Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: should this part create suction at idle? part of BSH PCV revamp

Vehicles
      07 Passat 2.0T 6MT/96 Passat GLX VR6/ 87 Scirocco 16V
      03-07-2012 12:05 PM #36
      .. so what happened????

Well let me share my what just happened to me..

I was about two blocks away when I noticed... something.. like I lost boost.. then when I saw my house.. bam.. car turns off.. I tried turning it on but it turns on for like one second then dies..

Since that last thing I had installed was this BSH PCV revamp kit.. I have the new one like above.. but I always had about 20PSI since installed ( i have a boost gauge)

So I had remembered your issue as well... so.. Oh the car was in the middle of the street.. just went to the store too... i guess i got lucky.. I was trying to start the car enough to move it out of the street.. I ended up banging my rear left wheel on the side walk.. I have about 5 inch scrap on the lip now.. yay.

SO anyways.. I get a rag and shove it in the hole.. car runs fine.. I think that stupid set screw (which was installed) must have backed off.. I am currently talking to the vendor...

JT
      Passat B6 6MT 2.0TFSI, Spork Pkg, Bixenons, Giac,EVOMS Intake, Neuspeed SS, NS Rear S B, Koni FSD/Eibach Pro kit, Peloquin LSD, VF Mounts, Forge DV and FMIC, 18x9 Wheels,Badgeless Grille, Hidef Rear Bumper/Spoiler/Tips, Votex Side, Abt Front lip..
      Passat B4 5MT GLX VR6. Moddified Intake Box with K&N Filter, Borla Muffler... more to come.

Vehicles
      2010 Candy White Passat 2.0 TSI
      03-07-2012 12:17 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by brettley View Post
      I have a lot of boost loss (checked with boost gauge). Well, I went over EVERYTHING in my engine, and the only thing that seems to create suction or anything at idle is this part. Should it have enough suction at idle to create a vacuum with the skin on the palm of my hand? This may be a BSH replacement day.

Where is the cap? I don't see it in this photo...
      Unitronic Stage 2 -- 42DD 3" catless downpipe -- APR Intercooler -- Unitronic Intake -- BSH Throttle Pipe -- AWE Turbo Outlet Pipe -- Unitronic DV Relocation -- Votex front lip -- HiDef side skirts -- painted rear valence -- mkvi wheel w/DSG paddles -- DDM HID headlights -- Euro side markers -- Interior & licence plate LEDs -- Skyline style Euro Tail Lights -- Podi gauge and pod kit -- revision D diverter valve

Vehicles
      2010 Candy White Passat 2.0 TSI
      03-07-2012 12:18 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by x9t View Post
      .. so what happened????

Well let me share my what just happened to me..

I was about two blocks away when I noticed... something.. like I lost boost.. then when I saw my house.. bam.. car turns off.. I tried turning it on but it turns on for like one second then dies..

Since that last thing I had installed was this BSH PCV revamp kit.. I have the new one like above.. but I always had about 20PSI since installed ( i have a boost gauge)

So I had remembered your issue as well... so.. Oh the car was in the middle of the street.. just went to the store too... i guess i got lucky.. I was trying to start the car enough to move it out of the street.. I ended up banging my rear left wheel on the side walk.. I have about 5 inch scrap on the lip now.. yay.

SO anyways.. I get a rag and shove it in the hole.. car runs fine.. I think that stupid set screw (which was installed) must have backed off.. I am currently talking to the vendor...

JT
      Sorry about the scraped lip

You have my condolences
      Unitronic Stage 2 -- 42DD 3" catless downpipe -- APR Intercooler -- Unitronic Intake -- BSH Throttle Pipe -- AWE Turbo Outlet Pipe -- Unitronic DV Relocation -- Votex front lip -- HiDef side skirts -- painted rear valence -- mkvi wheel w/DSG paddles -- DDM HID headlights -- Euro side markers -- Interior & licence plate LEDs -- Skyline style Euro Tail Lights -- Podi gauge and pod kit -- revision D diverter valve

Vehicles
      03-07-2012 12:50 PM #39
      ... the wheel thing sucks.. but they were cheap enough so I am not to

But yeah i just confirmed it is the BSH PCV cap.. I had my friend turn the car on.. died..

THen I put my hand on it and he turned it on.. perfect.. I could feel my skin being sucked in.. then I pulled my hand away.. car turns off.

I am going to call BSH directly and address this ASAP.. I will let you guys know..

JT
      Passat B6 6MT 2.0TFSI, Spork Pkg, Bixenons, Giac,EVOMS Intake, Neuspeed SS, NS Rear S B, Koni FSD/Eibach Pro kit, Peloquin LSD, VF Mounts, Forge DV and FMIC, 18x9 Wheels,Badgeless Grille, Hidef Rear Bumper/Spoiler/Tips, Votex Side, Abt Front lip..
      Passat B4 5MT GLX VR6. Moddified Intake Box with K&N Filter, Borla Muffler... more to come.

Vehicles
      08 Passat 6MT FSI ; 07 Mazda 6i ; 82 Mustang 5.0
      03-07-2012 01:17 PM #40
      ... the wheel thing sucks.. but they were cheap enough so I am not to

But yeah i just confirmed it is the BSH PCV cap.. I had my friend turn the car on.. died..

THen I put my hand on it and he turned it on.. perfect.. I could feel my skin being sucked in.. then I pulled my hand away.. car turns off.

I am going to call BSH directly and address this ASAP.. I will let you guys know..

JT
      so, the kits come just hand tightened. I talked to USP about it, and thats what they let me know. I did tighten it without plumbers tape on it and it still leaked a tiny amount. I would recommend putting plumbers tape on it, and resealing it with the screw. I feel like I may be returning my PCV blockoff. this is what a local mod-shop that does a lot of high end work told me:

Typically lean faults on these cars are caused by problems with the breather system. I'm not having any luck digging up those specific TSBs, any idea what was actually fixed under them? Also, I would strongly recommend against installing a catch can. We have seen numerous issues on cars with both catchcans and PCV blockoff plates installed. These include heavy smoking at idle, rich/lean codes, and very high amounts of water in the crankcase to the point where the valve cover fills with foam and the dipstick rusts! A little bit of white foam on your oil cap is nothing to worry about in these temperatures; the only problem we've seen with the factory PCV valves is that they seem to fail semi-frequently and require replacement (which is either a warranty or a campaign repair item).
      2008 United Gray B6 Passat 2.0T FSI 6 M/T: APR Stage 2+ 100 oct [] USP TestPipe/APR HPFP/AWE DV/BSH PCV Kit/CTS Intake/AutoTech CatBack/Snow Stg2 Meth/034 Dogbone Insert/ABT front lip/VMR V710 19x8.5/H&R SS Coils/TRS 6K HID/Climate Knobs/Pioneer DVD unit/Kenwood 9104D amps/Kicker L7s

Vehicles
      03-07-2012 01:34 PM #41
      yeah.. I just talked to david on BSH.

The new versions do have a set screw inside... they are currently still revising their procedure to include this. BSH called all of the people who purchased it but since i got it from USPmotorsport I was not on the list.

I lost mine.. it fell out lol. I am going to email them so they can give me the thread size so that I Can put something together for now.. but they are making more and should have them by the end of the week.

As far as the mod itself.. I can NOT go back to stock.. those PCVs will Fail with added boost.. my dealership will NOT replace it unless i throw a CEL for it.. My car felt great after the intial install.

JT

Vehicles
      08 Passat 6MT FSI ; 07 Mazda 6i ; 82 Mustang 5.0
      03-07-2012 03:01 PM #42
      yeah.. I just talked to david on BSH.

The new versions do have a set screw inside... they are currently still revising their procedure to include this. BSH called all of the people who purchased it but since i got it from USPmotorsport I was not on the list.

I lost mine.. it fell out lol. I am going to email them so they can give me the thread size so that I Can put something together for now.. but they are making more and should have them by the end of the week.

As far as the mod itself.. I can NOT go back to stock.. those PCVs will Fail with added boost.. my dealership will NOT replace it unless i throw a CEL for it.. My car felt great after the intial install.

JT
      I have gone back to running stock, less the BSH tap, which i use for the DV. I am running APR stage1 on my car, and am not seeing any issues with it. I just had work done on my car (fixing the whole issue this thread was meant to help with), and have not even bothered to add in the block plate. I feel it is running great!
      2008 United Gray B6 Passat 2.0T FSI 6 M/T: APR Stage 2+ 100 oct [] USP TestPipe/APR HPFP/AWE DV/BSH PCV Kit/CTS Intake/AutoTech CatBack/Snow Stg2 Meth/034 Dogbone Insert/ABT front lip/VMR V710 19x8.5/H&R SS Coils/TRS 6K HID/Climate Knobs/Pioneer DVD unit/Kenwood 9104D amps/Kicker L7s

Vehicles
      2013 Jetta TDI
      03-07-2012 05:01 PM #43
      Go to home depot with said bsh boost tap find machine bolt that fits. buy locktite and bam you fixed it.
      07 B6 Passat 2.0 turbo - http://unitronic.ca Unitronic Stage 2 HPFP - High flow cat downpipe 3" - ABD Racingwerks intake Stage 2 - HPFPUpgrade.com Stage 1 HPFP - 142 Bar fuel Pressure relief valve - 5 zigen Oil catch tank - Autotech 3" catback - Adams Rotors - H&R Springs teamed with Bilstein Sports.
      http://i51.tinypic.com/153w51g.png

Vehicles
      03-08-2012 02:52 AM #44
      Well.. my issue with my oem pcv was all the oil that was covering my engine due to backpressure into the valve cover.. in fact people have said that this has caused seals to be pushed out.. which is maybe why I am leaking oil from my timing belt area..

yeah I didnt get a reply from BSH.. just waiting on the thread size.. to get something set up for now.

JT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12