don't want our "group" to be unwelcome because someone thrashed their room. But if you decide on somewhere to stay let us know. :)

#85 ·
I'll definetly be there!!! I look forward to meeting you guys in person :thumbup:

#93 ·
My coworker mentioned that there is a state park on 101 shortly after 53 meets it. I had intended to cruise out there again and go check it out, but I've been so consumed by searching for a house I haven't really had a chance to do anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.