Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Results 316 to 350 of 454

    Thread: Dubbin'Durim's GTI Thread Pt. 2

    1. Member Squirrel Nuts's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 25th, 2010
      Location
      Miami, FL
      Posts
      19,139
      Vehicles
      2015 Autobahn GTI / 2010 GTI (Totaled) / 2007 GLI (Sold)
      04-25-2012 02:45 PM #316
      Quote Originally Posted by choey View Post
      My bags feel just like stock.

    2. Member DRedman45's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 7th, 2009
      Location
      NOVA
      Posts
      1,751
      Vehicles
      07 SB Rabbit(sold), 10 UG 4dr GTI(sold), e86 //M coupe
      04-25-2012 06:23 PM #317
      Quote Originally Posted by Dubbin'Duriiim View Post
      Now I dont know many cars that can do 12.0 flat in the quarter mile, especially giving it props since it is fwd but i would say that is pretty damn fast.

      Also Stage3 with DSG has not beaten his time.
      that isn't true...patrick went 11.73 when he was stage 3(dsg car) and then 11.53 with 3+

    3. Member Boost Logic's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 25th, 2008
      Location
      Hanover, Pa
      Posts
      1,685
      Vehicles
      2013 Golf R
      04-25-2012 07:28 PM #318
      This.thread.is.hilarious
      Quote Originally Posted by mfbmike View Post
      bags are for 40's
      Instagram @dbradyy

    4. Junior Member Rodlund's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2011
      Location
      stillwater,MN usa
      Posts
      87
      Vehicles
      2008 rabbit 2.5
      04-25-2012 10:07 PM #319
      Quote Originally Posted by Boost Logic View Post
      This.thread.is.hilarious
      this makes for some entertaining reading to say the least

    5. Member nick0188's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 8th, 2007
      Location
      Pittsburgh, PA
      Posts
      3,250
      Vehicles
      11 APR K04 GTI, 03 Z1000
      05-09-2012 08:29 AM #320
      Holy hell did this thread go to ****
      I would have to agree that the ST's ride very well. I guess I only have cars on springs and a bunch of different suspensions on mk4's to compare them to, but they are the best thing I have rode on. Have never been in a car on bags...after thinking about it I heard about how many people blew lines driving at the "tail of the dragon" last week and it changed my mind. Also every person on them is always fixing leaks. **** that, I just want to drive.

      Car looks pretty good either way
      11 GTI APR K04
      Build Thread
      Best ET: 12.8
      Best Trap: 113

    6. Senior Member Aonarch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 4th, 2006
      Location
      US 129/ GA SR 60
      Posts
      34,461
      Vehicles
      The Standard of the World | Das Auto | Feed Your Restless
      05-09-2012 08:57 AM #321
      Quote Originally Posted by coneklr View Post
      Actually speaking of which the closest suspension I have driven on to "stock" was actually bags haha. Thus why I ordered them. I will have had three suspensions on my MKVI in less than a year. Had two different coils on my MKV (VMAXX and Ksport both of which sucked). Had FK's on my MKIV (liked those other than they clunked). And had ST's on my MKII (liked those on there, much better ride than the MKVI on ST's).
      My FK's ride very well, even on the Dragon, but god do they clunk it is embarassing.
      Semper Fi | USMC '06-'14 | 0311 | 0331| 0933
      Aonarch's Blog!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
      Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

    7. Member Squirrel Nuts's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 25th, 2010
      Location
      Miami, FL
      Posts
      19,139
      Vehicles
      2015 Autobahn GTI / 2010 GTI (Totaled) / 2007 GLI (Sold)
      05-09-2012 09:47 AM #322

    8. Member Dubbin'Duriiim's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 28th, 2011
      Location
      Westchester
      Posts
      2,273
      Vehicles
      KO4 DBM MKVI 11' GTI 6spd MT
      05-09-2012 02:46 PM #323
      Quote Originally Posted by nick0188 View Post
      Holy hell did this thread go to ****
      I would have to agree that the ST's ride very well. I guess I only have cars on springs and a bunch of different suspensions on mk4's to compare them to, but they are the best thing I have rode on. Have never been in a car on bags...after thinking about it I heard about how many people blew lines driving at the "tail of the dragon" last week and it changed my mind. Also every person on them is always fixing leaks. **** that, I just want to drive.

      Car looks pretty good either way


      Thanks Nick, i was waiting for you to comment and share your experience with the STs!

    9. Member Dubbin'Duriiim's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 28th, 2011
      Location
      Westchester
      Posts
      2,273
      Vehicles
      KO4 DBM MKVI 11' GTI 6spd MT
      05-09-2012 02:47 PM #324
      City Lights w/ Fogs (4300k)



      From DoD


    10. Member hussdog426's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 20th, 2011
      Location
      North Jersey
      Posts
      10,070
      Vehicles
      '12 GTI '14 Jetta
      05-09-2012 07:28 PM #325
      Quote Originally Posted by johnnyR32 View Post
      IMO the best place for mounting a euro plate is in the trash.

    11. Member Dubbin'Duriiim's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 28th, 2011
      Location
      Westchester
      Posts
      2,273
      Vehicles
      KO4 DBM MKVI 11' GTI 6spd MT
      05-10-2012 07:56 PM #326

    12. Senior Member 98DUB's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2003
      Location
      Lowlife, WA
      Posts
      21,617
      Vehicles
      MKIII VR6, Tiguan SEL
      05-11-2012 01:14 AM #327
      Quote Originally Posted by nick0188 View Post
      I heard about how many people blew lines driving at the "tail of the dragon" last week and it changed my mind. Also every person on them is always fixing leaks. **** that, I just want to drive.
      How many people? and why were they blowing lines? Sounds like a fail on the install
      -=MyMK3=-

      IG: @Kellen_

    13. Member nick0188's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 8th, 2007
      Location
      Pittsburgh, PA
      Posts
      3,250
      Vehicles
      11 APR K04 GTI, 03 Z1000
      05-11-2012 05:58 AM #328
      Quote Originally Posted by 98DUB View Post
      How many people? and why were they blowing lines? Sounds like a fail on the install
      I think Aonarch posted it somewhere that the bagged people were blowing lines (he was at the event). And I'm all for bags and everyone that says they are great, but just about every one of you guys has had to track down leaks at some point after the install. I mean, there are 20 foot air lines running under your car...they are going to leak at some point. Once again, don't take this the wrong way. They just seem like a hassle.
      11 GTI APR K04
      Build Thread
      Best ET: 12.8
      Best Trap: 113

    14. Member lowerthanzimmy's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 7th, 2010
      Location
      302
      Posts
      11,392
      Vehicles
      Ls3
      05-11-2012 06:42 AM #329
      Quote Originally Posted by 98DUB View Post
      How many people? and why were they blowing lines? Sounds like a fail on the install
      this.




      beat the hell outta my car still....not one issue.

      yuksquad.//EE Militia//4EverKustoms
      [B]Owner- All in the DEtails Automotive Detailing

    15. Senior Member 98DUB's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2003
      Location
      Lowlife, WA
      Posts
      21,617
      Vehicles
      MKIII VR6, Tiguan SEL
      05-11-2012 10:17 AM #330
      Quote Originally Posted by nick0188 View Post
      I think Aonarch posted it somewhere that the bagged people were blowing lines (he was at the event). And I'm all for bags and everyone that says they are great, but just about every one of you guys has had to track down leaks at some point after the install. I mean, there are 20 foot air lines running under your car...they are going to leak at some point. Once again, don't take this the wrong way. They just seem like a hassle.
      I love when people post random things about nothing they know. Well I heard from someone about something that another dude with bags blew a line... Therefore everyone with bags blew a line this year.

      Yes, you may have a couple leaks of the install. But it took me a day to find them, retape and know im good to go. the lines are ran under the car next to the brake lines with the belly pan covering them. So its not like the DOT rated lines are exposed to anything. But, yeah know whats up.


      Quote Originally Posted by LowerThanZimmy View Post
      this.




      beat the hell outta my car still....not one issue.

      BEAST MODE!
      -=MyMK3=-

      IG: @Kellen_

    16. Member lowerthanzimmy's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 7th, 2010
      Location
      302
      Posts
      11,392
      Vehicles
      Ls3
      05-11-2012 10:19 AM #331
      Quote Originally Posted by 98dub View Post
      i love when people post random things about nothing they know. Well i heard from someone about something that another dude with bags blew a line... Therefore everyone with bags blew a line this year.

      Yes, you may have a couple leaks of the install. But it took me a day to find them, retape and know im good to go. The lines are ran under the car next to the brake lines with the belly pan covering them. So its not like the dot rated lines are exposed to anything. But, yeah know whats up.




      Beast mode!

      hold mah diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.
      yuksquad.//EE Militia//4EverKustoms
      [B]Owner- All in the DEtails Automotive Detailing

    17. Member Squirrel Nuts's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 25th, 2010
      Location
      Miami, FL
      Posts
      19,139
      Vehicles
      2015 Autobahn GTI / 2010 GTI (Totaled) / 2007 GLI (Sold)
      05-11-2012 10:39 AM #332
      Quote Originally Posted by 98DUB View Post
      I love when people post random things about nothing they know. Well I heard from someone about something that another dude with bags blew a line... Therefore everyone with bags blew a line this year.

      Yes, you may have a couple leaks of the install. But it took me a day to find them, retape and know im good to go. the lines are ran under the car next to the brake lines with the belly pan covering them. So its not like the DOT rated lines are exposed to anything. But, yeah know whats up.
      Air ride for life bro.

    18. Member llllllll vr6 lllllll's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 10th, 2008
      Location
      Winchestertinfieldville
      Posts
      3,463
      Vehicles
      2 MK6's. One with switches
      05-11-2012 10:41 AM #333
      I like turtles
      BAG RIDERS

    19. Member nick0188's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 8th, 2007
      Location
      Pittsburgh, PA
      Posts
      3,250
      Vehicles
      11 APR K04 GTI, 03 Z1000
      05-11-2012 10:57 AM #334
      Quote Originally Posted by 98DUB View Post
      I love when people post random things about nothing they know. Well I heard from someone about something that another dude with bags blew a line... Therefore everyone with bags blew a line this year.

      Yes, you may have a couple leaks of the install. But it took me a day to find them, retape and know im good to go. the lines are ran under the car next to the brake lines with the belly pan covering them. So its not like the DOT rated lines are exposed to anything. But, yeah know whats up.




      BEAST MODE!
      I said I wasn't trying to be a dick, just said what I heard. Sorry you got so butt-hurt over it. I look at every one of the build threads on here pretty regularly and at least once a week one of them says "tracing down leaks, retaping threads..." blah blah blah. Oh yea and the kid who sold his and went back to coils because he couldn't drive his car in the winter because of the lines freezing. You can't tell me you just "overlook" those posts. I understand they are cool. I understand they are comfortable. I get it. I just don't believe that with the pressures each bag will see while daily throwing it into turns (not mentioning winter time) that leaks won't occur, lines freeze and/or bags will pop. Yea the lines are DOT rated... so are "Street" slicks and nankang tires along with millions of other things that really shouldn't see day in and out use and the abuse of salty winters. Just because it says DOT doesn't mean it's right. Hell I can buy a bicycle helmet that says DOT. Would you wear that cruising on the highway on a motorcycle? Once again, I understand the bag thing..I just don't think they would hold up to my abuse without me having to screw with them every other day.

      And Zimmy, you just search for threads that say anything about bags and try to start arguments in them. I was just stating what I heard above, nothing else. I was not saying anything bad about people/cars on bags what so ever.

      Durim, post some pics or something to get this **** back on topic

      11 GTI APR K04
      Build Thread
      Best ET: 12.8
      Best Trap: 113

    20. Member Squirrel Nuts's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 25th, 2010
      Location
      Miami, FL
      Posts
      19,139
      Vehicles
      2015 Autobahn GTI / 2010 GTI (Totaled) / 2007 GLI (Sold)
      05-11-2012 11:02 AM #335
      Go heat!

    21. Member llllllll vr6 lllllll's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 10th, 2008
      Location
      Winchestertinfieldville
      Posts
      3,463
      Vehicles
      2 MK6's. One with switches
      05-11-2012 11:05 AM #336
      Quote Originally Posted by nick0188 View Post
      I said I wasn't trying to be a dick, just said what I heard. Sorry you got so butt-hurt over it. I look at every one of the build threads on here pretty regularly and at least once a week one of them says "tracing down leaks, retaping threads..." blah blah blah. Oh yea and the kid who sold his and went back to coils because he couldn't drive his car in the winter because of the lines freezing. You can't tell me you just "overlook" those posts. I understand they are cool. I understand they are comfortable. I get it. I just don't believe that with the pressures each bag will see while daily throwing it into turns (not mentioning winter time) that leaks won't occur, lines freeze and/or bags will pop. Yea the lines are DOT rated... so are "Street" slicks and nankang tires along with millions of other things that really shouldn't see day in and out use and the abuse of salty winters. Just because it says DOT doesn't mean it's right. Hell I can buy a bicycle helmet that says DOT. Would you wear that cruising on the highway on a motorcycle? Once again, I understand the bag thing..I just don't think they would hold up to my abuse without me having to screw with them every other day.

      And Zimmy, you just search for threads that say anything about bags and try to start arguments in them. I was just stating what I heard above, nothing else. I was not saying anything bad about people/cars on bags what so ever.

      Durim, post some pics or something to get this **** back on topic

      I was the kid that went back to coils for the winter. The manifolds would freeze, not lines. And the reason I really got rid of it was because I just want elevel and different rear bags. And on top of all that, I'm going back on air

      Who gives a **** what people think or do. This is why I hate this f ucking it's so much.
      BAG RIDERS

    22. Member Squirrel Nuts's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 25th, 2010
      Location
      Miami, FL
      Posts
      19,139
      Vehicles
      2015 Autobahn GTI / 2010 GTI (Totaled) / 2007 GLI (Sold)
      05-11-2012 11:06 AM #337
      Quote Originally Posted by llllllll vr6 lllllll View Post
      I was the kid that went back to coils for the winter. The manifolds would freeze, not lines. And the reason I really got rid of it was because I just want elevel and different rear bags. And on top of all that, I'm going back on air
      This.

      Plus Chris is a dumb dumb. We allow him to make some poor decisions.

    23. Member nick0188's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 8th, 2007
      Location
      Pittsburgh, PA
      Posts
      3,250
      Vehicles
      11 APR K04 GTI, 03 Z1000
      05-11-2012 11:09 AM #338
      Quote Originally Posted by llllllll vr6 lllllll View Post
      I was the kid that went back to coils for the winter. The manifolds would freeze, not lines. And the reason I really got rid of it was because I just want elevel and different rear bags. And on top of all that, I'm going back on air

      Who gives a **** what people think or do. This is why I hate this f ucking it's so much.
      I don't. I'm hear to have a good time, see nice car's and meet cool people.
      11 GTI APR K04
      Build Thread
      Best ET: 12.8
      Best Trap: 113

    24. Member llllllll vr6 lllllll's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 10th, 2008
      Location
      Winchestertinfieldville
      Posts
      3,463
      Vehicles
      2 MK6's. One with switches
      05-11-2012 11:11 AM #339
      Quote Originally Posted by nick0188 View Post
      I don't. I'm hear to have a good time, see nice car's and meet cool people.
      Good

      Now let's get this out of durims thread.

      BAG RIDERS

    25. Member Squirrel Nuts's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 25th, 2010
      Location
      Miami, FL
      Posts
      19,139
      Vehicles
      2015 Autobahn GTI / 2010 GTI (Totaled) / 2007 GLI (Sold)
      05-11-2012 11:12 AM #340

    26. Member prospal's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 8th, 2011
      Location
      Morris County, NJ
      Posts
      2,637
      Vehicles
      2011 GTI
      05-11-2012 11:13 AM #341
      Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel Nuts View Post
      Karlypoo, what's wrong meng?

    27. Member Squirrel Nuts's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 25th, 2010
      Location
      Miami, FL
      Posts
      19,139
      Vehicles
      2015 Autobahn GTI / 2010 GTI (Totaled) / 2007 GLI (Sold)
      05-11-2012 11:14 AM #342
      Too much not enough

    28. Member prospal's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 8th, 2011
      Location
      Morris County, NJ
      Posts
      2,637
      Vehicles
      2011 GTI
      05-11-2012 11:18 AM #343
      Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel Nuts View Post
      Too much not enough
      Come up to NY bro, i'll give you summa dat

    29. Member Squirrel Nuts's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 25th, 2010
      Location
      Miami, FL
      Posts
      19,139
      Vehicles
      2015 Autobahn GTI / 2010 GTI (Totaled) / 2007 GLI (Sold)
      05-11-2012 11:22 AM #344
      Quote Originally Posted by prospal View Post
      Come up to NY bro, i'll give you summa dat

    30. Member prospal's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 8th, 2011
      Location
      Morris County, NJ
      Posts
      2,637
      Vehicles
      2011 GTI
      05-11-2012 11:24 AM #345
      Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel Nuts View Post

    31. Senior Member 98DUB's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2003
      Location
      Lowlife, WA
      Posts
      21,617
      Vehicles
      MKIII VR6, Tiguan SEL
      05-11-2012 11:42 AM #346
      Quote Originally Posted by nick0188 View Post
      I said I wasn't trying to be a dick, just said what I heard. Sorry you got so butt-hurt over it. I look at every one of the build threads on here pretty regularly and at least once a week one of them says "tracing down leaks, retaping threads..." blah blah blah. Oh yea and the kid who sold his and went back to coils because he couldn't drive his car in the winter because of the lines freezing. You can't tell me you just "overlook" those posts. I understand they are cool. I understand they are comfortable. I get it. I just don't believe that with the pressures each bag will see while daily throwing it into turns (not mentioning winter time) that leaks won't occur, lines freeze and/or bags will pop. Yea the lines are DOT rated... so are "Street" slicks and nankang tires along with millions of other things that really shouldn't see day in and out use and the abuse of salty winters. Just because it says DOT doesn't mean it's right. Hell I can buy a bicycle helmet that says DOT. Would you wear that cruising on the highway on a motorcycle? Once again, I understand the bag thing..I just don't think they would hold up to my abuse without me having to screw with them every other day.

      And Zimmy, you just search for threads that say anything about bags and try to start arguments in them. I was just stating what I heard above, nothing else. I was not saying anything bad about people/cars on bags what so ever.

      Durim, post some pics or something to get this **** back on topic


      Blah Blah Blah, I dont have bags and I want them. Thats all I heard. Your arguments have holes everywhere, im not going to point them out in Durim's thread becuase have of this **** gets beaten to death all the time. If you want to, PM me.
      -=MyMK3=-

      IG: @Kellen_

    32. Member lowerthanzimmy's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 7th, 2010
      Location
      302
      Posts
      11,392
      Vehicles
      Ls3
      05-11-2012 12:41 PM #347
      Quote Originally Posted by nick0188 View Post

      And Zimmy, you just search for threads that say anything about bags and try to start arguments in them. I was just stating what I heard above, nothing else. I was not saying anything bad about people/cars on bags what so ever.

      no i read the dumb threads, and see dumb post..... and then i respond with dumb answers.


      i have been on air for over 15k now without a single problem. Don't **** where you eat.
      yuksquad.//EE Militia//4EverKustoms
      [B]Owner- All in the DEtails Automotive Detailing

    33. Member Squirrel Nuts's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 25th, 2010
      Location
      Miami, FL
      Posts
      19,139
      Vehicles
      2015 Autobahn GTI / 2010 GTI (Totaled) / 2007 GLI (Sold)
      05-11-2012 12:43 PM #348
      Quote Originally Posted by LowerThanZimmy View Post
      Don't **** where you eat.
      Unless you live in a small apartment. Then it's necessary to **** where you eat. Maybe even while you eat.

    34. Member Dubbin'Duriiim's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 28th, 2011
      Location
      Westchester
      Posts
      2,273
      Vehicles
      KO4 DBM MKVI 11' GTI 6spd MT
      05-11-2012 01:24 PM #349


      Comon people I'm trying to break my old thread's record, keep it on topic

      Zimmy, stop starting petty stupid arguments.

      And Karl stop instigating.

      That is all


    35. Member nick0188's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 8th, 2007
      Location
      Pittsburgh, PA
      Posts
      3,250
      Vehicles
      11 APR K04 GTI, 03 Z1000
      05-11-2012 01:25 PM #350
      Quote Originally Posted by 98DUB View Post
      Blah Blah Blah, I dont have bags and I want them. Thats all I heard. Your arguments have holes everywhere, im not going to point them out in Durim's thread becuase have of this **** gets beaten to death all the time. If you want to, PM me.
      I have an engineering degree and a great job.. If theirs something I want, I buy it. I was clearly trying to not down the people who spend their money on different things than I would.

      Quote Originally Posted by LowerThanZimmy View Post
      no i read the dumb threads, and see dumb post..... and then i respond with dumb answers.


      i have been on air for over 15k now without a single problem. Don't **** where you eat.
      Not ****ting on anything. You seem to get awefully blown out of proportion to anyone saying anything about bags. With that being said, I'm not ****ting where I eat and this got pretty far drawn out. So I call a truce

      Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel Nuts View Post
      Unless you live in a small apartment. Then it's necessary to **** where you eat. Maybe even while you eat.
      I hear this
      11 GTI APR K04
      Build Thread
      Best ET: 12.8
      Best Trap: 113

    Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •