Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: water-meth very soon :)

Vehicles
      2006 Passat 2.0T, 2003 Audi A6 3.0
      03-07-2012 09:39 PM #36
      Gotcha
      2006 Passat 2.0T Tiptronic | Unitronic Stage 2 | DG Springs | Newsouth Boost Gauge | BFI Tranny Insert | Rev D DV | BSH PCV fix | eBay Downpipe w/cat | Autotech Exhaust | DDM HIDs | Bentley Manual | VCDS - Car for sale! $6,000
      2003 Audi A6 3.0

Vehicles
      08 Passat 2.0T, 11 Volvo XC60 R Design
      03-07-2012 10:59 PM #37
      So I had a great conversation with Dave from BSH today. He said that utilizing the bung furthest away from the throttle body will give the mix more time to atomize, and that they have not had any issues with this setup. I`m going to get the Snow Performance stage 2 setup and connect directly to my BSH TB pipe. Honestly, I think that a spacer would throw off my whole dv relocation setup and the tb pipe itself.
      My build.
      #fukur2cnts

Vehicles
      Mine: 2010 Passat Hers: 2012 B8 A4
      03-07-2012 11:41 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by SickTRed08FSI View Post
      So I had a great conversation with Dave from BSH today. He said that utilizing the bung furthest away from the throttle body will give the mix more time to atomize, and that they have not had any issues with this setup. I`m going to get the Snow Performance stage 2 setup and connect directly to my BSH TB pipe. Honestly, I think that a spacer would throw off my whole dv relocation setup and the tb pipe itself.
      That's how I wouldve ran it if I got the bsh pipe. That's actually how I was planning then I heard about tb failures. I'm not trying to stop you from getting the bsh, just shaing the knowledge. I know a lot of guys who've been running bsh pipe just fine but I don't want to risk it. Everything is money these days. The money I save from not getting the pipe plus the money I would pay for a new tb, basically gets me an intercooler.
      Unitronic > APR Switched from APR to UNI and never looking back
      CW '10 Passat 2.0TSI: UNI Stage 2 VMR V705 19x8.5 et45 Podi Boost gauge/pod AWE DV, Turbo Outlet Pipe BSH Boost Tap BillyBoat 3" TBE BFI Stg2 Dogbone/motor mount/trans. mount KW V2 coils Forge Twintake(1st on Passat/CC) JBL W12GTi MKII HEX+CAN vagcom, Podi.ca podi free ship code: NINOSHIP, VMR | Wheels velocitymotoring.com, VolksBHAN in September

Vehicles
      08 Passat 2.0T, 11 Volvo XC60 R Design
      03-08-2012 12:50 AM #39
      See....I already have the TB pipe. My thing is.......if it was proven to cause issues...then obviously BSH being a reputable company would change their product design. BSH has spent years developing with Snow performance, from what Ive read. Yet, many think that it causes issue, therefore going to the spacer. The question is....does the spacer work as well as pre throttle body injection?
      My build.
      #fukur2cnts

Vehicles
      2006 VW BT Passat
      03-08-2012 01:03 AM #40
      See....I already have the TB pipe. My thing is.......if it was proven to cause issues...then obviously BSH being a reputable company would change their product design. BSH has spent years developing with Snow performance, from what Ive read. Yet, many think that it causes issue, therefore going to the spacer. The question is....does the spacer work as well as pre throttle body injection?
      its a well know problem. the meth causes the throttle body to swell. It can take time and it also depends on how rich of a mixture you run.

Also different locations give different effects.

If you put yours down low in the throttle pipe it will have more of a cooling effect and less of an octane boosting effect. if you put it up higher its more of a octane boosting effect and less of the cooling.

Also a higher water content will cool more where a higher meth content will increase octane more.

Nino is looking for more of an octane boosting effect so to get the best and safest (for the throttle body) using the spacer is the best

For you John being lower i would run a lower meth content and you shouldn't see issues at least not for a while.
      Unitronic Stage III w/ PT5558BB Turbo Unitronic.ca, IE HPFP, 3in B&B TBE, BSH throttle pipe/27mm RSB/Endlinks , Forge 007 DV , RalcoRC/Forge SS, 42Draft Design CNC Shifter bushings, BFI stage 2 motor/tranny mounts, 034 Dogbone, KW V2 coilovers, Nuespeed 25mm FSB, Whiteline Anti-lift kit/Front control arm bushings, 18x8.5 VMR VB3s, JBL stereo, CTS Turbo 2.0t FSI Big turbo kit!

Vehicles
      2006 VW BT Passat
      03-08-2012 01:10 AM #41
      here's an awesome thread about W/M
      http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50805
      Unitronic Stage III w/ PT5558BB Turbo Unitronic.ca, IE HPFP, 3in B&B TBE, BSH throttle pipe/27mm RSB/Endlinks , Forge 007 DV , RalcoRC/Forge SS, 42Draft Design CNC Shifter bushings, BFI stage 2 motor/tranny mounts, 034 Dogbone, KW V2 coilovers, Nuespeed 25mm FSB, Whiteline Anti-lift kit/Front control arm bushings, 18x8.5 VMR VB3s, JBL stereo, CTS Turbo 2.0t FSI Big turbo kit!

Vehicles
      Mine: 2010 Passat Hers: 2012 B8 A4
      03-08-2012 02:03 AM #42
      I know BSH is a great company, I have some of their stuff. I also know that my cooling will not be as good as yours because the tb pipe setup allows the mist time to cool the air. I'd like to have that too but rather not screw up my tb. I'll use this setup for very little cooling but mostly octane boost like bill said. for cooling, I'll get a fmic. there isn't one right way or wrong way. though you can't have it all, we sacrifice some to gain some. I respect your decision. as a fellow car enthusiast and b6 owner, I just hope your tb stays safe.
      Unitronic > APR Switched from APR to UNI and never looking back
      CW '10 Passat 2.0TSI: UNI Stage 2 VMR V705 19x8.5 et45 Podi Boost gauge/pod AWE DV, Turbo Outlet Pipe BSH Boost Tap BillyBoat 3" TBE BFI Stg2 Dogbone/motor mount/trans. mount KW V2 coils Forge Twintake(1st on Passat/CC) JBL W12GTi MKII HEX+CAN vagcom, Podi.ca podi free ship code: NINOSHIP, VMR | Wheels velocitymotoring.com, VolksBHAN in September

Vehicles
      07 Passat 2.0T 6MT/96 Passat GLX VR6/ 87 Scirocco 16V
      03-08-2012 03:37 AM #43
      You pay to play.. all mods have some risk.. same thing with PCV, DV, pulleys.. aftermarket "can" cause issues.. its on you to do your research and understand what your installing and if it is worth it. I dont want to install meth on the B6 but I will install it on the B4 (plan to SC).

Still waiting on pics.. may just do it at the end.

JT
      Passat B6 6MT 2.0TFSI, Spork Pkg, Bixenons, Giac,EVOMS Intake, Neuspeed SS, NS Rear S B, Koni FSD/Eibach Pro kit, Peloquin LSD, VF Mounts, Forge DV and FMIC, 18x9 Wheels,Badgeless Grille, Hidef Rear Bumper/Spoiler/Tips, Votex Side, Abt Front lip..
      Passat B4 5MT GLX VR6. Moddified Intake Box with K&N Filter, Borla Muffler... more to come.

Vehicles
      2006 Passat 2.0T, 2003 Audi A6 3.0
      03-08-2012 08:34 AM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by Bill6211789 View Post
      here's an awesome thread about W/M
      http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50805
      I just read through that monster. Good stuff.

Do we have any B6ers currently running a setup?

It sounds like upgraded intercooler and meth is the way to go to get all of the benefits. An S3 IC and a meth kit together is well under a $G, not bad!
      2006 Passat 2.0T Tiptronic | Unitronic Stage 2 | DG Springs | Newsouth Boost Gauge | BFI Tranny Insert | Rev D DV | BSH PCV fix | eBay Downpipe w/cat | Autotech Exhaust | DDM HIDs | Bentley Manual | VCDS - Car for sale! $6,000
      2003 Audi A6 3.0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12