Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Results 1 to 35 of 71

    Thread: South East WiTW '12 Caravan.

    1. Member lil_kano's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 10th, 2007
      Location
      Boynton Beach, Fl
      Posts
      2,529
      Vehicles
      '04 RS .:R32 (Cloth), '02 Jetta TDI - R.I.P, '85 Scirocco - gone
      02-28-2012 09:30 PM #1

      (Sorry had to steal your pic PSU...It gets the people going! )


      That time of the year is here again. Starting this to get some organization of travel for us down south and anyone who wants to caravan with along the way.

      I myself will be traveling with one other R32 from Ft. Lauderdale area.

      Post up your travel plans so we can coordinate.

      Feel free to PM me if you would like to exchange contact info.

      LINK TO ORIGINAL THREAD.
      I drive a Chewbaka noise maker. What 'bout you??

      WiTW'14
      Need a HFC or test pipe setup? PM me or email me on above!
      ArgonAddict

    2. Member Basil Fawlty's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 7th, 2003
      Location
      Wisco
      Posts
      9,525
      Vehicles
      2001 Volkswagen Golf
      02-28-2012 09:40 PM #2
      In

    3. Member baconfenders's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2010
      Location
      ATL / MCO
      Posts
      4,472
      Vehicles
      Generic Golf R
      02-28-2012 09:46 PM #3
      Possible meet-up with Atlanta-area folks enroute? See this: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...the-Woods-2012 /// Although our trip up there leaves on Friday...
      instagram: @baconfenders | Bagged APR Stage 2+ Golf R | Spinfab.net

    4. Member lil_kano's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 10th, 2007
      Location
      Boynton Beach, Fl
      Posts
      2,529
      Vehicles
      '04 RS .:R32 (Cloth), '02 Jetta TDI - R.I.P, '85 Scirocco - gone
      02-28-2012 10:00 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by smyrnagti View Post
      Possible meet-up with Atlanta-area folks enroute? See this: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...the-Woods-2012 /// Although our trip up there leaves on Friday...
      Perfect. Not sure of our travel date/time yet but we were probably looking at leaving down south wed night or thurs morning.
      I drive a Chewbaka noise maker. What 'bout you??

      WiTW'14
      Need a HFC or test pipe setup? PM me or email me on above!
      ArgonAddict

    5. Member mfbmike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2011
      Location
      305 Miami, FL
      Posts
      9,869
      Vehicles
      2013 FRS, 2008 R32, 1983 Rabbit
      02-28-2012 10:14 PM #5
      Adam from Wolfcars and I are going to riding up together. Needless to say, his R32 is a beast (big turbo, e85) and isn't exactly the most fuel efficient R32 heading up. I'm suspecting he probably gets 200 mile to a tank while we get somewhere closer to 300.

      Which means he'd likely be forced to stop for fuel every 2-3 hours as opposed to every 4. I've been able to get north of Orlando from Miami on one tank.

      Obviously having to stop more often puts a strain on a cruise but I kinda convinced him to come and it would be rude to me not to stick with him. lol.

      We'll be leaving sometime EARLY Thursday morning (staying at Fontana T/F/S nights). I want to say somewhere around midnight - 2 am so that we can get to Fontana Thursday afternoon and settle in before meeting everyone and maybe doing some driving Thursday night.

      Chase, I hope you're joining.
      Last edited by mfbmike; 02-28-2012 at 10:18 PM.
      Holy Milltek.
      Tarmacs cut it close.
      Miami Vase
      Cams A Make Her Dance

    6. Member lil_kano's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 10th, 2007
      Location
      Boynton Beach, Fl
      Posts
      2,529
      Vehicles
      '04 RS .:R32 (Cloth), '02 Jetta TDI - R.I.P, '85 Scirocco - gone
      02-28-2012 10:18 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by mfbmike View Post
      Adam from Wolfcars and I are going to riding up together. Needless to say, his R32 is a beast (big turbo, e85) and isn't exactly the most fuel efficient R32 heading up. I'm suspecting he probably gets 200 mile to a tank while we get somewhere closer to 300.

      Which means he'd likely be forced to stop for fuel every 2-3 hours as opposed to every 4. I've been able to get north of Orlando from Miami on one tank.

      Obviously having to stop more often puts a strain on a cruise but I kinda convinced him to come and it would be rude to me not to stick with him. lol.

      We'll be leaving sometime EARLY Thursday morning (staying at Fontana T/F/S nights). I want to say somewhere around midnight - 2 am so that we can get to Fontana Thursday afternoon and settle in before meeting everyone and maybe doing some driving Thursday night.
      Keep me updated. My buddy has an r32t and doesn't get the best of gas mileage as well. So i know the feeling.

      We may tag along with you just to keep the caravan going.
      I drive a Chewbaka noise maker. What 'bout you??

      WiTW'14
      Need a HFC or test pipe setup? PM me or email me on above!
      ArgonAddict

    7. Member mfbmike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2011
      Location
      305 Miami, FL
      Posts
      9,869
      Vehicles
      2013 FRS, 2008 R32, 1983 Rabbit
      02-28-2012 10:18 PM #7
      I'm also down to leave Wednesday night as well by the way.
      Holy Milltek.
      Tarmacs cut it close.
      Miami Vase
      Cams A Make Her Dance

    8. Member lil_kano's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 10th, 2007
      Location
      Boynton Beach, Fl
      Posts
      2,529
      Vehicles
      '04 RS .:R32 (Cloth), '02 Jetta TDI - R.I.P, '85 Scirocco - gone
      02-28-2012 10:40 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by mfbmike View Post
      I'm also down to leave Wednesday night as well by the way.
      OK sweet!
      I drive a Chewbaka noise maker. What 'bout you??

      WiTW'14
      Need a HFC or test pipe setup? PM me or email me on above!
      ArgonAddict

    9. Member Basil Fawlty's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 7th, 2003
      Location
      Wisco
      Posts
      9,525
      Vehicles
      2001 Volkswagen Golf
      02-28-2012 11:08 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by mfbmike View Post
      I'm also down to leave Wednesday night as well by the way.
      truth be told it would be too hard to try and sleep, I'll be too anxious!

    10. Member Wolfcars Tuning's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 30th, 2004
      Location
      South Florida
      Posts
      236
      Vehicles
      2010 Audi S4, 2014 GT3 soon
      02-29-2012 05:17 PM #10
      Yes our R will prob have to stop a couple of times more than the rest lol even dough we are taking 15gal extra in the trunk

    11. Member r32slvr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 17th, 2009
      Location
      Parkland, FL
      Posts
      288
      Vehicles
      04 Mk4 R32
      02-29-2012 07:25 PM #11
      YOU SNEEEAKY CANOOOO!!!!!!!!!

      Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

    12. Member lil_kano's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 10th, 2007
      Location
      Boynton Beach, Fl
      Posts
      2,529
      Vehicles
      '04 RS .:R32 (Cloth), '02 Jetta TDI - R.I.P, '85 Scirocco - gone
      03-01-2012 07:46 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by Wolfcars Tuning View Post
      Yes our R will prob have to stop a couple of times more than the rest lol even dough we are taking 15gal extra in the trunk
      So will this guy above me.
      I drive a Chewbaka noise maker. What 'bout you??

      WiTW'14
      Need a HFC or test pipe setup? PM me or email me on above!
      ArgonAddict

    13. Member mfbmike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2011
      Location
      305 Miami, FL
      Posts
      9,869
      Vehicles
      2013 FRS, 2008 R32, 1983 Rabbit
      03-01-2012 07:56 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by Wolfcars Tuning View Post
      Yes our R will prob have to stop a couple of times more than the rest lol even dough we are taking 15gal extra in the trunk
      Holy Milltek.
      Tarmacs cut it close.
      Miami Vase
      Cams A Make Her Dance

    14. Member mfbmike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2011
      Location
      305 Miami, FL
      Posts
      9,869
      Vehicles
      2013 FRS, 2008 R32, 1983 Rabbit
      03-01-2012 07:56 PM #14
      So unofficial list right now:

      - Mike
      - Adam
      - Chase
      - Kano
      - R32silvr

      Anyone else?
      Holy Milltek.
      Tarmacs cut it close.
      Miami Vase
      Cams A Make Her Dance

    15. Member Basil Fawlty's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 7th, 2003
      Location
      Wisco
      Posts
      9,525
      Vehicles
      2001 Volkswagen Golf
      03-01-2012 08:32 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by mfbmike View Post
      So unofficial list right now:

      - Mike
      - Adam
      - Chase
      - Kano
      - R32silvr

      Anyone else?



      Not a bad looking little caravan!

    16. Member mfbmike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2011
      Location
      305 Miami, FL
      Posts
      9,869
      Vehicles
      2013 FRS, 2008 R32, 1983 Rabbit
      03-01-2012 08:38 PM #16
      Oh yeah, Adam mentioned a stage 3 s4 also riding up with us, Anthony if I remember correctly. That's 6 cars.
      Holy Milltek.
      Tarmacs cut it close.
      Miami Vase
      Cams A Make Her Dance

    17. Member Basil Fawlty's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 7th, 2003
      Location
      Wisco
      Posts
      9,525
      Vehicles
      2001 Volkswagen Golf
      03-01-2012 08:44 PM #17
      we'll pick up some stragglers in NoFla and GA.

    18. Member mfbmike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2011
      Location
      305 Miami, FL
      Posts
      9,869
      Vehicles
      2013 FRS, 2008 R32, 1983 Rabbit
      03-01-2012 08:46 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by Basil Fawlty View Post
      we'll pick up some stragglers in NoFla and GA.
      I'm not worried. Things can get complicated when cruises get very large. lol.

      And as far as I can tell right now, this caravan seems to be a lot less organized than the other LBR ones from Chicago and the Northeast.
      Holy Milltek.
      Tarmacs cut it close.
      Miami Vase
      Cams A Make Her Dance

    19. Member Basil Fawlty's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 7th, 2003
      Location
      Wisco
      Posts
      9,525
      Vehicles
      2001 Volkswagen Golf
      03-01-2012 08:54 PM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by mfbmike View Post
      I'm not worried. Things can get complicated when cruises get very large. lol.

      And as far as I can tell right now, this caravan seems to be a lot less organized than the other LBR ones from Chicago and the Northeast.
      We'll pull it together with some vinyls soon.

    20. Banned ThatVdub's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 28th, 2010
      Location
      Jax, FL
      Posts
      6,931
      Vehicles
      Golf R
      03-01-2012 09:02 PM #20
      My wife, daughter and I are "in," if my car isn't sold by then... I am not anxious to sell her, really.

    21. Member lil_kano's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 10th, 2007
      Location
      Boynton Beach, Fl
      Posts
      2,529
      Vehicles
      '04 RS .:R32 (Cloth), '02 Jetta TDI - R.I.P, '85 Scirocco - gone
      03-02-2012 10:15 AM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by ThatVdub View Post
      My wife, daughter and I are "in," if my car isn't sold by then... I am not anxious to sell her, really.
      Sweet! Finally get to meet some other Fl dubs. I wonder if Brian Shinners is going?
      I drive a Chewbaka noise maker. What 'bout you??

      WiTW'14
      Need a HFC or test pipe setup? PM me or email me on above!
      ArgonAddict

    22. Member lil_kano's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 10th, 2007
      Location
      Boynton Beach, Fl
      Posts
      2,529
      Vehicles
      '04 RS .:R32 (Cloth), '02 Jetta TDI - R.I.P, '85 Scirocco - gone
      03-02-2012 10:17 AM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by Basil Fawlty View Post
      1. Mike
      2. Adam
      3. Chase
      4. Rohri
      5. Stefan
      6. John

      Thanks for spelling my name wrong again. You're on the shiit list with Nelson now.
      I drive a Chewbaka noise maker. What 'bout you??

      WiTW'14
      Need a HFC or test pipe setup? PM me or email me on above!
      ArgonAddict

    23. Banned ThatVdub's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 28th, 2010
      Location
      Jax, FL
      Posts
      6,931
      Vehicles
      Golf R
      03-02-2012 07:26 PM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by lil_kano View Post
      Sweet! Finally get to meet some other Fl dubs.

    24. Member L-I-V-I-N's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 26th, 2009
      Location
      Decatur, GA
      Posts
      267
      Vehicles
      04 VW R32, 10 CC R-Line
      03-02-2012 07:47 PM #24
      I'm in. What day and time are you coming through atlanta?

    25. Member Basil Fawlty's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 7th, 2003
      Location
      Wisco
      Posts
      9,525
      Vehicles
      2001 Volkswagen Golf
      03-03-2012 07:19 AM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by L-I-V-I-N View Post
      I'm in. What day and time are you coming through atlanta?
      Should be Thursday around noon.

    26. Member L-I-V-I-N's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 26th, 2009
      Location
      Decatur, GA
      Posts
      267
      Vehicles
      04 VW R32, 10 CC R-Line
      03-03-2012 12:40 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by Basil Fawlty View Post
      Should be Thursday around noon.
      Cool. Bring the V12!!!

      what a pick up!

    27. Member lil_kano's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 10th, 2007
      Location
      Boynton Beach, Fl
      Posts
      2,529
      Vehicles
      '04 RS .:R32 (Cloth), '02 Jetta TDI - R.I.P, '85 Scirocco - gone
      03-03-2012 08:39 PM #27
      A little teaser to one of many mods done so far for WiTW'12 Absolute teaser.

      I drive a Chewbaka noise maker. What 'bout you??

      WiTW'14
      Need a HFC or test pipe setup? PM me or email me on above!
      ArgonAddict

    28. Member oldracer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 15th, 2005
      Location
      Oviedo, Florida
      Posts
      1,615
      Vehicles
      2008 DBM R32 # 3783, 2009 GLI
      03-03-2012 08:53 PM #28
      My wife and I are planning to leave Thursday AM at 5:30, I'm thinking of going up thru Atlanta for an adventure.... we usually go up 95 to 26 in SC and then across to Columbia, and then on to the Dragon.
      I have always had traffic issues with Atlanta, so for 3 years we have loved the other route!

      P have met Mike, but don't think I met any of you other guys yet...... looking forward to it though.

      If you let me know which route you guys settle on, we'll try to join you.
      I run a Passport 9500ix and a Garmin......

      I can easily get 300+ miles per tank, unfortunately as a Diabetic, I get 200ish miles on the bladder...... so frequent stops are good with us.

      Mike PM me if you want my cell phone please.
      I have VCDS
      Old Geezer addicted to cars, bikes, racing and my Grandkids and The Dragon
      oldracer = used to race 911's and many other cars for 25 years, owned a race/fabrication shop for 11 years
      UM Combo tune, PSS Michelins, garage queen at his point

    29. Member Basil Fawlty's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 7th, 2003
      Location
      Wisco
      Posts
      9,525
      Vehicles
      2001 Volkswagen Golf
      03-03-2012 09:23 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by lil_kano View Post
      A little teaser to one of many mods done so far for WiTW'12 Absolute teaser.

      looks like 9" wheels?

    30. Member lil_kano's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 10th, 2007
      Location
      Boynton Beach, Fl
      Posts
      2,529
      Vehicles
      '04 RS .:R32 (Cloth), '02 Jetta TDI - R.I.P, '85 Scirocco - gone
      03-03-2012 09:52 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by oldracer View Post
      My wife and I are planning to leave Thursday AM at 5:30, I'm thinking of going up thru Atlanta for an adventure.... we usually go up 95 to 26 in SC and then across to Columbia, and then on to the Dragon.
      I have always had traffic issues with Atlanta, so for 3 years we have loved the other route!

      P have met Mike, but don't think I met any of you other guys yet...... looking forward to it though.

      If you let me know which route you guys settle on, we'll try to join you.
      I run a Passport 9500ix and a Garmin......

      I can easily get 300+ miles per tank, unfortunately as a Diabetic, I get 200ish miles on the bladder...... so frequent stops are good with us.

      Mike PM me if you want my cell phone please.


      Quote Originally Posted by Basil Fawlty View Post
      looks like 9" wheels?
      I drive a Chewbaka noise maker. What 'bout you??

      WiTW'14
      Need a HFC or test pipe setup? PM me or email me on above!
      ArgonAddict

    31. Member Basil Fawlty's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 7th, 2003
      Location
      Wisco
      Posts
      9,525
      Vehicles
      2001 Volkswagen Golf
      03-03-2012 10:15 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by lil_kano View Post





    32. Member lil_kano's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 10th, 2007
      Location
      Boynton Beach, Fl
      Posts
      2,529
      Vehicles
      '04 RS .:R32 (Cloth), '02 Jetta TDI - R.I.P, '85 Scirocco - gone
      03-03-2012 10:48 PM #32
      That video cracks me up every time. All you hear is "uh oh, uh oh!"

      So what were the times on that run??
      I drive a Chewbaka noise maker. What 'bout you??

      WiTW'14
      Need a HFC or test pipe setup? PM me or email me on above!
      ArgonAddict

    33. Member Basil Fawlty's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 7th, 2003
      Location
      Wisco
      Posts
      9,525
      Vehicles
      2001 Volkswagen Golf
      03-03-2012 10:55 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by lil_kano View Post
      That video cracks me up every time. All you hear is "uh oh, uh oh!"

      So what were the times on that run??
      ....times are irrelevant, me out in front, that is what counts!

    34. Member lil_kano's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 10th, 2007
      Location
      Boynton Beach, Fl
      Posts
      2,529
      Vehicles
      '04 RS .:R32 (Cloth), '02 Jetta TDI - R.I.P, '85 Scirocco - gone
      03-03-2012 10:59 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by Basil Fawlty View Post
      ....times are irrelevant, me out in front, that is what counts!
      and me catching you is also completely irrelevant.

      I drive a Chewbaka noise maker. What 'bout you??

      WiTW'14
      Need a HFC or test pipe setup? PM me or email me on above!
      ArgonAddict

    35. Member lil_kano's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 10th, 2007
      Location
      Boynton Beach, Fl
      Posts
      2,529
      Vehicles
      '04 RS .:R32 (Cloth), '02 Jetta TDI - R.I.P, '85 Scirocco - gone
      03-05-2012 11:58 AM #35
      OK, so how about getting this thing a bit organized.

      It would be awesome to meet up with the ATL boys BUT, Stefan and I have our rooms booked for check in on Thursday.

      So ideally leaving Wed night or EARLY Thurs morning would be good.

      Thoughts??

      I will update the 1st post for reference as needed.
      Last edited by lil_kano; 03-05-2012 at 12:05 PM.
      I drive a Chewbaka noise maker. What 'bout you??

      WiTW'14
      Need a HFC or test pipe setup? PM me or email me on above!
      ArgonAddict

    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •