Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Are these genuine borg warner k04's??? Help please!!!!!!!!!!!1

1. 02-27-2012 06:44 PM #1
      Bought this set of turbos from a member on here as GENUINE BORG WARNER rebuilt K04 turbos a while back, and now that it is time for install I really would like to make sure they are before I put motor back in. I bought a parts car that has 100% legit K04's and the tag is different. Help please so I can get this car back together.

Vehicles
      2000 audi s4,2001 a4,1999 a4,2002 gti,86 gti,85 scirocco,91 corrado,91 jetta gli,2000 passat
      03-04-2012 11:46 AM #2
      Cant say for sure.The actuator look like they have been painted.Also i was under the impression all borg warner turbos had blue and silver tags riveted to them not silver.What did you pay for the set??Retail new they cost about $2k i think.
      Own A Audi or VW in the Tri-State Area??Need Repairs???Contact Us.We do free estimates and always use OEM parts and Will Beat any shops prices.We have Over 38 years experience in Servicing and Repairing All European Brands!

Vehicles
      02 GTI 1.8t
      05-01-2012 08:49 PM #3
      Looks like legit ko4's that have been rebuilt with new CHRA's and painted high temp paint.
      the car is on an inclined driveway and up on jack stands in the front only
      02 GTI 1.8t:> 42DD 3" turboback, BFI full stg1 mount kit, Evoms CAI, Forge boost hoses, Tacotaco sidemount, Ebay TIP, IE 2.0 coil conversion, IE manual tensioner, 20th front brake conversion, IE emissions delete, 42dd catch can, Koni STR.t & WRD sport springs, Samco Coolant hoses, SMF vr6 clutch kit.