Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is going to SoWo this year in the 2.5 group?

Hybrid View

Vehicles
      08' Rabbit 2.5T (RIP), 12' Golf R
      02-29-2012 03:07 PM #1
      I know last year Jimmy and Fred wanted to make it out to Waterfest but couldnt, I will be making the trip down with 5 or so cars from my local area (im the only 2.5 )

Were planning on driving over on the 16'th, we got our cabin booked so we are looking to have a great week down there!

We are also planning a Tail of the Dragon cruise on the Friday and didnt know if any of you would be remotely interested in joining, so i thought i would throw it out there for anyone interested.

So, who's going to SoWo!?

Confirmed Attandees:
      1. GTACanuck
      2. Thygreyt
      3. nickbeezy
      4. Hollisjoy
      5. xtentual
      6. Fudgey Memory
      7. itskholer
      8. nunumkv
      9. SimpleStaple
      10. driftme
      11. RabbidRabbitt
      12. Veeedubn
      13. Ferd Burfel
      14. kiserhd
      15. AllFloridaG2G
      16. Burbank2broward
      17. mldouthi

Tentative:
      1. 2pt5_20v_pwr

Heed this caution please while attending. This was taken from one of the organizers of the show. I dont want my first visit to SoWo to be my/your last.

Well folks, we're truly at a crossroads with SOWO. Your enthusiasm and support have made SOWO one of the largest VAG events in the country. The challenge is...we're hosting it in one of the tiniest towns in the country. It's fair to say, the communities of Helen and surrounding White County Georgia appreciate the economic impact of our visit, but are quite overwhelmed by the magnitude and varying levels of maturity our event presents.

For the past six year's, the people of this community have embraced us and the police have been incredibly lenient. It's simply easier for them to politely ask people to improve their behavior than to attempt to ticket and process everyone that insists on pushing the limits.

Until now.

I've recently had a visit with the City Manager and the Chief of Police and they have expressed their gratitude to you for the lack of arrests and serious charges over the last five years, but they have also expressed a concern for the lack of respect and consideration for the permanent residents. The Chief told me in simple terms, "when we feel like it's a lot of work AND we get disrespected?, well it's just not worth the hassle. I personally love SOWO, never thought I'd be worked up over looking around for VW's, but it's great for Helen, I just hope these participants don't make us dread seein' em'."

Having said that, the HPD's goal is to observe and monitor...THEY DO NOT WANT TO GET INVOLVED. So it's up to you to determine the future of SOWO. Remember, they won't stop you from enjoying yourself, just from disturbing the peace!

Here's the challenge areas from the last few year's and what's likely to happen.

Theft of/or destruction/defacing of public or city property. Once the SOWO banners are up on the sign posts, they become property of the City of Helen and are subject to a $250 fine for removal of city property, $250 fine for damage of city property (in 2012, the sign posts will have to be damaged in order to forcibly remove one of the banners)
      *If caught, no warning. Arrest for theft, incarceration until Monday when a judge is (maybe) available.

Bullhorns. They might have been funny for about 42 seconds four year's ago, but yeah..no, not anymore. If caught, you will be asked for your city provided Public Address use permit and copy of FCC Rules/Regs. If you don't have both, expect no more than one warning, and then it's $100 fine for disturbing the peace. I promise you, whatever your saying ain't worth it.

Burnouts. Well, after five year's I promise I'm not gonna mention this one anymore. If you want to do burnouts.....GO OUT OF THE CITY LIMITS! Hell, it only takes about 45 sec to get from one limit to the other. I know none of you love tire smoke more than us but damn. Think! Most likely, one warning...but not a promise. Expect a ticket for even having water on or near the street. If you are present at the site of a burnout or supply water, or are in reasonable distance of the water while the burnout is occurring, you can be cited for creating an unsafe driving condition or unavoidable hazard. POP! $250. Driver, you're lucky.....inappropriate display of speed all the way up to reckless endangerment.....$150-215.

Folks, there's plenty of fun to be had by simply showing up, enjoying some cool cars, meeting some new people...catching up with old friends and ensuring the harmonious future of SOWO. It's just not worth taking that one idiotic extra step to try and bring it down for errbody.
      Source: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...s-and-Burnouts
      Last edited by GTACanuck; 04-23-2012 at 09:31 AM.

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      02-29-2012 03:36 PM #2
      i'll be there!

i'm staying in cleveland, which happens to be merely 8 miles away.

SUPER excited for the event in 79 days...!!!

obviously i WONT be with or near unitronic booth... lets keep this thread alive if possible, to exchange info near the event to meet up, or park closely

Vehicles
      mkv
      02-29-2012 03:39 PM #3
      that sounds awesome. nothing like hitting some s turns then enjoying SOWO. sounds like a plan
      follow me @dominickhenry | 2.5l UM tuned! | SCCA Solo FSP class |Flickr | Build Thread | FS Benz wheels

Vehicles
      02-29-2012 03:42 PM #4
      Awesome Fred! We get to meet finally. I was told by the company that owns the cabins we are using (blue creek cabins) that its about a 15 minute drive to Helen. Pretty excited about this.

Now I know you are not the biggest C2 supporter, but I am picking up my turbo kit there and possibly gonna install it at the cabin! Just arranged it with Danny today. We got 3 guys that are practically mechanics and they want to do it on site! Now its just up to us either towing the car to the C2 booth or see if they would be able to come out for a couple 's and flash me.

I had you on my old facebook, gonna re-add you on my new one.

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      02-29-2012 03:58 PM #5
      facebook.com/fred.tamayo

as per the install, count me in!

i may not love C2, but i do love this engine!!!

if you need anything, let me know. tools, i have!

Vehicles
      02-29-2012 04:03 PM #6
      Got you added there Fred! Hey man, my cottage is your cottage. You are more than welcome to come up for some brew and turbo install

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      02-29-2012 04:10 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by GTACanuck View Post
      Got you added there Fred! Hey man, my cottage is your cottage. You are more than welcome to come up for some brew and turbo install
      i dont drink.. beer/wine. lol.

plus i'll be driving and with my 13 yr old brother.
      but sure, i'll swing by and help you on anything you need.

make sure you bring all the tools, the teflon, the oil pan gasket, oil, new studs and copper nuts, some anti seize compound... um.. if within 10k of the 40k service, bring spark plugs and gap em for better turbo efficiency (dont remember the gap, but Josh@nls should.. or search user Darkk) The oil pan should have the hole welded and capped for the turbo return line.

thats off the top of my head.

Vehicles
      2005.5/08 Jetta 2.5T
      02-29-2012 04:45 PM #8
      ...I am picking up my turbo kit there and possibly gonna install it at the cabin! Just arranged it with Danny today...
      nice man!
      United Motorsports 2.5T

9. Banner Advertiser C2Motorsports's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Variety of Volkswagens
      03-02-2012 11:29 AM #9
      ..... I am picking up my turbo kit there and possibly gonna install it at the cabin! Just arranged it with Danny today. We got 3 guys that are practically mechanics and they want to do it on site! Now its just up to us either towing the car to the C2 booth or see if they would be able to come out for a couple 's and flash me.
      We are excited for you to join the C2Motorsports family, but I feel it is my responsibility to caution you about installing a full turbo kit..........while at a show..........staying at a cabin.........without a garage.......without full access to tools and incidentals.

Can it be done....probably
      But please think things through as there are aspects of the installation that will require additional tools.

I.E.
      Welding of the oil pan return line.
      What if an exhaust stud breaks or backs out while removing? How will you fix it? Drill and re tap?
      Soldering of injector harnesses.
      There are a lot of little installation obstacles that when done in a proper setting we take for granted. I am just cautious to encourage this amount of work at a remote location.

I am not trying to rain on your parade, I am just wanting to challenge you guys to think things through completely before taking on such an install. We want our products, and our customers to have the best experience...and this has the potential to NOT be a positive experience.

C2
      C2Motorsports Inc
      www.c2motorsports.com
      chris@c2motorsports.net
      502.895.3660 p
      502.290.6245 f

Vehicles
      2012 Tornado Red Beetle Turbo
      03-02-2012 11:47 AM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by C2Motorsports View Post
      We are excited for you to join the C2Motorsports family, but I feel it is my responsibility to caution you about installing a full turbo kit..........while at a show..........staying at a cabin.........without a garage.......without full access to tools and incidentals.

There are a lot of little installation obstacles that when done in a proper setting we take for granted. I am just cautious to encourage this amount of work at a remote location.

I am not trying to rain on your parade, I am just wanting to challenge you guys to think things through completely before taking on such an install. We want our products, and our customers to have the best experience...and this has the potential to NOT be a positive experience.

C2
      I agree. This sounds like a recipe for disaster. These things descend into hell pretty quickly once they go wrong. Does that little town even have an auto parts store?
      “Some say that he’s a CIA experiment that went wrong, and that he only eats cheese. All we know is he’s not the Stig, but he is the Stig’s American Cousin.”

11. Banner Advertiser nothing-leaves-stock's Avatar
      Vehicles
      a few.
      03-02-2012 11:58 AM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by Fudgey Memory View Post
      I agree. This sounds like a recipe for disaster. These things descend into hell pretty quickly once they go wrong. Does that little town even have an auto parts store?
      agree. even professional could have major issues with this. may not be the wisest idea for any major install.
      www.nothingleavesstock.com
      NLS's full line of parts on our online store!http://nothingleavesstock.com/online...=0&sort=normal
      Email us at sales@nothingleavesstock.com 5780 Main St. Center Valley PA 18034 610 282 5487

Vehicles
      2012 Jetta, 2008 Jetta RIP
      03-02-2012 12:01 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by thygreyt View Post
      i could help you with that!

all i charge will be gatorade, and that you let me know in advance, so that i may bring the tools.
      Noted, you'll get a call from me in may.
      Quote Originally Posted by Danny@C2Motorsports View Post
      We don't do service on cars or installs at shows (for obvious reasons lol)
      I know you wouldn't, I was joshin around. Next time I'll add a goofy smiley or something

Vehicles
      '08 2.5Turbo Rabbit
      02-29-2012 11:55 PM #13
      Been thinking a drive from Seattle would be quite incredible...been talking with the wife about it... I know its a drive but come on...boosted rabbit with a newly installed Sri could be fun!

Hmmm options?
      god i love my car. it may not be fast, but it's crazy fun!

C2 stage 2 TURBO!!! ACHTUNG!!! 2.5liter 5cylinder contents under pressure!!!

14. Member
      Vehicles
      2008 Rabbit
      03-01-2012 08:45 AM #14
      I'll be there. Would love to stop by and check out your turbo install and/or a possible ride along.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      03-01-2012 09:09 AM #15
      I'm going. Dunno if we're taking my golf or someone else's though.
      “Some say that he’s a CIA experiment that went wrong, and that he only eats cheese. All we know is he’s not the Stig, but he is the Stig’s American Cousin.”

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      03-01-2012 09:08 AM #16
      I guess we all now have a meeting placee!!

sent from tapatalk

Vehicles
      03-01-2012 11:53 AM #17
      I guess we all now have a meeting placee!!

sent from tapatalk
      It's starting to sound like that very much!

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      03-01-2012 12:20 PM #18
      thats actually a good thing!

we are few, we should stick together!

Vehicles
      08' Rabbit (Lifted), 07' Rabbit (not Lifted... Yet), 93 Audi 100s, 97 zx6r (Fighter Project)
      03-01-2012 12:49 PM #19
      I am pretty sure I am going, but its not set in stone yet.

If I go will also be my first VW event.

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      03-01-2012 01:03 PM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by mldouthi View Post
      I am pretty sure I am going, but its not set in stone yet.

If I go will also be my first VW event.
      you HAVE to go.

Vehicles
      03-01-2012 04:43 PM #21
      thats actually a good thing!

we are few, we should stick together!
      If you don't have rooms, the Econolodge is a great location and rooms are $99. Not bad for in town. Good reviews.

We should all meet up somewhere and ride.

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      03-01-2012 04:55 PM #22
      Meeting is at the turbo install

sent from tapatalk

Vehicles
      03-01-2012 05:04 PM #23
      Meeting is at the turbo install

sent from tapatalk
      I looked back, but didn't see a location.

Vehicles
      03-01-2012 05:20 PM #24
      Hey Fred, have any open seats?

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      03-01-2012 05:50 PM #25
      I'll send you a text

sent from tapatalk

26. 03-02-2012 11:16 AM #26
      Awesome Fred! We get to meet finally. I was told by the company that owns the cabins we are using (blue creek cabins) that its about a 15 minute drive to Helen. Pretty excited about this.

Now I know you are not the biggest C2 supporter, but I am picking up my turbo kit there and possibly gonna install it at the cabin! Just arranged it with Danny today. We got 3 guys that are practically mechanics and they want to do it on site! Now its just up to us either towing the car to the C2 booth or see if they would be able to come out for a couple 's and flash me.

I had you on my old facebook, gonna re-add you on my new one.
      An install AT SoWo?

added to the hate list.. along with C2..

This will be my 5th straight year at SoWo... My favorite show of the year. It sucks that you guys wont be staying in Helen because thats the best part: parking your car at the hotel and just walking around all weekend between hotels and chilling with everyone.

CAN. NOT. WAIT.
      Last edited by Jason@C2Motorsports; 03-02-2012 at 11:25 AM.

Vehicles
      03-02-2012 11:30 AM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by Danny@C2Motorsports View Post
      An install AT SoWo?

This will be my 5th straight year at SoWo... My favorite show of the year. It sucks that you guys wont be staying in Helen because thats the best part: parking your car at the hotel and just walking around all weekend between hotels and chilling with everyone.

CAN. NOT. WAIT.
      I might just book in Helen.

Would you guys be able to do an SRI install?

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      03-02-2012 11:33 AM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by itskohler View Post

i could help you with that!

all i charge will be gatorade, and that you let me know in advance, so that i may bring the tools.

29. 03-02-2012 11:47 AM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by itskohler View Post

We don't do service on cars or installs at shows (for obvious reasons lol)

Vehicles
      '08 2.5Turbo Rabbit
      03-02-2012 08:34 PM #30
      Took me alone in my garage 12 hours to install my kit...but it should be noted that I would NEVER try to install something like a turbo in the drive way of some cabin. I have to say if you're gonna do it, bring your entire tool box, and extra heater hoses, extra exhaust manifold studs, extra bolts and nuts in case you can't back one out or one breaks.and I'd suggest you install your oil pan early. Just cap it at the return. And install your injectors and be flashed first. That way you don't have to wait.
      god i love my car. it may not be fast, but it's crazy fun!

C2 stage 2 TURBO!!! ACHTUNG!!! 2.5liter 5cylinder contents under pressure!!!

31. Banner Advertiser nothing-leaves-stock's Avatar
      Vehicles
      a few.
      03-03-2012 10:46 AM #31
      waste time by going fishing, bird watching and drinking scotch with a cigar...
      .install your turbo before or after SOWO at a shop or at home where its safer to do so.
      www.nothingleavesstock.com
      NLS's full line of parts on our online store!http://nothingleavesstock.com/online...=0&sort=normal
      Email us at sales@nothingleavesstock.com 5780 Main St. Center Valley PA 18034 610 282 5487

Vehicles
      03-03-2012 12:28 PM #32
      LMAO! Lets get back on topic. Its not being done at the cottage now anyways.

SoWo!!!!

Vehicles
      jetta 2.5
      03-04-2012 12:44 AM #33
      Never been to SoWo but will definitely try to make this year my first

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      03-04-2012 02:00 AM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by 2pt5_20v_pwr View Post
      Never been to SoWo but will definitely try to make this year my first
      doo itt!

Vehicles