Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Misfire?

1. Member
      Vehicles
      00' A4 B5 2.8 / 07' Passat B6 2.0T
      03-04-2012 09:53 AM #1
      Good Morning WORLD
      Today was the second time this has happened to me. I go start my car (im in florida,warm weather) and my car starts to shake ALIL and the check engine light blinks (misfire). But after about 10 or so seconds it goes away and the car is fine. I drove around for about 10 minutes,turn off the car,start it up again to see if it happens again but it doesnt. The last time i had the codes read,it only showed i have a bad secondary pump. I even pulled the spark plug wires out to see if its oil on the tips,but theres none. Miles are at 118,XXX and i had the timing done at 95,XXX.
      Thanks for ANY kind of help guys/ladies. (AUDI A4 2000 2.8 Quattro stock engine)
      Passat 07' 2.0T~ DRL Off/ Remote Windows/ Forge Replacement Valve for 2.0 FSiT/ Forge Blow Off Adaptor....more 2 come !!!

Vehicles
      metropass
      03-04-2012 11:27 PM #2
      Do you mean you have a bad secondary air injection pump? The pump that's on for about 10 seconds after a cold start?

3. Member
      Vehicles
      00' A4 B5 2.8 / 07' Passat B6 2.0T
      03-05-2012 10:19 AM #3
      I had a bad seconary pump for awhile,thats the only code showing when i get the car scanned. This lil misfire just started happening. I was just adding that xtra info in about my seconary pump. I dont think its cause of the pump the reason why im having that lil misfire in the morning,but i might be wrong
      Passat 07' 2.0T~ DRL Off/ Remote Windows/ Forge Replacement Valve for 2.0 FSiT/ Forge Blow Off Adaptor....more 2 come !!!