Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Audi A3 PR Photos Added to Geneva 2012 Gallery

Vehicles
      2006 A3 Sport 6MT
      03-10-2012 09:14 AM #26
      While I'd prefer the wagon, the sedan is not a deal breaker for me in the slightest. What would be a deal breaker is having to wait until calendar year 2014 to buy one, along with the inability to spec a manual transmission.

Ideally I'm hoping we get a manual+quattro configuration. Frankly, I can do without a lot of the electronic gadgetry (lane monitoring, Drive Select, etc.), just give me a decently power bumped 2.0T quattro (220hp perhaps?) and I'll be happy as a clam.

Vehicles
      2015 Mazda 6 Sport - White / 2001 New Beetle
      03-10-2012 01:09 PM #27
      Just thinking out loud here... I'm in the '06/'07 boat too. GF has a 2001 Beetle. Was thinking about replacing it with the A3 Sedan in 2013. Helps that we have 2 cars, so my A3 would become the hauler.

Now I'm toying with the idea of getting a 2012/13 TDI for her (A3 or Golf), and maybe in 3 yrs replacing the A3 with the sedan. I haven't read that the TDI will change much in the MQB generation.

I think I'll always want a wagon or HB or something to help on those IKEA runs. But I've also always loved that original A4. I'm a product of my culture - think the sedan looks classy.

Vehicles
      2010 vw golf VI 1,4 TSI Highline
      03-10-2012 01:40 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by Travis Grundke View Post
      While I'd prefer the wagon, the sedan is not a deal breaker for me in the slightest. What would be a deal breaker is having to wait until calendar year 2014 to buy one, along with the inability to spec a manual transmission.

Ideally I'm hoping we get a manual+quattro configuration. Frankly, I can do without a lot of the electronic gadgetry (lane monitoring, Drive Select, etc.), just give me a decently power bumped 2.0T quattro (220hp perhaps?) and I'll be happy as a clam.
      Here is the difference between we Europeans and you Americans, we Europeans like these electrical gadgets.
      And we can wait to get a car custom made for us, not just pick one that is already made.
      It may take 2 to 6 months to get the car.
      And we pay a lot more for them.
      That's why we get all the options you don't.

Vehicles
      1987 Scirocco 16v, 1990 Golf GL, 2007 Audi A3
      03-15-2012 04:04 AM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by merog View Post
      Here is the difference between we Europeans and you Americans, we Europeans like these electrical gadgets.
      And we can wait to get a car custom made for us, not just pick one that is already made.
      It may take 2 to 6 months to get the car.
      And we pay a lot more for them.
      That's why we get all the options you don't.
      You like the gadgets till they break. And electronics always breaks.

I would gladly wait to get the car I want and ordered by last A3.

5. 04-01-2012 11:37 AM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by brookside View Post
      The debut is a let-down...sort of like safe sex in that Audi took the feeling out of the car's design. It's been de-buffed and rounded and toned down from the concept in incremental ways to the point that it resembles the current A3 more than the Concept from which it's based.
      I know that this is the 3-door, not the sedan but my God the Concept was drop-dead perfect. Why, when they had a perfect template did they screw with it?
      One big tip off is in the press release that seems to go on and on about the interior and electronic goodies. Sorry- I'm not buying an i-Pad on 4 wheels. I want cutting edge exterior design with an engine that isn't an anemic gas saver- without busting the bank.
      Audi had (yeah-past tense) a chance to absolutely own this segment. Now it's just another version of Audi's bland look alike design plan.
      +1.. Meh. looks too tall.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12