Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Q: shops for suspension upgrades??

1. Member
      Vehicles
      '08 B7 Quattro T
      02-27-2012 09:58 PM #1
      within the week upgrading suspension a bit. tossing around air eventually but the heights driving me crazy so just gona go H&R/bilsteins for now. was either gona get from AWEtuning online or ECS...shipping kind of a pain so anyone know out here if they offer better comparable prices.

i was thinking STS but last time i called i was actually told be better off to buy myself online...kind of odd but hey. shoots

average price for installs out here.
      Last edited by gtikiller; 02-27-2012 at 10:01 PM.
      '08 ddlyvenom: ...in progress

retired: '90 mkII heavily shaved, minors mods.
      '01 GTI: fully Oettinger'd|18" Oettinger RE's|APR 93|APR dp|H&R cupkit|Milltek turboback|Forge 007 blahblahblah

Vehicles
      99 Beetle, 09 GLi
      02-28-2012 03:21 AM #2
      Even if u purchase on ur own, ur best bet it STS ( or Premier as they are known now)... steer clear of wrench Werx unless you want them to charge you for erroneous stuff that has nothing to do with suspension :/

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      2008 Jetta
      02-28-2012 06:51 PM #3
      I'm sure they are just trying to help you save money. I got my FKs online and took it to premier to get them installed.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      '08 B7 Quattro T
      02-29-2012 04:54 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by MKV_Jetta808 View Post
      I'm sure they are just trying to help you save money. I got my FKs online and took it to premier to get them installed.
      oh yeah.i wasnt knocking them. ive just never had a place care like that before. ill prob give em a call once i get parts. thanks

'01 GTI: fully Oettinger'd|18" Oettinger RE's|APR 93|APR dp|H&R cupkit|Milltek turboback|Forge 007 blahblahblah

Vehicles
      2012 Mk6 GTI CW, '98 B5 PASSAT (Broken), 2006 VW Jetta 2.5
      03-01-2012 12:04 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by MKV_Jetta808 View Post
      I agree with this. Premier aka STS, are customer friendly.

maotsetung

6. 03-01-2012 12:06 AM #6
      Premier can get u anything u want for suspension from h&r to Bilstiens they have a great deal on ST coilovers call Jay B. he's the shop manager and tell um I (Kama) refered u and he'll take care of the rest at a good price!!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      2008 Jetta
      03-01-2012 02:28 AM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by gtikiller View Post
      oh yeah.i wasnt knocking them. ive just never had a place care like that before. ill prob give em a call once i get parts. thanks
      Don't worry bro didn't think you were knocking them... You should bag your car!!! Hahaha

8. 03-01-2012 07:15 AM #8
      Man I gotta stop having the body guy answer the phone ... We do our best at getting you folks the best pricing but it's getting harder to beat online ordering nowadays, we can surely match it. But it all comes down to what you want, where you drive everyday, what you expect out of your suspension, and last but not least your budget.

ST coilovers are by far the best bang for your buck as far as comfort and mid level performance, compared to other entry level coilovers that are cheaper (JOM, Raceland, ROKR etc.), spend a tad more you get something way better in the long run and North American customer support and warranty which is through KW North America ST's parent company

But give the shop a call and we can chat about what exactly your looking for..

Thanks for the support to all who posted..Kama Premier's PR guy and I don't mean Puerto Rican

-Jay B.

9. Member
      Vehicles
      '08 B7 Quattro T
      03-13-2012 02:27 AM #9
      thanks kama and thanks Jay B. ill def give u a call when i figure out what ima do. planning on simple H&R/Bilstein combo for now or maybe STs

need to drop this bugga pronto. the 4x4 action is ruining me lol