Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Results 176 to 210 of 327

    Thread: Her idea of progress

    1. Member NWarty's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 19th, 2011
      Location
      Olympia, WA
      Posts
      948
      Vehicles
      Sube and a VW
      05-01-2012 11:33 PM #176
      Quote Originally Posted by AudiUrPnts View Post
      My Rabbit
      Good Lord that's nice!!!
      One owner Jetta since May 1st, 1999, 183K miles

    2. Member HerMatchstick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 26th, 2011
      Location
      Newark, DE
      Posts
      278
      Vehicles
      Mk6 Jetta SportWagen, RIP Bagged Mk4 GTI
      05-02-2012 09:34 AM #177
      Quote Originally Posted by HerMatchstick View Post
      Guy with the front lip backed out Who is trying to sell me a 20th front lip by this weekend
      Got one yay!!!

    3. Member .Ant's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 7th, 2011
      Location
      South Jersey
      Posts
      14,219
      Vehicles
      Tow truck
      05-02-2012 09:53 AM #178
      Sorry to hear about your front lip issue. Fck shady people.
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rictus
      Don't bomb threads with any variation of any combination of letters, numbers, words, phrases, icons, smilies, memes, pictures, videos or any other sort of post.
      Maintenance is paramount.
      GTS 3071R l Eurokraft Performance
      PM for Powdercoating

    4. Member tmg1991's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 19th, 2011
      Location
      Dover, DE
      Posts
      1,643
      Vehicles
      Bagged GTI
      05-02-2012 10:12 AM #179
      Quote Originally Posted by .Ant View Post
      Sorry to hear about your front lip issue. Fck shady people.
      Lol
      Instagram: trevorgrimes

    5. Member .Ant's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 7th, 2011
      Location
      South Jersey
      Posts
      14,219
      Vehicles
      Tow truck
      05-06-2012 07:50 PM #180
      As some of you may know Alex bought my rear valance. I went on vacation and left the valance in a hidden spot outside. She picked it up and left me the money when she could have easily just stole the valance.

      So Alex I just wanna thank you for being a kind and honest person.

      I cannot wait to see the outcome of this new project.
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rictus
      Don't bomb threads with any variation of any combination of letters, numbers, words, phrases, icons, smilies, memes, pictures, videos or any other sort of post.
      Maintenance is paramount.
      GTS 3071R l Eurokraft Performance
      PM for Powdercoating

    6. Member HerMatchstick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 26th, 2011
      Location
      Newark, DE
      Posts
      278
      Vehicles
      Mk6 Jetta SportWagen, RIP Bagged Mk4 GTI
      05-06-2012 09:18 PM #181
      Quote Originally Posted by .Ant View Post
      As some of you may know Alex bought my rear valance. I went on vacation and left the valance in a hidden spot outside. She picked it up and left me the money when she could have easily just stole the valance.

      So Alex I just wanna thank you for being a kind and honest person.

      I cannot wait to see the outcome of this new project.
      Its edit : people like this that make vortex bearable! Can't wait to meet you at SoWo!
      Last edited by HerMatchstick; 05-06-2012 at 09:25 PM.

    7. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2011
      Location
      Jersey
      Posts
      1,638
      Vehicles
      1.8t racecar
      05-06-2012 09:23 PM #182
      Quote Originally Posted by HerMatchstick View Post
      Its things like this that make vortex bearable! Can't wait to meet you at SoWo!
      You mean it's people like you No doubt that 8/10 people on here would have took the valence and left nothing in its place


      On a side note for Ant: are you meeting up and cruising with all of us to SoWo? If not I hope I finally get to meet you dude its been long enough
      It's only smellz, babii. It's nahhfingg.

      IG: jmbrooks14

      Peep my photos

    8. Member .Ant's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 7th, 2011
      Location
      South Jersey
      Posts
      14,219
      Vehicles
      Tow truck
      05-07-2012 12:18 AM #183
      Quote Originally Posted by HerMatchstick View Post
      Its edit : people like this that make vortex bearable! Can't wait to meet you at SoWo!
      Fo sho!

      Quote Originally Posted by stay blazed View Post
      You mean it's people like you No doubt that 8/10 people on here would have took the valence and left nothing in its place


      On a side note for Ant: are you meeting up and cruising with all of us to SoWo? If not I hope I finally get to meet you dude its been long enough
      Yep Ill be cruising with you guys.
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rictus
      Don't bomb threads with any variation of any combination of letters, numbers, words, phrases, icons, smilies, memes, pictures, videos or any other sort of post.
      Maintenance is paramount.
      GTS 3071R l Eurokraft Performance
      PM for Powdercoating

    9. Member HerMatchstick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 26th, 2011
      Location
      Newark, DE
      Posts
      278
      Vehicles
      Mk6 Jetta SportWagen, RIP Bagged Mk4 GTI
      05-08-2012 01:03 PM #184
      Talked to the guy powdercoating my wheels. Today made 1 month since he has had them the second time since he messed them up the first time.

      HE HASNT EVEN SANDBLASTED THEM YET!!!! I leave for SoWo on Wednesday so you can all understand my anger

      They better get done!

    10. Member Ponto's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 11th, 2012
      Location
      Edmonton, AB
      Posts
      4,851
      Vehicles
      2007 Brilliant Black A3 3.2
      05-08-2012 01:10 PM #185
      wtf?!

      Wow that is brutal. I can't believe they have done basically nothing for you in the last month.
      2007 A3 3.2vr Lava Grey S-line / Killed in Action
      2007 A3 3.2vr Brilliant Black S-line

    11. Member milwaukeeandy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 28th, 2010
      Location
      Milwaukee, WI
      Posts
      5,778
      Vehicles
      ///
      05-08-2012 01:12 PM #186
      i only looked at page 1 of this thread, but i love the color, and love what you've done with the car
      Lower Standards
      instagram: @andye666

    12. Member HerMatchstick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 26th, 2011
      Location
      Newark, DE
      Posts
      278
      Vehicles
      Mk6 Jetta SportWagen, RIP Bagged Mk4 GTI
      05-08-2012 01:30 PM #187
      Quote Originally Posted by milwaukeeandy View Post
      i only looked at page 1 of this thread, but i love the color, and love what you've done with the car
      editi understand
      Last edited by HerMatchstick; 05-08-2012 at 01:32 PM.

    13. Member tmg1991's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 19th, 2011
      Location
      Dover, DE
      Posts
      1,643
      Vehicles
      Bagged GTI
      05-08-2012 04:59 PM #188
      I think it's safe to say your pretty caught up to me now!
      Instagram: trevorgrimes

    14. Member HerMatchstick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 26th, 2011
      Location
      Newark, DE
      Posts
      278
      Vehicles
      Mk6 Jetta SportWagen, RIP Bagged Mk4 GTI
      05-08-2012 10:22 PM #189
      Quote Originally Posted by tmg1991 View Post
      I think it's safe to say your pretty caught up to me now!
      I have no exhaust & your wheels shine lol,, & at this point you at least have wheels lol

      Do you have 20th body, can't remember

    15. Member tmg1991's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 19th, 2011
      Location
      Dover, DE
      Posts
      1,643
      Vehicles
      Bagged GTI
      05-08-2012 11:11 PM #190
      Quote Originally Posted by HerMatchstick View Post
      I have no exhaust & your wheels shine lol,, & at this point you at least have wheels lol

      Do you have 20th body, can't remember
      Skirts
      Instagram: trevorgrimes

    16. Member HerMatchstick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 26th, 2011
      Location
      Newark, DE
      Posts
      278
      Vehicles
      Mk6 Jetta SportWagen, RIP Bagged Mk4 GTI
      05-08-2012 11:20 PM #191
      Quote Originally Posted by tmg1991 View Post
      Skirts
      If we just combined our cars it would be one amazing car!!!

    17. Member Bierce IV's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 5th, 2010
      Location
      NY
      Posts
      3,625
      Vehicles
      Current: R32 Previous: Mark IV GTI
      05-09-2012 12:12 AM #192
      should have had me do them. After waiting weeks for my RS centers to get sandblasted i decided to start publicly polishing and powdering wheels.
      Quote Originally Posted by mk4boost View Post
      If you don't want to break the bank you have the wrong hobby
      Detailing/Paint Specialist Arete Auto Salon Detailing
      Mark IV Thread
      R32 Thread

    18. Member tmg1991's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 19th, 2011
      Location
      Dover, DE
      Posts
      1,643
      Vehicles
      Bagged GTI
      05-09-2012 12:22 AM #193
      Quote Originally Posted by HerMatchstick View Post
      If we just combined our cars it would be one amazing car!!!
      No doubt haha
      Instagram: trevorgrimes

    19. 05-09-2012 07:24 AM #194
      So where are you guys driving from? I'm in NC, but am thinking of going to SoWo if I get the chance, to get some ideas for my new MKIV. Got my Rokkors on the way, will be here monday. Would love to jump in with you guys for the ride down.

    20. Member Pasquallies's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 17th, 2010
      Location
      Manchester, CT
      Posts
      5,469
      Vehicles
      2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo --05.5 Audi A4 3.2L (sold) --01 JTI VR6 (sold) --97 GTI 2.0L (sold)
      05-09-2012 07:57 AM #195
      Very nice progress, white is going to look dope
      DrtyEuro l FLOSSFilthy l VRalliance #1
      For VRalliance stickers and tee shirts PM "sixxxball"

    21. Member HerMatchstick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 26th, 2011
      Location
      Newark, DE
      Posts
      278
      Vehicles
      Mk6 Jetta SportWagen, RIP Bagged Mk4 GTI
      05-09-2012 05:37 PM #196
      Quote Originally Posted by d3xt3r420 View Post
      So where are you guys driving from? I'm in NC, but am thinking of going to SoWo if I get the chance, to get some ideas for my new MKIV. Got my Rokkors on the way, will be here monday. Would love to jump in with you guys for the ride down.
      elkton, md.
      leaving Thursday 4/17 around 8am,, its about a 12.5 hour ride with stops.

    22. 05-09-2012 08:25 PM #197
      Wife and I both have to work Friday, We'll head down after work. See you there.

    23. Member vjg1215's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Smyrna, Delaware
      Posts
      1,198
      Vehicles
      Bagged Jetta VR6
      05-09-2012 08:56 PM #198
      Quote Originally Posted by HerMatchstick View Post
      Talked to the guy powdercoating my wheels. Today made 1 month since he has had them the second time since he messed them up the first time.

      HE HASNT EVEN SANDBLASTED THEM YET!!!! I leave for SoWo on Wednesday so you can all understand my anger

      They better get done!
      That sucks. Hope you get them back soon.

    24. Member HerMatchstick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 26th, 2011
      Location
      Newark, DE
      Posts
      278
      Vehicles
      Mk6 Jetta SportWagen, RIP Bagged Mk4 GTI
      05-10-2012 07:05 PM #199
      Fav Shirt


    25. Member Ponto's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 11th, 2012
      Location
      Edmonton, AB
      Posts
      4,851
      Vehicles
      2007 Brilliant Black A3 3.2
      05-10-2012 07:12 PM #200
      Waits for Vortex flurry of posts.

      Whats the word on the wheels? Bustin heads yet?
      2007 A3 3.2vr Lava Grey S-line / Killed in Action
      2007 A3 3.2vr Brilliant Black S-line

    26. Member HerMatchstick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 26th, 2011
      Location
      Newark, DE
      Posts
      278
      Vehicles
      Mk6 Jetta SportWagen, RIP Bagged Mk4 GTI
      05-10-2012 07:20 PM #201
      Quote Originally Posted by Ponto View Post
      Waits for Vortex flurry of posts.

      Whats the word on the wheels? Bustin heads yet?
      Says they will be done Monday-- and I am leaving for SoWo 8am Wednesday morning haha.. this should be a fun scramble

      && at least my girly post is VW related!

    27. Member Ponto's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 11th, 2012
      Location
      Edmonton, AB
      Posts
      4,851
      Vehicles
      2007 Brilliant Black A3 3.2
      05-10-2012 07:38 PM #202
      Always fun down to the wire. Man I wish I was closer to hit up SoWo...

      And well touche that is true.
      2007 A3 3.2vr Lava Grey S-line / Killed in Action
      2007 A3 3.2vr Brilliant Black S-line

    28. Member HerMatchstick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 26th, 2011
      Location
      Newark, DE
      Posts
      278
      Vehicles
      Mk6 Jetta SportWagen, RIP Bagged Mk4 GTI
      05-13-2012 12:05 AM #203
      So I got my wheels back today-- good to go on that point!

      BUT-- picked up the 20th lips from paint and something went wrong with the color match and it came out more t-red than matchstick red.. so I have to drop them back off tomorrow and pick them up Wednesday.

      Leaving Thursday morning, but I have two more days of school so time is limited.

      I have the worst luck

    29. Member .Ant's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 7th, 2011
      Location
      South Jersey
      Posts
      14,219
      Vehicles
      Tow truck
      05-13-2012 12:07 AM #204
      Quote Originally Posted by HerMatchstick View Post
      I have the worst luck



      How'd the rear turn out?
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rictus
      Don't bomb threads with any variation of any combination of letters, numbers, words, phrases, icons, smilies, memes, pictures, videos or any other sort of post.
      Maintenance is paramount.
      GTS 3071R l Eurokraft Performance
      PM for Powdercoating

    30. Member HerMatchstick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 26th, 2011
      Location
      Newark, DE
      Posts
      278
      Vehicles
      Mk6 Jetta SportWagen, RIP Bagged Mk4 GTI
      05-13-2012 12:16 AM #205
      Quote Originally Posted by .Ant View Post
      How'd the rear turn out?
      I didn't end up getting it filled. i didnt get to properly communicate to the shop how i wanted it done before i had to go back to school. being back and forth between states is not easy. but it looks great on the car regardless. they both look awesome-- just not the right color.

    31. Member .Ant's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 7th, 2011
      Location
      South Jersey
      Posts
      14,219
      Vehicles
      Tow truck
      05-13-2012 12:18 AM #206
      Quote Originally Posted by HerMatchstick View Post
      I didn't end up getting it filled. i didnt get to properly communicate to the shop how i wanted it done before i had to go back to school. being back and forth between states is not easy. but it looks great on the car regardless. they both look awesome-- just not the right color.
      Well Im sure it will look great anyways.
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rictus
      Don't bomb threads with any variation of any combination of letters, numbers, words, phrases, icons, smilies, memes, pictures, videos or any other sort of post.
      Maintenance is paramount.
      GTS 3071R l Eurokraft Performance
      PM for Powdercoating

    32. Member HerMatchstick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 26th, 2011
      Location
      Newark, DE
      Posts
      278
      Vehicles
      Mk6 Jetta SportWagen, RIP Bagged Mk4 GTI
      05-14-2012 12:10 PM #207
      Quote Originally Posted by HerMatchstick View Post
      BUT-- picked up the 20th lips from paint and something went wrong with the color match and it came out more t-red than matchstick red.. so I have to drop them back off tomorrow and pick them up Wednesday.
      Just had the body shop confirm by lips will be painted and ready for pickup Tuesday night!

    33. Member .Ant's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 7th, 2011
      Location
      South Jersey
      Posts
      14,219
      Vehicles
      Tow truck
      05-14-2012 12:28 PM #208
      Quote Originally Posted by HerMatchstick View Post
      Just had the body shop confirm by lips will be painted and ready for pickup Tuesday night!


      Nervous? I know I am waiting for my replacement bags.
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rictus
      Don't bomb threads with any variation of any combination of letters, numbers, words, phrases, icons, smilies, memes, pictures, videos or any other sort of post.
      Maintenance is paramount.
      GTS 3071R l Eurokraft Performance
      PM for Powdercoating

    34. Member HerMatchstick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 26th, 2011
      Location
      Newark, DE
      Posts
      278
      Vehicles
      Mk6 Jetta SportWagen, RIP Bagged Mk4 GTI
      05-14-2012 12:37 PM #209
      Quote Originally Posted by .Ant View Post


      Nervous? I know I am waiting for my replacement bags.
      I am back at school until tomorrow night (4 hours away from home) and I still have to get my tires mounted too!

      But wheels and lips are nothing to complain about compared to your bag!! i would be crying

      where are you staying at sowo?

    35. Member .Ant's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 7th, 2011
      Location
      South Jersey
      Posts
      14,219
      Vehicles
      Tow truck
      05-14-2012 12:40 PM #210
      Quote Originally Posted by HerMatchstick View Post
      I am back at school until tomorrow night (4 hours away from home) and I still have to get my tires mounted too!

      But wheels and lips are nothing to complain about compared to your bag!! i would be crying

      where are you staying at sowo?
      I thought we were sharing a room?!? Ill be at the Hampton.


      And I am crying inside. I had to put in a spring today just to get to work.
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rictus
      Don't bomb threads with any variation of any combination of letters, numbers, words, phrases, icons, smilies, memes, pictures, videos or any other sort of post.
      Maintenance is paramount.
      GTS 3071R l Eurokraft Performance
      PM for Powdercoating

    Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •