Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Engine 'hiccup' at 2750k

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2009 CC Sport, 2.0T, 6MT, Iron Grey, Tinted Windows, VW DG Sport Springs, Neuspeed RSB, APR Stg I
      04-30-2012 02:21 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
      Bueller?

It's either gonna be 07K905715F or 06H905115B or 06H905115A
      The new coil packs have the following P/N: 06H 905 115.

Actually, that is the same number as the old ones too.

Still running smooth.
      2009 2.0T, 6MT, Iron Grey Metallic, Tinted Windows, Blue Tooth, APR Stage I, VW DG Sport Springs, Neuspeed RSB
      Audio setup: Focal 165 KRX2 in the front (crossovers removed) powered by Rockford Fosgate T400-4 (one channel per speaker); ARC Audio KAR 265 in the rear powered by Alpine PDX-4.100 (bridged); 8" 250W Powered Bazooka Sub; RF 360.2 Digital Signal Processor

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2009 CC Sport, 2.0T, 6MT, Iron Grey, Tinted Windows, VW DG Sport Springs, Neuspeed RSB, APR Stg I
      04-30-2012 02:23 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by Brett_CC View Post
      Thanks for posting this. This has been annoying the hell out of me for a while now. I experience the same thing. I will call my dealer and see if there is a recall out for these cylinder springs. Its completely gone now? How much did it cost you if you dont mind posting?
      Let us know if replacing the coil packs resolves your issue.
      2009 2.0T, 6MT, Iron Grey Metallic, Tinted Windows, Blue Tooth, APR Stage I, VW DG Sport Springs, Neuspeed RSB
      Audio setup: Focal 165 KRX2 in the front (crossovers removed) powered by Rockford Fosgate T400-4 (one channel per speaker); ARC Audio KAR 265 in the rear powered by Alpine PDX-4.100 (bridged); 8" 250W Powered Bazooka Sub; RF 360.2 Digital Signal Processor

3. 04-30-2012 03:23 PM #28
      If I ordered P/N 06E905115EKTN from ECS tuning to replace my coils in my 09 VW CC sport will those be sufficient? I have seen a lot of people posting about different part numbers. I ordered the red OE coils with plugs as well.

Vehicles
      2010 VW CC Sport (MT)
      04-30-2012 10:23 PM #29
      I don't see why they shouldn't work, i was simply curious as to what the latest rev is

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
      2010 VW CC Sport (Manual) | Stage 1 APR Tune | St Coil-overs | VW 19" Concept Wheels | Neuspeed SSK

Vehicles
      2010 VW CC
      05-01-2012 10:29 AM #30
      I called the dealer and there are recalls out for the ignition coils on several vw models but nothing for the CC. With an intake, tune, and full exhaust the "hiccup" is much more noticeable and if we have finally made some progress in the diagnosis, I will definitely spend the money to fix it if the dealer wont. There are so many threads on this problem especially in the 2.0 TSI forum.

Please keep us updated if there are any changes or if the gripe comes back. Is this easy to do or are we better off taking it to a shop? Thanks man.
      APR Stage II, ATP Down Pipe, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, K&N Typhoon Intake, A.W.E. Turbo Outlet Pipe, Steering Column mounted boost gage, Standard Suspension 32 way Coilovers, 19X8.5 Avante Guard Wheels, Clear Turns, R Line Tails, Euroswitch, Custom Shifter Stalk, Forge Short Shift Linkage, GC Body Kit, 35% Tint, beltronics hardwired radar detector.

Vehicles
      2014 VW
      05-01-2012 05:48 PM #31
      I'm gonna post this up in another thread too, but....

Check your coils!!!

Remove the engine cover (pulls right off), and make sure they're seated all the way.
      Just push them all the way down until they stop.

I only have 9k miles on my car and they were sitting 1/4-1/2" higher than they should've!!!
      2014 Passat VR6
      2015 Passat Sport

7. Member
      Vehicles
      05-01-2012 07:21 PM #32
      There are so many threads on this problem especially in the 2.0 TSI forum.
      Really? I have posted about this issue so many times and very few people have chimed in. I have seen a number of 'hesitate and surge' threads, but I think that is a different issue. Maybe not.

My hiccup is still gone, but I have to say, in chipped mode, the torque delivery right at 2750rpms isn't the smoothest. Sometimes I still feel a little bump there where the power comes on suddenly (this is under heavy throttle) rather than smoothly. But it isn't the hiccup as there is no loss of power.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      05-09-2012 06:26 PM #33
      Ok, now I'm really upset. After one week of smooth driving, I felt the dreaded 'hiccup' which I now know to be a misfire. And then I felt it again and after two weeks, it is almost back to how it was.

So by now I have replaced the intake manifold, plugs, ignition coils, injectors, and done a carbon clean and adjusted the throttle body, all to no avail.

Even without getting an actual hiccup, I notice an ever so slight rough spot at 2700rpms (or so). With the tune, there is a big kick of power right there and the transition just ins't that smooth.

Just to double check, I drove it in stock for a while and, as before, did detect the hiccup, though it is much less noticeable (in a way, that's a relief to me to know that it isn't just the tune, there's actually something wrong).

But why can't anyone figure out what the problem is? I guess I did make some progress with the last place I took it too as they identified misfires. Will this ever get resolved????

Vehicles
      2011 CC Sport & 1992 300ZX
      05-09-2012 08:43 PM #34
      I've been experiencing the same issue pretty much since I bought the car. I have 25k on it now, and the problem is very intermittent, but it is there just like all of you have described.

I checked the coil packs, and they pushed down slightly. I have not replaced them with the newest revision however.

Curious if the ignition coils are just too weak for the TSI.
      Anyone read about the Okada coils?

10. Member
      Vehicles
      05-09-2012 08:48 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by zcar4me View Post
      I've been experiencing the same issue pretty much since I bought the car. I have 25k on it now, and the problem is very intermittent, but it is there just like all of you have described.

I checked the coil packs, and they pushed down slightly. I have not replaced them with the newest revision however.

Curious if the ignition coils are just too weak for the TSI.
      Anyone read about the Okada coils?
      I wonder that as well along with wondering if re-gapping the spark plugs (as some have mentioned) would help. But if this were the problem with tuned TSI's, I would think more people would have problems. It also doesn't explain the intermittent very slight lack of smoothness at 2700 rpms I feel in stock mode.

Vehicles
      2011 CC Sport & 1992 300ZX
      05-10-2012 09:01 AM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by irongrey View Post
      I wonder that as well along with wondering if re-gapping the spark plugs (as some have mentioned) would help. But if this were the problem with tuned TSI's, I would think more people would have problems. It also doesn't explain the intermittent very slight lack of smoothness at 2700 rpms I feel in stock mode.
      Speaking of re-gapping, I'm curious what type of spark plugs you're running? OEM, NGK iridium, Bosch?
      I'm tempted to pull my plugs, just to see what the electrodes look like.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      05-10-2012 11:28 AM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by zcar4me View Post
      Speaking of re-gapping, I'm curious what type of spark plugs you're running? OEM, NGK iridium, Bosch?
      I'm tempted to pull my plugs, just to see what the electrodes look like.
      My plugs are stock. I had them replaced at the 40k service. i imagine if they looked beat up in some way they would have told me.

We've been having some warmer days and cooler mornings and as i have always noticed, the hiccup seems to be worse in warmer weather. That must be some kind of clue as to the problem.

Vehicles
      2010 VW CC
      05-10-2012 09:13 PM #38
      I've noticed the hiccup to be more subtle when I turn off traction control. I swear this has something to do with the ECU but who knows. I just really hope someone gets to the bottom of this as I simply do not have enough vw engine knowledge.
      APR Stage II, ATP Down Pipe, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, K&N Typhoon Intake, A.W.E. Turbo Outlet Pipe, Steering Column mounted boost gage, Standard Suspension 32 way Coilovers, 19X8.5 Avante Guard Wheels, Clear Turns, R Line Tails, Euroswitch, Custom Shifter Stalk, Forge Short Shift Linkage, GC Body Kit, 35% Tint, beltronics hardwired radar detector.

14. Member
      Vehicles
      05-11-2012 12:03 PM #39
      I've noticed the hiccup to be more subtle when I turn off traction control. I swear this has something to do with the ECU but who knows. I just really hope someone gets to the bottom of this as I simply do not have enough vw engine knowledge.
      I'll try turning off traction control.

Taking it back to the shop next week. Regardless of what else they find, I will have them re-gap the plugs.

Vehicles
      2014 VW
      05-12-2012 06:19 AM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by irongrey View Post
      the hiccup seems to be worse in warmer weather
      How warm?

Could just be heatsoak and high IAT's causing less power

How it's driving.....is it kind of like when you drive with the A/C on (it's sluggish)??
      2014 Passat VR6
      2015 Passat Sport

Vehicles
      2010 VW CC Sport (MT)
      05-13-2012 01:45 PM #41
      How warm?

How it's driving.....is it kind of like when you drive with the A/C on (it's sluggish)??
      I just recently replaced all coils and plugs for this same reason, the hitch did disappear only to come back, this morning i ran the snot out of the car on the freeway and got it real hot to get the hesitation back around the same range you guys talk about. Did full stops and WOT and sure enough it is there. Got back to my garage and re-gapped the plugs to .28 and took it out for a spin again, and no more hesitation, i really bashed it to get it hot again. Its around 74 today but sun's coming down pretty hard, on a day like this i would still get the hesitation but now i think the re-gapping got rid of it.
      2010 VW CC Sport (Manual) | Stage 1 APR Tune | St Coil-overs | VW 19" Concept Wheels | Neuspeed SSK

17. Member
      Vehicles
      05-14-2012 04:17 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by bordercitymadman View Post
      I just recently replaced all coils and plugs for this same reason, the hitch did disappear only to come back, this morning i ran the snot out of the car on the freeway and got it real hot to get the hesitation back around the same range you guys talk about. Did full stops and WOT and sure enough it is there. Got back to my garage and re-gapped the plugs to .28 and took it out for a spin again, and no more hesitation, i really bashed it to get it hot again. Its around 74 today but sun's coming down pretty hard, on a day like this i would still get the hesitation but now i think the re-gapping got rid of it.
      Awesome. That will be my next move.

Getting the new coils did help some. It just seems there is something happening here on the margins which is why the misfires are not so bad as to trigger CELs. Re-gapping the plugs sounds like just the thing.

Pls let us know if your hiccups come back.

18. Member
      Vehicles
      05-14-2012 04:19 PM #43
      How warm?

No, it's not like that at all. Under WOT, there are no hesitations. No power loss at all except right at 2700 rpms under partial throttle. Worse when it is warm and under a load (like going up a hill).

Vehicles
      2010 VW CC Sport (MT)
      05-14-2012 08:58 PM #44
      Yea i get you, once you are out of that range then it kicks in just nicely right? Well hasn't come back as of yet, not holding my breath though. I'll let you know that i had the fuel pump replaced prior to doing the coils and plugs, but that was more serious, it actually stalled.

Last edited by bordercitymadman; 05-14-2012 at 09:00 PM.

Vehicles
      2014 VW
      05-15-2012 06:23 AM #45
      Got back to my garage and re-gapped the plugs to .28 and took it out for a spin again, and no more hesitation
      Just out of curiousity, did you measure what your stock plugs were gapped at (after you pulled them)???
      2014 Passat VR6
      2015 Passat Sport

Vehicles
      2010 VW CC Sport (MT)
      05-15-2012 10:59 AM #46
      Just out of curiousity, did you measure what your stock plugs were gapped at (after you pulled them)???
      Doh! got me there bud! i just noticed it wasn't .28 and adjusted accordingly.

Vehicles
      2014 VW
      05-15-2012 08:32 PM #47
      Doh! got me there bud! i just noticed it wasn't .28 and adjusted accordingly.
      I meant your original OEM ones....since you said you just put in new ones

Is .28 what's called for, or just what's been proven to work on our car?
      I don't know....that's why I'm asking
      2014 Passat VR6
      2015 Passat Sport

Vehicles
      2010 VW CC Sport (MT)
      05-15-2012 10:21 PM #48
      I meant your original OEM ones....since you said you just put in new ones

Is .28 what's called for, or just what's been proven to work on our car?
      I don't know....that's why I'm asking
      I think i still have the originals somewhere, I'll measure tomorrow. I've read several threads recommending the .28 gap even as small as .26 they don't come gapped at .28 for sure it is bigger, but I'll post it tomorrow.

Vehicles
      '12 Urano Gray CC R-Line 6MT
      05-18-2012 10:29 AM #49
      in for answers. i have scheduled complementary check up tomorrow, will mention that to tech, i already pushed coils in they were good 1/8" off after only 3k miles. Looks like every 2nd fuel tank coils should be pushed down. thats just crazy

25. Member
      Vehicles
      07-05-2012 06:18 PM #50
      I want to keep this thread alive and get as many people who are having this issue as possible communicating. I just found this thread (http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...4#post78090044) where many are talking about the same issue I am having.

To update, neither the new ignition coils nor a new air mass sensor has fixed the problem. Though as has often been the case, I do get several days of hiccup free driving only to have it return. What does that mean, that the hiccup goes away for a few days and then comes back? It makes no sense to me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast