Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Results 71 to 105 of 264

    Thread: Casperslost's R build thread.

    1. Geriatric Member
      Join Date
      Aug 31st, 2004
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      40,445
      Vehicles
      15 GTI Autobahn / 13 Golf R / 04 R32 / 02 337
      03-14-2012 04:08 PM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmastr9 View Post
      yea i know, i have everything but the rear bags. he keeps telling me the pallet will be in this week, every week
      Same things here. But from from Bag Riders. Don't care yet since I don't have the car but hopefully it's soon. Need to order my rears.

    2. Member casperslost's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 21st, 2009
      Location
      Houston and East Texas
      Posts
      447
      Vehicles
      2012 R
      03-14-2012 06:37 PM #72
      Quote Originally Posted by idk alex View Post
      You should space the rear out a little. To match the fronts
      They are actually very close as they are. I plan to camber the rear in and throw some spacers on when I can find time. As it sits now the rear barely clears the fenders with an assist from the tires. I don't want to poke in the rear as I can't fathom trashing fenders on a 40k car... My 15k gti was a different story...

    3. Member Dutchmastr9's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 13th, 2004
      Location
      Boston
      Posts
      17,493
      Vehicles
      2 Door bugatti coupe...er, i mean Golf Racecar
      03-14-2012 07:19 PM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by casperslost View Post
      They are actually very close as they are. I plan to camber the rear in and throw some spacers on when I can find time. As it sits now the rear barely clears the fenders with an assist from the tires. I don't want to poke in the rear as I can't fathom trashing fenders on a 40k car... My 15k gti was a different story...
      42DD makes amazing spacers
      You Aint About That Life | ETYolo

      Ruined Blue Golf | 42 Draft Designs

    4. Member casperslost's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 21st, 2009
      Location
      Houston and East Texas
      Posts
      447
      Vehicles
      2012 R
      03-14-2012 07:40 PM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmastr9 View Post
      42DD makes amazing spacers
      Only in limited thicknesses =/

    5. Member luke wl.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 16th, 2010
      Location
      Fort Myers, Fl
      Posts
      560
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      03-21-2012 01:20 AM #75
      Car looks absolutely beautiful. I sent you a message on FB not sure if you got it or not but the thread answered my questions. I want to get my rear down a little (ss5's and dcups) so I think I might have to run no top cup. Might switch to bagyards down the road.

    6. Member DioMacchina's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 3rd, 2009
      Location
      Jersey
      Posts
      257
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      03-21-2012 09:47 AM #76
      Agreed, car looks redonk, well done, I enjoyed the article in the feature too.

    7. Geriatric Member
      Join Date
      Aug 31st, 2004
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      40,445
      Vehicles
      15 GTI Autobahn / 13 Golf R / 04 R32 / 02 337
      03-21-2012 09:48 AM #77
      needs more under seat storage.

    8. Member nectar13's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 22nd, 2007
      Location
      columbus, oh
      Posts
      754
      Vehicles
      golf r; 337
      03-21-2012 09:57 AM #78
      dig the wheels.

    9. Member luke wl.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 16th, 2010
      Location
      Fort Myers, Fl
      Posts
      560
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      03-21-2012 12:33 PM #79
      Also wondering how much you had to fenagle the stealth box (if that's what it is) to fit with the false floor?

    10. Member micvin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 26th, 2002
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      1,324
      Vehicles
      2002 VW Jetta Wagon, 2013 VW CC, 1991 BMW 325iC
      03-21-2012 01:01 PM #80
      I wish I was your co-pilot again for SOWO, but I'm glad I'll finally see it in person soon and finally meet Pat. His work seems legit. Congrats on the fast build, Josh. Looks good and I love the wheels.
      EuropeanAG.com | CamberWears.com

    11. Member casperslost's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 21st, 2009
      Location
      Houston and East Texas
      Posts
      447
      Vehicles
      2012 R
      03-21-2012 02:29 PM #81
      Thanks for all the positive feedback guys, greatly appreciated!
      Quote Originally Posted by luke wl. View Post
      Car looks absolutely beautiful. I sent you a message on FB not sure if you got it or not but the thread answered my questions. I want to get my rear down a little (ss5's and dcups) so I think I might have to run no top cup. Might switch to bagyards down the road.
      I didnt receive a message on FB.
      Yea from what i have heard no top cup will allow you to go lower but i definitely recommend swapping to at least bagyard classics as they come with the crush nuts to allow you to secure the bag to the top of the car and not run the risk of the bag flopping out and popping. Other option is to cut the nipple off and attach a bolt, but i dont see you cutting stuff off of your new 40k car.
      What did you notch in the rear? Did you remove bump stops? Are you running stock shocks?
      Quote Originally Posted by johnnyR32 View Post
      needs more under seat storage.
      Hopefully this weekend!
      Quote Originally Posted by luke wl. View Post
      Also wondering how much you had to fenagle the stealth box (if that's what it is) to fit with the false floor?
      I had to modify the floor a bit since the false floor is raised it touches the bottom of the sub. Everything is an incredibly tight fight. My friends and i were astonished with how it all fit together in the end. Its all going to change though.
      Quote Originally Posted by micvin View Post
      I wish I was your co-pilot again for SOWO, but I'm glad I'll finally see it in person soon and finally meet Pat. His work seems legit. Congrats on the fast build, Josh. Looks good and I love the wheels.
      Thanks Mike!

    12. Member Dutchmastr9's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 13th, 2004
      Location
      Boston
      Posts
      17,493
      Vehicles
      2 Door bugatti coupe...er, i mean Golf Racecar
      03-21-2012 03:26 PM #82
      bagyard really not too happy with them right now. hopefully that will change if i ever get my damn rear bags
      You Aint About That Life | ETYolo

      Ruined Blue Golf | 42 Draft Designs

    13. Member casperslost's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 21st, 2009
      Location
      Houston and East Texas
      Posts
      447
      Vehicles
      2012 R
      03-21-2012 05:09 PM #83
      Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmastr9 View Post
      bagyard really not too happy with them right now. hopefully that will change if i ever get my damn rear bags
      I waited 5 months for mine man... they are worth the wait, i promise!!!

    14. Member Dutchmastr9's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 13th, 2004
      Location
      Boston
      Posts
      17,493
      Vehicles
      2 Door bugatti coupe...er, i mean Golf Racecar
      03-21-2012 05:17 PM #84
      Quote Originally Posted by casperslost View Post
      I waited 5 months for mine man... they are worth the wait, i promise!!!
      i dont even remember when i ordered mine. it was some time last year, maybe fall. i caved in and ordered some airlift rears temporarly while i wait. I want to be bagged for show season and since the airlifts are being delivered today, the car should be bagged in a couple weeks and that pleases me, even if it wont be as low as it could be in the rear. maybe the bagyards will show up and surprise me before i get to installing the rears but at this rate i doubt it.
      You Aint About That Life | ETYolo

      Ruined Blue Golf | 42 Draft Designs

    15. Member iMod.:R's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 14th, 2005
      Location
      San Francisco
      Posts
      3,242
      Vehicles
      CAR HISTORY: |A3|Cayman|TTS|Jetta|.:R|CC|
      03-21-2012 06:25 PM #85
      Dang man! I know you got other plans coming up from your comments, but I just wanted to say well done so far.

    16. Member casperslost's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 21st, 2009
      Location
      Houston and East Texas
      Posts
      447
      Vehicles
      2012 R
      03-21-2012 07:49 PM #86
      Quote Originally Posted by iMod.:R View Post
      Dang man! I know you got other plans coming up from your comments, but I just wanted to say well done so far.
      Thank you sir! Ive been watching your thread too. Cant wait to see our own Teff here in the states!

    17. Member casperslost's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 21st, 2009
      Location
      Houston and East Texas
      Posts
      447
      Vehicles
      2012 R
      03-21-2012 07:54 PM #87
      Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmastr9 View Post
      i dont even remember when i ordered mine. it was some time last year, maybe fall. i caved in and ordered some airlift rears temporarly while i wait. I want to be bagged for show season and since the airlifts are being delivered today, the car should be bagged in a couple weeks and that pleases me, even if it wont be as low as it could be in the rear. maybe the bagyards will show up and surprise me before i get to installing the rears but at this rate i doubt it.
      I feel your pain i got screwed out of being bagged for sowo 10, when my bags didnt show up in time and had to drive in stock status. Was sad indeed but still had an amazing time! So ready for my third trip this year!!

    18. Member Dutchmastr9's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 13th, 2004
      Location
      Boston
      Posts
      17,493
      Vehicles
      2 Door bugatti coupe...er, i mean Golf Racecar
      03-21-2012 08:03 PM #88
      Quote Originally Posted by casperslost View Post
      I feel your pain i got screwed out of being bagged for sowo 10, when my bags didnt show up in time and had to drive in stock status. Was sad indeed but still had an amazing time! So ready for my third trip this year!!
      yea, i would like to go to sowo sometime. but i cant swing it this year. I also can only wonder what may have happened if bagyard wasnt so awful with shipping times. If they were a little quicker i would have been able to get my GLI bagged before H2O '10. but because they didnt show up before then, i had lost all motivation to install them once they did finally show. and then VW announced the R for the US shortly into 2011 and since i wasnt bagged i felt it was a good time to upgrade and use the air stuff i had towards the R. Cant say i regret selling the GLI and going with the R. but now they need to hurry their asses up
      You Aint About That Life | ETYolo

      Ruined Blue Golf | 42 Draft Designs

    19. Member luke wl.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 16th, 2010
      Location
      Fort Myers, Fl
      Posts
      560
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      03-22-2012 11:55 AM #89
      I planned on removing the top plate and cutting the nipple and threading the hole and using a stud. That way if I want to go back to stock I can bolt the nipple in place than weld it back on. I haven't notched anything yet or removed bumps I had a shop do the install so I will see if it is hitting the bumps. And I'm running koni adjustable in the rear

      Thanks for the advice. I saw you posted in my thread, I think you had me by a few days!

    20. Member casperslost's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 21st, 2009
      Location
      Houston and East Texas
      Posts
      447
      Vehicles
      2012 R
      03-22-2012 01:16 PM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by luke wl. View Post
      I planned on removing the top plate and cutting the nipple and threading the hole and using a stud. That way if I want to go back to stock I can bolt the nipple in place than weld it back on. I haven't notched anything yet or removed bumps I had a shop do the install so I will see if it is hitting the bumps. And I'm running koni adjustable in the rear

      Thanks for the advice. I saw you posted in my thread, I think you had me by a few days!
      When we bagged mine it was the bump stops that were holding me up in the rear and i believe its the endlinks that are holding me up in the front. I ordered parts to make my own adjustable ones so we will see if that helps. Think it may be the 215 tires up front that are holding me up aswell may try going to a 205.

    21. Geriatric Member
      Join Date
      Aug 31st, 2004
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      40,445
      Vehicles
      15 GTI Autobahn / 13 Golf R / 04 R32 / 02 337
      03-22-2012 01:47 PM #91
      bags are stupid. another ruined racecar.

    22. Member luke wl.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 16th, 2010
      Location
      Fort Myers, Fl
      Posts
      560
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      03-22-2012 02:03 PM #92
      Where are the rear bumps? I didn't do the install but I had the rear wheels off the other day to look around and didn't see them.

    23. Member casperslost's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 21st, 2009
      Location
      Houston and East Texas
      Posts
      447
      Vehicles
      2012 R
      03-22-2012 02:27 PM #93
      Quote Originally Posted by johnnyR32 View Post
      bags are stupid. another ruined racecar.

      Quote Originally Posted by luke wl. View Post
      Where are the rear bumps? I didn't do the install but I had the rear wheels off the other day to look around and didn't see them.
      They are on the shock. there is a black plastic dust protector covering the bottom half and the rest is attached to the top of the shock. You can either cut them out or remove the shock and pull them off. The latter one is the easier option lol... my friends spent a good 30+ minutes trying to cut the dust cover off one side. 10 mins removing the shock and pulling the other off...

    24. Geriatric Member
      Join Date
      Aug 31st, 2004
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      40,445
      Vehicles
      15 GTI Autobahn / 13 Golf R / 04 R32 / 02 337
      03-22-2012 02:33 PM #94
      Quote Originally Posted by casperslost View Post
      They are on the shock. there is a black plastic dust protector covering the bottom half and the rest is attached to the top of the shock. You can either cut them out or remove the shock and pull them off. The latter one is the easier option lol... my friends spent a good 30+ minutes trying to cut the dust cover off one side. 10 mins removing the shock and pulling the other off...
      no bump stops or dust covers FTW. nothing in the way.

    25. Member Dutchmastr9's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 13th, 2004
      Location
      Boston
      Posts
      17,493
      Vehicles
      2 Door bugatti coupe...er, i mean Golf Racecar
      03-22-2012 02:42 PM #95
      Quote Originally Posted by casperslost View Post
      When we bagged mine it was the bump stops that were holding me up in the rear and i believe its the endlinks that are holding me up in the front. I ordered parts to make my own adjustable ones so we will see if that helps. Think it may be the 215 tires up front that are holding me up aswell may try going to a 205.
      id like to hear about the endlink solution. keep us updated
      You Aint About That Life | ETYolo

      Ruined Blue Golf | 42 Draft Designs

    26. Member casperslost's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 21st, 2009
      Location
      Houston and East Texas
      Posts
      447
      Vehicles
      2012 R
      03-22-2012 02:44 PM #96
      Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmastr9 View Post
      id like to hear about the endlink solution. keep us updated
      I get back from my business trip on sunday. Wife permitting i will assemble and install them and see how it turns out.

    27. Geriatric Member
      Join Date
      Aug 31st, 2004
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      40,445
      Vehicles
      15 GTI Autobahn / 13 Golf R / 04 R32 / 02 337
      03-22-2012 02:44 PM #97
      Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmastr9 View Post
      id like to hear about the endlink solution. keep us updated
      you can buy k-sport endlinks. or make your own like Josh here.

    28. Member Dutchmastr9's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 13th, 2004
      Location
      Boston
      Posts
      17,493
      Vehicles
      2 Door bugatti coupe...er, i mean Golf Racecar
      03-22-2012 02:46 PM #98
      Quote Originally Posted by johnnyR32 View Post
      you can buy k-sport endlinks. or make your own like Josh here.
      right, but im more interested if they will work in achieving more low. 205 tires seem a bit small for me so id like to avoid that if i can

      Quote Originally Posted by casperslost View Post
      I get back from my business trip on sunday. Wife permitting i will assemble and install them and see how it turns out.
      You Aint About That Life | ETYolo

      Ruined Blue Golf | 42 Draft Designs

    29. Member casperslost's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 21st, 2009
      Location
      Houston and East Texas
      Posts
      447
      Vehicles
      2012 R
      03-22-2012 02:47 PM #99
      Quote Originally Posted by johnnyR32 View Post
      you can buy k-sport endlinks. or make your own like Josh here.
      This. The parts for mine were $78 shipped to texas.

    30. Geriatric Member
      Join Date
      Aug 31st, 2004
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      40,445
      Vehicles
      15 GTI Autobahn / 13 Golf R / 04 R32 / 02 337
      03-22-2012 02:47 PM #100
      Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmastr9 View Post
      right, but im more interested if they will work in achieving more low. 205 tires seem a bit small for me so id like to avoid that if i can
      people lay frame with K-Sport endlinks.

    31. Member Dutchmastr9's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 13th, 2004
      Location
      Boston
      Posts
      17,493
      Vehicles
      2 Door bugatti coupe...er, i mean Golf Racecar
      03-22-2012 02:48 PM #101
      Quote Originally Posted by johnnyR32 View Post
      people lay frame with K-Sport endlinks.
      thats good to know. i take it the mkv ones will work with our cars. those are the only ones i see on their website
      Last edited by Dutchmastr9; 03-22-2012 at 02:51 PM.
      You Aint About That Life | ETYolo

      Ruined Blue Golf | 42 Draft Designs

    32. Member casperslost's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 21st, 2009
      Location
      Houston and East Texas
      Posts
      447
      Vehicles
      2012 R
      03-22-2012 02:54 PM #102
      Make sure what ever struts you are using have tabs for the endlinks. My bagyards didnt have them and we had to fabricate some. Came out awesome!! I hear the ones Dorbritz makes have the potential to slide on some struts. http://www.amazon.com/KSport-AE0001-.../dp/B004QQARMA
      Last edited by casperslost; 03-22-2012 at 02:56 PM.

    33. Member Dutchmastr9's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 13th, 2004
      Location
      Boston
      Posts
      17,493
      Vehicles
      2 Door bugatti coupe...er, i mean Golf Racecar
      03-22-2012 02:55 PM #103
      good price, thanks for the link
      You Aint About That Life | ETYolo

      Ruined Blue Golf | 42 Draft Designs

    34. Geriatric Member
      Join Date
      Aug 31st, 2004
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      40,445
      Vehicles
      15 GTI Autobahn / 13 Golf R / 04 R32 / 02 337
      03-22-2012 02:55 PM #104
      Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmastr9 View Post
      thats good to know. i take it the mkv ones will work with our cars. those are the only ones i see on their website
      yes.

    35. Member casperslost's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 21st, 2009
      Location
      Houston and East Texas
      Posts
      447
      Vehicles
      2012 R
      03-22-2012 02:58 PM #105
      I have seen people snap the ends off the K-sport ones though and havent heard of anyone snapping the built ones. Just food for thought. I dont think the ksports had bags in mind and may not be short enough.

    Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •